• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Three Day Rain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am pleased to report to you that Cherry County, Nebraska, AKA God's Country is currently in the midst of a THREE DAY RAIN! We received .80 Tuesday night, 1.65 last night, I emptied my gauge at 8 this morning and had .35 at noon - and it has been raining steadily since then.

A couple weeks of sun and this place is going to look like Ireland! There's a lot of smiling faces around. :D

Good for you! My inch put a smile on my face, so bet you are getting wrinkles from all the smiling you are doing.

Rancher;

Just take my share of the check for rain and put it in the basket at church, next time you are there. :)

After all, I just put in the request, I didn't deliver or make the goods!

Jinglebob said:
Rancher;

Just take my share of the check for rain and put it in the basket at church, next time you are there. :)

I've got to do more than pass the basket at church - our preacher is going to be gone and has made me "preacher for a day". I'm accepting suggestions for the sermon............

Sandhusker said:
Jinglebob said:
Rancher;

I've got to do more than pass the basket at church - our preacher is going to be gone and has made me "preacher for a day". I'm accepting suggestions for the sermon............

Haymaker preaches "Packer reform"

How about to Canadians: Exodus 20:17 (Thou shalt not covet your neighbors.....) Could that mean; thou shalt not covet the USA cattle market? Sorry, couldn't resist this morning, feeling kinda fiesty. Have a good day.

I could go for packer reform. However, I think USDA reform would take care of that and a lot of other things that need taken care of.

We ended up with 4.55 inches for the three days. 5 miles West of town where my cows are got right at 6 inches. The corrals are a lake. We've got to build a portable on high ground to work cows tomorrow.

Looks like we may get some sunshine today, and enough wind to dry things a little. I had .90 in my rain gauge Wednesday morning, I emptied it then. This morning I have 3.5 inches in it. A darn good rain, now if we just don't get a late spring freeze.

As for a sermon: "Try humble thyself" We always look at the passages that makes us feel good, in spite of our selfish interests.

MLA, I've got four or five for everybody.

"As a North wind brings rain, so a sly tongue brings angry looks", Proverbs 25:23

"Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both" Proverbs 27:03

His malice may be concealed by deception, but his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly" Proverbs 26:26

"With his mouth the godless destroys his neighbor, but through knowledge the righteous escapes" Proverbs 11:09

Latest posts