• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

tight knit community...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hereford76

Reaction score
a guy doesn't realize how tight knit a community they live in until something tragic happens. pretty sparse population around here and everyone either knows eachother or is related. the night before last a friend and his son (friend to my sons) was killed on a dirt bike. they were headed home from dinner cross country driving into the sun and wrecked - the dad is beat up physically, bruised lung, broken ribs, bones, etc but i cannot imagine what he is going thru emotionally with his boy killed in the wreck. its amazing how the community is reacting to help as much as it can. a person can do something for granted a thousand times but you just never know for sure...

Tough one 76. I have observed as the influx of people move in they create a critical mass and the community is essentially gone. Hayguy and I can attest to having many neighbors we don't know and who don't want to know us even though our families have stayed put for generations. Count your blessings you still have a community and we are praying for your friend.

per said:
Tough one 76. I have observed as the influx of people move in they create a critical mass and the community is essentially gone. Hayguy and I can attest to having many neighbors we don't know and who don't want to know us even though our families have stayed put for generations. Count your blessings you still have a community and we are praying for your friend.

just came in from fencing (mostly to keep people out) and read this, couldn't have said anything any better Per, this site has become my surrogate community.

and yes 76 we are praying for your friend

Sad deal for sure. Not sure how or if I could handle something like that. :?

I hope your friend can draw on the strength of the community and find peace.

Prayers.

HEREFORD----PRAYERS TO THE FAMILY!! TRAGEDY DOES, INDEED, BRING A COMMUNITY TOGETHER....OUR LITTLE TOWN WENT THROUGH MUCH THE SAME THING IN 2003 WHEN A MAN OPENED FIRE OUTSIDE OF A LOCAL SALOON AND SHOT 6 OF OUR YOUNG ADULTS...KILLING ONE YOUNG MAN, LEAVING A WIDOW AND A SMALL GIRL TO GROW UP WITHOUT A FATHER!!

Latest posts