• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tips for Oklahoma bull buying

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hay Feeder

Reaction score
On a Oklahoma bull buying trip one needs to use a bumper hitch trailer !!!
becuase one will have to fill the pickup bed full of DIMES so one can pay all the tolls while travling in and out of the fine state of Oklahoma.
Also no need for GPS because one has to drive around Tulsa at least twice to get through that fine city. :p

On a Oklahoma bull buying trip one needs to use a bumper hitch trailer !!!
becuase one will have to fill the pickup bed full of DIMES so one can pay all the tolls while travling in and out of the fine state of Oklahoma.
Also no need for GPS because one has to drive around Tulsa at least twice to get through that fine city.

I hear ya! Went on a cow buying trip to Texas and by the last toll booth in Oklahoma we were collecting change out of everybodies pockets and counting it out of a cowboy hat to the toll booth person, needless to say she was not impressed at 2 in the morning. :D

No kiddin, headed to Manhattan last month and dug out change from every crevis in the truck.

The best part about Oklahoma and their turnpike is how absolutely glass like smooth it is. And oh yea, how about how they put the signs at the top of the exit ramp, so you have lots of time to get slowed down?
I am getting where I hate driving anywhere south of Kansas.

At least the kansas turnpike you get a ticket when you get on and pay when you get off. In oklahoma every so miles you got to pay.

I drove clear through Oklahoma and Kansas in February, both ways and the only "toll booth" I saw was south of OKC, and fortunately they were not charging that morning.
I did learn that the only safe navigation in Oklahoma is in a Peterbilt, way before sunrise.

Latest posts