• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Today's Collection of Photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Great granny was young in that pic..haha but I have a few where she's not so young anymore.

I've gotta question..does anyone know why people didnt smile in photos back then? I've always wondered. It almost looks like they were scared, or somethin'

I've heard that the photo process took longer and it was easier to hold still not smiling. Also teeth were poorer then. (Or maybe they were all French. :twisted: The French with their gloomy faces think Americans are stupid for smiling all the time for some reason. )

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Great granny was young in that pic..haha but I have a few where she's not so young anymore.

I've gotta question..does anyone know why people didnt smile in photos back then? I've always wondered. It almost looks like they were scared, or somethin'
Years ago I asked my great aunt why nobody ever smiled in the old pictures. She just said "well maybe we just didn't have anything to smile about back then."

Latest posts