• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Time for accountability

Help Support Ranchers.net:

reader (the Second) said:
Must be the hot flashes in effect tonight.

:shock: Just got back to this thread and I would have to say this was rude and mean behavior on you part Reader. :roll: where did I say anything to you to deserve this rude comment :? maybe you should keep your tiny little mouth closed as it seems to be proving how bitter you really are. :wink:

Tommy said:
Tam...Another divertion to the topic will R-CALF ever be held accountable for their statements that this letter writer said he witnessed.

Tam I was at the meeting Mr. Sanko was at and what he states in his letter is a lie. The veterinerian he is talking about is Dr. Max Thornsberry. Why don't you write him and get his words, not just take it for granted what someone says is true? I'll furnish an e-mail address to him if you are interested in the truth.

Could you have interpreted what Dr. Thornsberry was saying in a different way because you support R-CALF rhetoric? :???: Maybe a person that had virgin ears to the rhetoric took home a complete different view in what he heard.

Jessie said:
Catching up on some the posts. I must have missed something here though?
Start reading, thinking yes certain people and organizations should be held accountable for the back door tactics/words. Which should be something everyone could agree on, even here. I know all about the emotion and hurt feelings regarding this subject and often wonder if it can ever be reversed/mended.
Sometimes there is such a thing as black and white with no greys.
Take away who is reaping what at some one else's expense and who is frosting who's butt. The truth/accountability for the less then steller actions of some would be well should be wanted by all.
Now not saying it would change anything...heaven forbid.
Then comes words such as lobbyists, status qoa. People need some meds and having hot flashes... Now my hang over is cleared and still scratching my head...What the ????? What warrants those comments? seriously not beening a (donkey here)
Or do I say oops and sorry talking out my ummm ear here.
This is just the kind of comments you get when you ask a question that no body wants to answer first they distract then if that doesnt work they discredit and if that doesn't work they move on to rude name calling :) If the question is really hard they tag team you and that is what you are witnessing here. You will get use to it :wink:

I think you will find that cattle went up on monday because of automatic event buying by investers on the internet rather than anything the ncba or usda says.

The fact remains, if the media considered R-CULT a credible source of information on BSE, they would be quoting their previous comments regarding the safety of Canadian beef since we now have BSE within our domestic herd.

Fact is, the media does look to USDA and NCBA for credible information on BSE. The media is smart enough to see the bigger picture if they research it. Pretty hard not to see the hypocrisy in suggesting Canadian beef is unsafe because Canada had BSE in their domestic herd and not consider U.S. beef safe under the same circumstances.

~SH~

The fact remains, if the media considered SH and AMI a credible source of information on BSE they wouldn't have to keep informing the public with new information of the real facts.

Tam...Could you have interpreted what Dr. Thornsberry was saying in a different way because you support R-CALF rhetoric? Maybe a person that had virgin ears to the rhetoric took home a complete different view in what he heard.

Could it be that you will believe anybody who says things that are not true because of your bias against them Tam? Like I stated before, if you want the truth on what Dr. Thornsberry said that night, I will provide an e-mail address to you in a PM if you like.

SH, "A former "inconclusive" became a "weak positive" with an animal that never entered the food chain. The CME yawned and life goes on."

:lol: A former Inconclusive became a "weak positive"? :lol: You're a funny, funny guy. You should of been a lawyer, you can defend anybody with a straight face! :p

Here's the facts; Months ago, the USDA rested their case on a NEGETIVE finding , NOT INCONCLUSIVE (without bothering to use the test the rest of the world considers the final word). Fong didn't belive they were doing all they could to assure food safety and now the cow is recognized as a POSITIVE, NOT A WEAK POSITIVE.

If the USDA was doing ALL THEY COULD to insure food safety, why did it take Phyllis Fong to find out what that cow really was?

Tommy said:
Tam...Could you have interpreted what Dr. Thornsberry was saying in a different way because you support R-CALF rhetoric? Maybe a person that had virgin ears to the rhetoric took home a complete different view in what he heard.

Could it be that you will believe anybody who says things that are not true because of your bias against them Tam? Like I stated before, if you want the truth on what Dr. Thornsberry said that night, I will provide an e-mail address to you in a PM if you like.

Tommy I know R-CALF has been spouting the same old rhetoric for the past two years and the even did it in court to the point that Judge Cebull, a man that Oldtimer says is a fair unbias judge :roll: came to the ruling that stated Canadian beef was a genuine risk of death. :x So when I read they had their so called expert vet out spouting more of the same crap why wouldn't I believe it over your version. :???: You still believe the US test a higher percentage of cattle than Canada because Leo told you they were, but the numbers, I have posted several times and will again if you need more proof of where Leo lies. prove otherwise. He also lied about Canadians still processing downer, no R-CALF members owning cattle in Canada and countless other little gems. So You can believe the R-CALF rhedoric no matter how many times it has been proven wrong but I believe what I see as the truth and that is R-CALF will say and will find others that support their agenga to say what ever it takes to get support for keeping the border closed. Isn't that why they stood hand in hand with anti beef groups because they at the time also didn't trust our beef? well let us just see if they will walk on stage again with the anti beef groups, that now have the ammo to hurt if not kill the US beef industry straight from the mouth of LEO. :shock: When you have a group with leaders that will say anything to justify keeping the border closed it is not a hard jump to believe they would be backed by others that say the same kind of crap. And even if this vet didn't say what this Mr Sanko wrote when are you going to hold them accountable for all the things we KNOW they did say on TV, radio, in the court of law, at membership drive meeting and the rest of the times LEO and BILL openned their mouths. The main Idea of the letter was to point out that R-CALF should be held accountable for the damaging comments they have been making and when questioned LEO turn it around and took credit for something he and R-CALF had nothing to do with like they did with the high cattle prices in the US due to increased demand from the atkins diet craze. You Tommy are a typical R-CALFer you can't see the forest for the trees. You would rather discredit Mr. Sanko and anyone else that doesn't see R-CALF through your rose coloured glass instead of looking at all the comments R-CALF has made to damage consumer confidence in your product and say hell yes explain your statements now Leo how can US beef be safe when you have been telling us for two years Canadian beef is a risk to our lives.

Whatever Tam. I was at the meeting, I know what was said and not said. Mr. Sanko did not confront Dr. Thornsberry during the question and answer part of the meeting, rather he confronted Bill Bullard in a hallway, disrupting the meeting that was going on. If he had so many problems with what Dr. Thornsberry was stating, why didn't he state his objections to him during the question and answer period?

Tam...And even if this vet didn't say what this Mr Sanko wrote when are you going to hold them accountable for all the things we KNOW they did say on TV, radio, in the court of law, at membership drive meeting and the rest of the times LEO and BILL openned their mouths

Are you now backing off of what Mr. Sanko stated Tam?
As far as the rest of what you have to say, let the facts come out in court. But that will not satisfy you, because if the ruling doesn't go your way you will say as you and others have, that the judge is bought off.

TimH...3) Is this Dr.Thornsberry a REAL veterinarian???

Just thought I'd let you know Tim.

Max Thornsberry, DVM, MBA, Richland, Mo. Thornsberry is a past president of Missouri Stockgrower's Association and Missouri Cattlemen's Association and is the Region VI Director for R-CALF USA; he is licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Kansas, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Nebraska. Thornsberry owns TNT Cattle Company, a certified feeder calf preconditioning enterprise and Avanco Feeds, a veterinary and nutrition company serving the beef, dairy, swine and companion animal owners of central Missouri.

Tommy,

R-CALF does not conduct question and ANSWER sessions. They conduct question and STATEMENT sessions. Big Difference. They don't enter into true debate in public because in doing so they get their heads handed to them.

I've asked these guys pointed questions numerous times and they dance around them like circus chickens.

Here's two questions I have asked publicly that were never addressed:

1. If packer concentration and captive supplies are the reasons for lower cattle prices, which one of those two factors changed to allow prices to go higher recently.

DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!

2. How will banning packers from owning cattle affect USPB?

DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!

I didn't ask the questions to get an answer! I asked the questions to watch the dance!

Sandman: "Here's the facts; Months ago, the USDA rested their case on a NEGETIVE finding , NOT INCONCLUSIVE (without bothering to use the test the rest of the world considers the final word). Fong didn't belive they were doing all they could to assure food safety and now the cow is recognized as a POSITIVE, NOT A WEAK POSITIVE."

No, here's the facts. This cow originally was inconclusive which resulted in further testing that resulted in a negative. It was put to rest until R-CULT's buddies from the Consumer Federation demanded further testing from Phyliss Fong & Co. The sample was then sent to Europe where the Western Blot deemed it a WEAK POSITIVE. That's the facts!

As if I would listen to your USDA blaming spin job.

Sandman: "If the USDA was doing ALL THEY COULD to insure food safety, why did it take Phyllis Fong to find out what that cow really was?"

Oh, so you disagree with Leo when he said we have the safest beef in the world?

Glad we cleared that up!

Phyllis Fong was pressured by the Consumer Federation to conduct further testing which turned up a weak positive. How did that save the world?

What offered more safety to consumers, the fact that the cow never entered the food chain or the results of a test AFTER THE FACT??

BWAME DA USDA!

~SH~

Phyllis Fong was pressured by the Consumer Federation to conduct further testing which turned up a weak positive. How did that save the world?
No SH that didn't save the world but it very well may have saved Canadian boxed beef from being shut out per R-Calfs wishes. A big deal to Canada.

I for one am darn thankful that Phyllis Fong made the call.

Tommy said:
Whatever Tam. I was at the meeting, I know what was said and not said. Mr. Sanko did not confront Dr. Thornsberry during the question and answer part of the meeting, rather he confronted Bill Bullard in a hallway, disrupting the meeting that was going on. If he had so many problems with what Dr. Thornsberry was stating, why didn't he state his objections to him during the question and answer period?

Tam...And even if this vet didn't say what this Mr Sanko wrote when are you going to hold them accountable for all the things we KNOW they did say on TV, radio, in the court of law, at membership drive meeting and the rest of the times LEO and BILL openned their mouths

Are you now backing off of what Mr. Sanko stated Tam?
As far as the rest of what you have to say, let the facts come out in court. But that will not satisfy you, because if the ruling doesn't go your way you will say as you and others have, that the judge is bought off.

No Tommy I'm not backing off what he said I would just like to know how much more Leo will have to lie about before you and the rest of the followers will take him to task. Come on Tommy tell us just what would he have to say to get you mad enough to stop and think for yourself. Was the testing not enough proof or the processing of downer or the no R-CALFers own cattle in Canada or your firewalls protected you from BSE but our stricter firewalls were inadaquate to do the job. When are you going to see that he lies through his flipping teeth and his lies are going to take you down with him. Why do you think that he is jumping ship now that BSE has been found in the US born and bred. He doesn't want to face the music that is now playing due to his comments that could wind up being the funeral march to the US beef industry. :mad:

Tommy,

I have read enough of your posts to know that you have been brainwashed with so much anti NCBA rhetoric in the past that you would rather defend R-CALF's lies than admit that you were wrong about NCBA.

BTW, Happy 4th and thanks for serving!

~SH~

TimH...3) Is this Dr.Thornsberry a REAL veterinarian???

Just thought I'd let you know Tim.

Max Thornsberry, DVM, MBA, Richland, Mo. Thornsberry is a past president of Missouri Stockgrower's Association and Missouri Cattlemen's Association and is the Region VI Director for R-CALF USA; he is licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Kansas, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Nebraska. Thornsberry owns TNT Cattle Company, a certified feeder calf preconditioning enterprise and Avanco Feeds, a veterinary and nutrition company serving the beef, dairy, swine and companion animal owners of central Missouri.

Thanks for answering question #3, Tommy. The reason I asked is because he is the only person I have ever heard suggest that the BSE agent is present in urine,etc. Not even Dr.Prusiner has suggested this as far as I know. Would you care to comment on #'s 1 or 2 ???

SH...I have read enough of your posts to know that you have been brainwashed with so much anti NCBA rhetoric in the past that you would rather defend R-CALF's lies than admit that you were wrong about NCBA.

Scott where would I get any anti NCBA rhetoric? It sure is not at an R-CALF meeting, they do not say anything about them, unlike the NCBA meetings I have attended. All they can talk about is R-CALF. One man that attended both meetings in Fort Scott, thanked Bill Bullard publicly for not bringing up NCBA and saying anything against them.

Mike...You asked for it Tommy!

You were right Mike, I should have kept my mouth shut, or my fingers from typing anyway.

Take care.

~SH~ said:
No, here's the facts. This cow originally was inconclusive which resulted in further testing that resulted in a negative. It was put to rest until R-CULT's buddies from the Consumer Federation demanded further testing from Phyliss Fong & Co. The sample was then sent to Europe where the Western Blot deemed it a WEAK POSITIVE. That's the facts!

As if I would listen to your USDA blaming spin job.

~SH~

~SH~ Ol Wise One- Seer of all known to man-Visionary of the Cattlemans future :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go back and read the reports that have "filtered out" because the USDA in it transparency hasn't been very transparent -- or honest- or knowledgeable--- or else knows not their arse from a hole in the ground :???:

Pick any/all of the above :lol:

The releases coming out have showed they tested a downer/dead cow in Nov- they got a possible positive...Concerned enough to not even allow the cow carcass into a dog food factory...
Then they retested using "their Gold Standard" test and got a negative...
Then they retested again using a "so-called experimental test" and got another positive-- which these so called Ames Iowa "reknowned SCIENTISTS" decided to disregard and stuff the rest of the sample material into a container with material from 4 other cows and forget about it :???: -- Then freeze it up- Don't tell anyone about it- including the boss :???:
After Ms. Fong in her investigation- and probably because of questions coming out of Consumers Union ( because fraud that extends to endangering health usually can't be kept quiet)- decided to retest and "she" retested with the Western Blot- which even then the USDA Secretary said he was unaware of- until a peon finally told him (has no idea whats happening in his department either :cry: )- probably to busy opening up imports from possible higher risk countries and backing the "Big Boys Bucks" rather than looking at the true picture and USDA's primary goal- to safeguard US consumer and cattle herd safety - which is what both Ms.Fong has said in a previous investigation and a Federal Court judge ruled the evidence showed..........

And for months NCBA has followed the big corporate/USDA drumbeat in condemning anyone who even questioned USDA, the testing program, the fact they allowed in banned beef, their proposed policy, etc. etc........

I'm kind of proud to be a member that doesn't go with the status quo- Good Old Boy- I slap you on the backside - you kiss-mine-- you hide this for me groups...

SH- Go back to trapping those SD gophers and leave investigating to the oldtimers that no how to :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts