• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

TICKS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Anybody else got them?

hey are out with a vengeance here. I just crawl when i get in from fencing. :mad:

We've got them in Venezuela and they're dangerous if allowed to accumulate on the animals or remain for too long. Inspecting and then spraying our animals is a required routine.

We have been fighting them all spring. Even had to pour the horses wayyyyy early, and the pour on burned all the hair off of 3 of them

...been saddled with a lingering case of Lyme's since Jun 99'...ain't no love lost between me an' Deer Ticks.

Check yerselves at the end of every day you're in and around areas that have 'em...I would'nt wish this crap I have on my worst enemy.

...well ok...maybe I might !

8)

burnt said:
I have some in my watch . . . :)
Hmmmm I have tocks in mine .....wonder where you have to be to have both?
Please STOP talking about ticks....eeeeeeeeeeeeee everytime I heard about them I start to itch and skin starts to crawl.....ok I am off to shower uugggg

My vet said this is the worst year he has seen for ticks.

We were contacted by a young lady that bought a pup from us and she has a 1 acre fenced lot with " lots of trees " and her pup was acting listless so she took him to her vet,

The vet dipped him and got 45 ticks! She took him home and took a shower with him and found 10 more!

The vet I use is an old timer (72) and instead of the expensive heart worm and flea medicines for dogs has me use Zimecterin and with that it takes very little ( one notch on the plunger ) every 30 days.

My dogs still have gotten an ocasional tick but I feel if I did not find it and remove it the tick would die as since doing this I no longer find any bloated ticks. I feel I'm finding them before they die and fall off.

The young lady said they had been using Advantage and her vet recommended to go to every 2 weeks instead of once a month untill the wet weather subsides. That stuff is about $30.00 a treatment if I remember right.

Do any of you use Zemecterin of fleas, ticks, heartworms on your dogs?

George said:
My vet said this is the worst year he has seen for ticks.

We were contacted by a young lady that bought a pup from us and she has a 1 acre fenced lot with " lots of trees " and her pup was acting listless so she took him to her vet,

The vet dipped him and got 45 ticks! She took him home and took a shower with him and found 10 more!

The vet I use is an old timer (72) and instead of the expensive heart worm and flea medicines for dogs has me use Zimecterin and with that it takes very hlittle ( one notch on the plunger ) every 30 days.

My dogs still have gotten an ocasional tick but I feel if I did not find it and remove it the tick would die as since doing this I no longer find any bloated ticks. I feel I'm finding them before they die and fall off.

The young lady said they had been using Advantage and her vet recommended to go to every 2 weeks instead of once a month untill the wet weather subsides. That stuff is about $30.00 a treatment if I remember right.

Do any of you use Zemecterin of fleas, ticks, heartworms on your dogs?

Same here. Also mix seven dust in with cedar chips for doghouse/kennel and it helps also. Can also use the injectable cattlewormer administering by mouth. Had a friend have a horrible case of fleas on one of his hounds no flea meds was working so we diluted some reg ivomec pour on for cattle and no more fleas/ticks

Found one tick on one horse this year. We don't generaly see them much here on livestock, although the moose seem to get afflicted pretty regularily.

I've already had four of 'em on me this spring. I hate the buggers. It takes forever for the bites to stop itching.

I have been bitten twice this year already. The chaparral in Southern California has a very heavy population of ticks this year due to the rain. A terrible pest for man or beast. It is so bad if you work in the hills they are wearing flea collars around their ankles.
I have been made very sick by tick a tick bite that required special antibiotics and a few months to cure. So they are no joke.

Northern Rancher said:
I've been riding around the brush-grass not quite to stirrups yet-well maybe yours not mine lol.

Now that's funny stuff!!! See being vertically challenged has its good points. Lol

Latest posts