• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

To Wet To Cut hay,So Ill Cut Firewood

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
IMG_1200.jpg

To wet to cut hay,so Ill cut firewood.........headed to the bottoms
IMG_1203.jpg

Crossing the creek.
IMG_1207.jpg

Think I will check a field first.
IMG_1206.jpg

Yup,lots of hay,but I wonder about the quality,just been too wet to cut.
IMG_1209.jpg

This winter's firewood.
IMG_1214.jpg

headed home.
IMG_1215.jpg

About 50 round bales that got washed down the creek,got em on end hoping they dry.
IMG_1217.jpg

Past the pens.
IMG_1223.jpg

Not much wood,but it's a start.
IMG_1231.jpg

All this work has me plumb tuckered out and a LiL thirsty,nothing like cool spring water when you been workin hard.
good luck

On that dirt road. Is that white dirt hauled in or is the soil that color?

Looks like what we call "pit run" but you sure would have a lot to haul and spread.

Thanks Katy,my lil blue tractor is beaming LOL,
No Jinglebob it's oak,we have a terrible problem with oak trees dieing here in the hill country,so when its too wet to get in the fields,cut wood or patch fence,take your choice............good luck

Question for you Haymaker, why do you have those bales sitting on end?

If you are getting that much rain won't that soak moisture in like a sponge?

Bill said:

I hope not,weather folks are sayin no more rain for a few days,they were laying on the side for a week soakin water,the ends were dry so I sat em on end,hoping the sides will dry enough to get them in the barn.............good luck
PS Yes you're right of course,on end they will soak up plenty water.

Mike said:
On that dirt road. Is that white dirt hauled in or is the soil that color?

Looks like what we call "pit run" but you sure would have a lot to haul and spread.

That's good ole TX hill country "caliche" LOL,I dig in the back and spread it as needed,which has been often this year,these hill country roads are terrible about washing out.............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Bill said:

I hope not,weather folks are sayin no more rain for a few days,they were laying on the side for a week soakin water,the ends were dry so I sat em on end,hoping the sides will dry enough to get them in the barn.............good luck

:lol: You have more confidence in your weather forecasters than I do ours!

All charts and data are assembled by Environment Canada but by the time theirs and the WeatherNetwork's and Accuweather's "experts" get done ciphering and reporting we can have 3 entirely different forecasts.

Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:
Bill said:

:lol: You have more confidence in your weather forecasters than I do ours!

All charts and data are assembled by Environment Canada but by the time theirs and the WeatherNetwork's and Accuweather's "experts" get done ciphering and reporting we can have 3 entirely different forecasts.

Yes,dang weather folks,must be nice is all I can say,be that wrong and still get paid :D :D .............good luck

I enjoyed the pictures, Hay Maker. Looks like you had fun, gave your blue tractor some excercise, and accomplished quite a bit all at the same time. :wink: Good for you. :)

If you were cutting firewood for us up here you would need another 199 loader buckets full to get through winter.I normally cut tree lenght load them on a flatbed and cut them up when we get home less hand work.You keep up the wood cutting and you could be as big as Big Muddy someday. :wink:

water oak ,aint it?darn sure good looking country.looks almost like home except no michagin tags in the background.need some cheap labor?ive just about had my fill of tourists.

Thanks for sharin the pictures....shore looks different now compared to last year :D green grass!

looks like Live oak to me. There's lots of those around your area. We have some here, but only around home places. We have lots of red oak, post oak, and pin oak. Don't have alot of trees die'n, but we sure have plenty that are just fallin over cuz the ground's so soft. Noticed several new downed trees on my trip thru the pasture the other day. If we cut up what's fell....there'll be enuff wood to heat the whole extended family and all their houses. LOL

Latest posts