• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

To HELL WITH R-CALF

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hat said:
SASH said:
Hat said:
Says who?

That's the way it works, if the organization can't pay the bill, the membership is responsible unless you are incorporated which you are not. we checked.

Then your even less likely to see a dime in the improbable event you'd actually win.

I figure you guys should have lots of money tucked away after all those good cattle prices you keep talking about. Better sell some of those funny looking cattle so you can pay the bill.

Hat said:
Hat said:
A spokesperson for Manitoba Agriculture Minister Rosann Wowchuk said the province won't support the lawsuit; it prefers to use diplomatic channels to open the border.

Go get em TIGER! Grrrrrr! Look out here come the Mounties to repo our farms. Ugh Eh! could you vacate the premises Eh! Were so surry eh! Yeah right! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The reason we're filing in a Montana court is specifically so the logistics will be taken care of by US officials. :wink:

Hat said:
SASH said:
Hat said:
Go get em TIGER! Grrrrrr! Look out here come the Mounties to repo our farms. Ugh Eh! could you vacate the premises Eh! Were so surry eh! Yeah right! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The reason we're filing in a Montana court is specifically so the logistics will be taken care of by US officials. :wink:

Let me get this straight. Your filing your law suit in Montana, against a US cattle org founded in........Montana which is the state that has closed the border twice. I don't know eh! Hell lets bet $200.

I heard that our Montana lawyer picked a friendly judge. :wink:

Is it possible the Canadians could do something to market thier own product.There could be hope for you people.

smalltime said:
Is it possible the Canadians could do something to market thier own product.There could be hope for you people.

We did. That's what the NAFTA agreement was all about. Good Luck.

Could it be you Canadians might do something to market your own product.Congratulations and welcome to the real world of business.

smalltime said:
Could it be you Canadians might do something to market your own product.Congratulations and welcome to the real world of business.

And why would you assume to know more about the real world of business down there? You sound like someone who doesn't get out much.

I get out alot .Iread alot .I listen alot.Canada produces more beef than i,ts own population can consume.Therefore export is a necessity.A business person would develope slaughter capacity and open new markets.All i read fromm you Canadians is let us in on yours.One thing i don't do is type alot.

smalltime said:
I get out alot .Iread alot .I listen alot.Canada produces more beef than i,ts own population can consume.Therefore export is a necessity.A business person would develope slaughter capacity and open new markets.All i read fromm you Canadians is let us in on yours.One thing i don't do is type alot.

Well, the way I remember it, before 1985 we did produce almost exactly the same amount of beef as we consumed. Then PM Brian Mulroney came along and stuffed a free trade agreement with you guys down our throat that we didn't necessarily want... at least a lot of us felt as though we were being sold out to the U.S. What followed was that you guys needed more beef, and we could produce it cheaper. Thats why your herd hasn't grown in 20 years. You guys wanted our beef, we supplied it. Our herd grows by about 25%. And then... just like we knew would happen.... you guys pull the rug out. At least those are the events as I remember them. And I've got a good memory. In fact, I can remember stuff that never even happened..... :?

A good rule of business is never trust your government to make adeal for you and always keep an eye on your partner.I"ve seen ranchers and friends cut each others throats for pennies.As isee it this whole bse border closings is just business.Free enterprize is not for the weak of heart.Participate aty your own risk.

smalltime said:
A good rule of business is never trust your government to make adeal for you and always keep an eye on your partner.I"ve seen ranchers and friends cut each others throats for pennies.As isee it this whole bse border closings is just business.Free enterprize is not for the weak of heart.Participate aty your own risk.

You know, Smalltime, I would say that there is a lot of truth in what you said.
The border closing is more than "just business" though. It goes beyond business into the territory of very dirty, crooked business. That kind of business works best for tough bully types. How do you see yourself fitting in with that type? It sounds like you described them well. Would you say that kind of person is typical of your fellow cattlemen?

If we were weak of heart we'd all have died off long ago. :shock:

We are well aware of the free enterprise system, and we have learned a lot more in the past two years. What we have learned is that agreements were made to be broken, and a 'partner's' word is not necessarily to be trusted.

We've learned the lesson well, and no one up here is under the impression that the border opening is going to make everything right. Not by a long shot. What we are looking for now is for the border to open and set a precedent for dealing with other countries, and to provide a bit of stability until the new plants are operating.

We are well aware that the day after the border opens our 'buddies' in R-Calf will be back in court looking for more injuctions, or tariffs, or whatever they can get, so there's no sense planning a future that has any form of dependence on America.

You can't run a business under that kind of uncertainty, so we need to find other markets with people who actually do want to trade. We've come through the worst now, so no sense sliding back into the old ways.

Latest posts