• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Three lonely pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Procrastinatingongoingoutinthewind.jpg

Procrastinating on going out in the wind
Eventhegeesewereallhunkeredup.jpg

Even the geese were all hunkered up trying to put the wind out of their minds.
Anyonewanttobuyaburro.jpg

Anyone want to buy a burro?

gcreekrch said:
So did you get one too many for a feeding four-up?
We've had some strong winds here the last couple of days also.

I am proud to say that I didn't buy the burros. They sold for $10 apiece, and it is anybody's guess what they will be good for.

That's cheaper than going to the gardening center and buying battery operated yard ornaments, AND you wouldn't need a lawn mower anymore. :wink:

Soapweed said:
gcreekrch said:

I am proud to say that I didn't buy the burros. They sold for $10 apiece, and it is anybody's guess what they will be good for.

Just think how popular you would be in the july 4th parades with your pack string and prospectors costume. :wink: :lol:

Hope calf prices pick up next year as your going to need a new pair of boots. :?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:
gcreekrch said:

Just think how popular you would be in the july 4th parades with your pack string and prospectors costume. :wink: :lol:

Hope calf prices pick up next year as your going to need a new pair of boots. :?

I'm debating whether to fix them up one more time or just start over. :wink:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:
gcreekrch said:

Novel idea BMR. Soapweed, you are going to have to start the beard growing now in order to be ready for the parade.
We expect to view progress reports. :D

gcreekrch said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:

Novel idea BMR. Soapweed, you are going to have to start the beard growing now in order to be ready for the parade.
We expect to view progress reports. :D

Maybe I'd better keep the boots after all so I could wear them with my prospector's garb. A proper hat would probably have to be turned up in the front and back instead of on each side. :wink:

If you'd thought about it, ya could of got 2 birds with one rock. Didnt ya realize "burro" is an exotic leather! Wonder how many boots ya can get out'a 1 donkey? Ya even could have went super fancy and had em' done hair-on! Nebraska would have become closer to the runways of Paris. Next we have Mr. Weed in his ensomble of ranch wear! Twirl, spin, gawk off into space looking bored! Just look at his cutting edge burrobooties! But then PETA would show up and you'd be on all the daytime B.S. shows defending your decision to wear fur! It's probably best you sat on your hands when those long-eared democrats went through the ring! :wink: :D :D :D :D :D No offense to the burro's! :wink: :D

Ostridge boots, Alligator boots, Bullhide boots, Skin off My A$$ boots........................ :?

Could start a whole new fashion craze.

Soapweed said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:

I'm debating whether to fix them up one more time or just start over. :wink:
I have a pair that looks like that. The last time I took them into the boot maker to be fixed he was surprised they were still alive!! Not sure they will stand one more fix.

It looks like you did not get the memo :?

THE DONKEY ( OR ASS) :???: IS NO LONGER THE SYMBOL OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!! :eek:

WITH THE NEW ADMINISTRATION :twisted: THE OSTRIDGE (HEAD BURRIED IN THE SAND ASS EXPOSED TO THE NEW GOVERNMENT) :oops: :oops: IS NOW THE SYMBOL OF THE PARTY IN POWER. :!:
:lol: 8) :p

Soapweed, those boots look to have LOTS of wear left in them! How far do you have to go to find a boot repair shop? We are lucky to have a local guy who has figured out how to do a pretty fair job of it, otherwise, it is 120 miles to Rapid City for 'repairs'.

mrj

We had a Jenny burro around here during the 4H years. They are the best thing in the west to break cattle to lead. Well about a year after we purchased this little Jenny, I was calving cows. One mornin' I spies the little burro, and figures she has run some heifer off her calf, cause she is standing over one laying there. As I gets closer, this calf don't look right, and sure enough, it is a colt. How did this happen I wonders, cause no other donkey has ever got near this place. I checked out the gestation period on donkeys, and it is 12 months, so I check the check stub where I bought her. I have owned her one week shy of 12 months. We keeps the pair to break calves to lead, then sold two of them. I was stupid not to sell the pair when the colt was a cutie pie. I never have figured out this marketing thing! They work good to teach bulls to lead, they can handle a stout onery bull just fine.

Mr Shipler sells Olathe boots and also repairs them. He is in Texas so you have to ship them to him but he does a nice job and is fast and very dependable.

http://www.shiplerboots.com/aboutus.html

Latest posts