• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Today's Kodak moments

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Hope you folks aren't getting bored, but this is more of the same stuff. We gathered and loaded bulls again, but at least they are different colored today. After a couple tenths of rain last night, we couldn't hay, and it was a beautiful day to be horseback.

Goingthroughthehills.jpg

Going through the hills
Thegirlssayinggood-bye.jpg

The girls saying goodbye
Settingthestage.jpg

Setting the stage
Bringingupthebulls.jpg

Bringing up the bulls
Herestheticklishpart.jpg

Here is the ticklish part
Gorealeasy.jpg

Go real easy
Intheygo.jpg

In they go
Killingtime.jpg

Killing time
Theoldhomecorral.jpg

The old home corral
Camouflagedcat.jpg

Camouflaged cat
Whereadogoughttobe.jpg

Good dog
Wedohavetrees.jpg

We do have trees
Balingtheswamp.jpg

Baling the swamp
Tractortrampatwork.jpg

Tractortramp at work

Jinglebob...... Did you notice in the second picture with the cows, the nice tight gate with the gate lever? :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

Never ever tire of the pictures!! The subject is wonderful and the photographer not bad either. Yep,I noticed the good fences and gates in lots of the pictures. Saddletramp-what are you doing up at this time of morning? Have a good day!

Hey Soap - great pics - but I have a request.

I am still waiting for them to download because I am at the end of a very long and very thin string called a dial up telephone line and at present it is bringing your pics to me at 39 kps - for the technically challenged :) that means it takes about 10 - 15 minutes for them to arrive - could you place them in a couple of posts instead of all in one?

Love to relive the memories of the days when I lived on the great plains - just hate the wait! I can promise I will visit them - even if I have to travel to more than one post.

Now that we are down to a bit less than 100 cows and fenced in on about 300 acres we do most of our work with 4 wheelers and the truck!

Our last two horses will live out there lives in the pasture by the house. I have actually been thinking about getting another just for old times sake. We will see.

Stay well,

B.C.

It took forever for mine to download soaps pictures last night as well. I was wondering if what I have done with my photos helps. Maybe no one has noticed if they load fast or not. But if you have, let me know. I take mine to my photo elements program and shrink the kb from about 900kb to 70 to 90 kb. The actual size of the picture doesn't change. But it makes it upload a whole heck of a lot faster in to photo bucket. It under the "file" tab when you have your picture in your photo program. if you "save it for web" it minimizes the transfer time.

Always love your pics' the cowboy siloette(SP) was cool, loved the tree pic. About the download bad last night didn't even wait for them all but this morn no problam?? Anyway whatever ya do KEEP sendin pics its great to see a different outlook THX

Soap,

Loved the pictures, nice set of solid red bulls...

Liked the one with the bull peeking over the fence, I was thinking," ok, they probably do carry fence strecthers and pliers, LOL." I am a nervous kind, so i line the corner with panels. Although I did have a Bull once I rented a lot. You could drive out and open the gate and he'd hop in. I think it was because I was always taking him to better feed or cows to breed,

PPRM

Faster horses said:
Great pictures, as usual, Soapweed!!

But, but, PPRM, the only thing I saw peeking over the fence, was a COW.

Did I miss somthing somewhere? :wink:

You're picking on me again, faster horses. :wink: :) I KNOW my bulls don't have any EPDs, but you hurt their feelings if you don't at least think they look like bulls. :???: :? :)

I don't know,but Soapweed and outfit must be doing something right on the bull end-LOOK AT THOSE SPRING BORN CALVES!!!!! My father in law made a comment once that we sure had good looking and excellent growth calves for the way some of our bulls were appearace wise!! Like I said earlier got to know more than just epds or appearance got to make them work together plus I like to know what the sellers cowherd looks like.

Let's see, Soapweed, and PPRM...I screwed up!

I was talking about a different picture than PPRM. :oops: I thought PPRM meant the COW in the second picture looking over the fence...
now I see the BULL in the 6TH picture sticking his head over the fence!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry, guys! My face really is red! And I agree, PPRM, that scene makes me nervous, too!!

Soapweed certainly has the 'touch!"

Saddletramp said:
Jinglebob...... Did you notice in the second picture with the cows, the nice tight gate with the gate lever? :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8)
Yeah - I noticed that the gate lever replaced the wire loop hangin' on the fence post. It always seemed to me that when it was -30 below it was too hard to flip the wire loop over over the gate post. I like the leverage idea - long enough handle that the wife can jump out of the truck and 'manage' the gate duties!

DOC HARRIS said:
Saddletramp said:
Yeah - I noticed that the gate lever replaced replaced the wire loop hangin' on the fence post. It always seemed to me that when it was -30 below was too hard to flip the wire loop over over the gate post. I like the leverage idea - long enough handle that the wife can jump out of the truck and 'manage' the gate duties!

Dad always called them "lazy sticks" and had to put them on when we were kids. My wife is tuff and can open gates without them! :lol:

Latest posts