• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This sucker stopped me in my tracks...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Turkey Track Bar

Reaction score
I hate spiders. They literally make my skin crawl. I was going to get water out of an outdoor faucet when this guy literally stopped me in my tracks. Other than a tarantula I think this is the largest spider I've ever seen. By a long ways. :shock:

If he's gonna hang out at my house, I wish he'd start catching mosquitoes. Of course, as dang big as he is, it would take 100 mosquitoes, just for the appetizer.

Don't mind my weeds!

DSC02162.jpg

DSC02160.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

DSC02164.jpg

Skin crawling cheers---

TTB :wink:

I have a raised flower bed next to where this guy has taken up residence. I was pulling some weeds and deadheading a few flowers, and another spider that looks like this one, just not as big, came flying up the weed I was pulling. :shock: (if we had an smiley for puking, it would be inserted here.) I never even saw his web. I got to looking a little closer I bet there are 10 of these kinds of spiders with their webs strewn across my flower bed, between the outer rocks and our house in about a 20 foot distance.

Gosh they give me the creeps. The weeds are welcome to grow until they are gone.

My skin is still moving after that one spider came flying up his web and the weed.

Hanta Yo said:
UGH! We have those wolf spiders and they get pretty big, too :shock:

Thanks Hanta, I didn't know these were wolf spiders. Do you know if they are "chameleonic." I swear the one that came up the weed and then up it's web, changed colors as it went, from white to brown, as it went from the whitish part of the house to the brownish part. And I see the spider I took the picture of, is white on one side and brown on the other.

I don't know as if I like snakes any better, but at least I can see them before they are on me....yuck.

Cheers---

ooo i like spiders :D haha yes im starnge,

but it doesnt look like a wolf spider to me, ours are big and all brown, no color to them, just dark and light brown, and they dont have a big abdomon like that, are are all pretty even as there body goes, but they do get pretty big, but are harmless. I guess as names go, everyone has differnt names for things, lol but personally to me it looks more like a tropical spider. i havent seen any spider colored like that since i was in fl, most of the spiders up north arent colored like that.

Katy

This is what i found that mostly resembles your spider.
:D

http://www.northmoortrust.co.uk/home/countryside/nature_reserve/nature-diary

Turkey Track Bar said:
Hanta Yo said:
UGH! We have those wolf spiders and they get pretty big, too :shock:

Thanks Hanta, I didn't know these were wolf spiders. Do you know if they are "chameleonic." I swear the one that came up the weed and then up it's web, changed colors as it went, from white to brown, as it went from the whitish part of the house to the brownish part. And I see the spider I took the picture of, is white on one side and brown on the other.

I don't know as if I like snakes any better, but at least I can see them before they are on me....yuck.

Cheers---

Are you sure something else didn't go from white to brown? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was a good enough one for ya? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Thanks CCG. I thought wolf spiders were brown too. I think we have those, especially in our larger coniferous trees.

Actually truth be told, unless it's a black widow, daddy long legs or tarantula, they're just spiders to me and all give me the creeps.

BMR: :lol2: but in reality I think it was me who went from brown to white.

Cheers---

Hey TTB, it's kinda hard to see how big he is because there's nothing to gauge it by.

How be you go back out and hold your finger beside it just to give us something to which we can compare it?

:wink: :lol:

I found some just like that by a house I was remodeling,my wife is deathly scared of spiders, so I thought I'd take 2 home to show her. I got them caught alive, put them in a rubbermaid dish with a dark top, and put back in my cooler. It was a long hard day and it kinda just slipped my mind. That is until I heard a blood curtolling scream and dishes crashing in the kitchen. She was still shaking and screaming when I got there. THAT WAS ABOUT 20 YEARS AGO, and she still does not beleive that I forgot they were in there.

TTB cool looking spider love the colors on him. Sorry he scared ya. If it had been a snake I would have been the one back in the house.

oldblood OMGAWD what I cant beleive is your still alive after that one LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :D

That's very pretty Lilly...is that a Lilly flower by chance? Lilly plants of all species are my favorites.

As for the smartie, Burnt, I took a ruler out there...the sucker measured in at over an inch and a half. Surely that makes Boone & Crockett or the South Dakota record book, doesn't it? :lol2: :lol2: Of course I guess I need the specimen and specie. Don't really need to get that close!

Cheers----

Latest posts