• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

THIS OUGHTA BE FUN.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

Ohhhhh.....man!!

Poor pony!!!!

Me, I'd call the vet and let him take the whuppin' on that job!!!!

don't see any that are in very deep,I can see lots of black on most of em.and none look buried.likely he was takin a sniff,not a bite :wink:
I'd get my needle nose pliers and a few ice cubes out and go to it.
Take the easy ones first then put the ice on...if he reacts favorably keep goin,if not...vet him.
Would help to have a partner"ear twitch" him if there are any tough ones,might save a broke nose...JMO

What the heck?! :shock: Curious little thing, wasn't he? Look at his eye in the last pic, I think I'd call the vet, too, or ace him up real good. Good luck!

He looks pretty relaxed to me. I think I might start by putting a hood over his eyes, then clipping the ends off the needles with side cutters, then pulling. Things could be worse. It could be me :lol:

Silver said:
He looks pretty relaxed to me. I think I might start by putting a hood over his eyes, then clipping the ends off the needles with side cutters, then pulling. Things could be worse. It could be me :lol:

Don't clip em!!
cuttin em off doesn't do anything but make em shorter and harder to grab.

Just grab them with a plier's.My vet would laugh if you asked him to come out for such a minor problem.

codymccue said:
Silver said:

Don't clip em!!
cuttin em off doesn't do anything but make em shorter and harder to grab.

I've done it both ways- and I think sometimes clipping them just gets them sorer (and jumpier) before you start pulling...

That shouldn't be too hard a job...I had an old mare one time that had her whole head covered from one swat- then he must have swatted her across the front legs- and then she must have kicked the porky cause she had them all over a back leg too...
That one was a chore.....

I had to pull a head full out of a calf we branded the other day...

Blkbuckaroo said:
So did you get them out?And if so how,hopefully i never encounter this problem,but just in case. :shock:

I thought about pullin em myself,I have pulled my share of quills around here, dogs, cats, cows and a couple bulls,but this lil horse is young and i have spent lotsa time teaching him to bridle right,I didnt want to set him back and have a head shy horse,if he woulda had some age on him and been dead broke,probably would have just snugged his head up good and go slow till i got em pulled,but I thought calling the vet was the right thing to do with this horse.................good luck

Latest posts