• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Thought for the week

Help Support Ranchers.net:

"Never get up in the morning with a long face, or you will have that much more to shave." :wink:

As seen in the Jan 14, 2012 FENCE POST, Laugh Tracks in the Dust by Milo Yield.

Hi Katrina,
Just wanted to let you know that I miss reading your weekly thought posts.

I read the following statment from a book a while back and thought I would share it with you all and see what we can make out of it...

"We have one thing and one thing only to rebel against: Our own negative or unrealistic or unworkable states of mind"

Hope all is well in your little corner of the world.

sweetbasil said:
Hi Katrina,
Just wanted to let you know that I miss reading your weekly thought posts.

I read the following statment from a book a while back and thought I would share it with you all and see what we can make out of it...

"We have one thing and one thing only to rebel against: Our own negative or unrealistic or unworkable states of mind"

Hope all is well in your little corner of the world.

Hi Sweetbasil,

It's rockin in my little corner...
Totally understand this statement.. It's kinda like karma...How you use it is up to you..
I have a new one:
Where in this wide world
Can man find nobility without pride,
Friendship without envy,
Or beauty without vanity?
Here, where grace is served with muscle
... And strength by gentleness confined
He serves without servility;
He has fought without enmity.
There is nothing so powerful,
Nothing less violent.
There is nothing so quick,
Nothing more patient.
~Ronald Duncan, "The Horse," 1954

Very nice post! I do know there are plenty of people that still can find "...friendship without envy" but these types of traits in a person can only be learned at home...

You should appreciate what you have, before it becomes what you Had

Some people are hard to deal with, some simply aren't worth the effort

Here are some simple truths:
* There are many things in life that we have no control over.
* Every person deserves the "dignity" of their own process.
* Every person has the right to make their own choices about how they want to live.
* We do not have the right to push our needs, desires or opinions onto anyone else.
* There are life cycles that everyone and everything goes through. They are unavoidable (no matter how much we would like it to be different).

Latest posts