• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Todays Photos - another photo added

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: :mad: :mad: ok I"m done now, I worked on this off and on all evenin tryin to upload to photo bucket, to finally figure out the first picture was wayyyyyy too much resolution. I'd manage to somehow skip reducing one and it just so happened it was the first in the line up so was causin major malfunctions.

2005-09-26-Emory-in-the-sha.jpg

The big guy's not gittin out from under the shade tree today!!!

2005-09-26-Last-years-repla.jpg

3 of our replacement heifers we kept last fall

2005-09-26-Fixin-to-put-out.jpg

Fixin to put out minerals, gotta shuffle the salt blocks around some first.

2005-09-26-Mineral.jpg

Our old salt/mineral feeder that grandpa used, bout time to find a new one.

2005-09-26-Misty-Nappin.jpg

Misty, nappin in the shade.

2005-09-26-lil-yeller-flowe.jpg

Lil yeller flowers that are growin allllll over the place now :mad: they are perdy, but the cows won't touch em.

Nice pictures Lilly,as usual,that ole bull looks like he has this heat wave figgered out................good luck

Yeap he was standin there droolin, lookin at the cows, lol be he weren't movin. I've always said he works at night when it's cooler, cuz 9 times outta 10 that's where you'll find him durin the day, under some big ole shade tree.

Lil yeller flowers that are growin allllll over the place now they are perdy, but the cows won't touch em.

That looks like "bitter weed" to me.
If your milk cow eats them the milk will be bitter.
That weed will take over too. Spray it. 2-4-D will kill it.

I dont have milk cows or maybe I should say dairy cows. And since they dont eat it the shreader will take care of them soon. And yes it is bitterweed. We were blessed with a fair amount of rain in late july and august, but holy moly now we've got weeds like we've never had before. Like I've also said before with it bein as hot as it is, I think some of the weeds are keeping what grass there is shaded and not burnin it up by the heat. Before the clutch went capoot in the tractor we'd started shreading. In those places some of the grass is brown brown, but in the places where there's weeds the grass is still green. It's a toss up, weeds or grass. But right now with the heat conditions we've got I think they are helping. Soon as it cools off some and we start getting our fall rains we'll shread and get rid of them.

Calves don't like bitter milk either?
I just have a thing for some weeds, I can't stand em and they got to go. Bitter weed is one of them as is dogfinnel and smart weed. O yeah and pig weed too. I still got em but I am trying to keep em beet back.
I have about gotton rid of the night shade but still have a few of them left.
I have very few bitter weeds left either.

I dont like the weeds either, would much prefer grass, you have to understand our situation tho. We have bottom land, which floods ever time there's a good rain, sometimes up to 10 times or more a year our place is covered with water, up to 1/4 mile or so across where the creek runs. It's really hard controlling weeds in a situation like this. Good aspect is, if so n so up the creek from us fertilizes his pasture n it rains hard, we get the benefits from his $. Downside is, we also get the weed seeds.

Creeks-out.jpg

this is what it looks like when we get 3 or 4 inches of rain in a short time.
The far tree line you see is the creek. In normal conditions I can drive my lil toyota truck or the jeep across that creek and not get anything but the tires wet.Right now it's completely dry.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
I dont like the weeds either, would much prefer grass, you have to understand our situation tho. We have bottom land, which floods ever time there's a good rain, sometimes up to 10 times or more a year our place is covered with water, up to 1/4 mile or so across where the creek runs. It's really hard controlling weeds in a situation like this. Good aspect is, if so n so up the creek from us fertilizes his pasture n it rains hard, we get the benefits from his $. Downside is, we also get the weed seeds.

Creeks-out.jpg

this is what it looks like when we get 3 or 4 inches of rain in a short time.
The far tree line you see is the creek. In normal conditions I can drive my lil toyota truck or the jeep across that creek and not get anything but the tires wet.Right now it's completely dry.

Voila! Instant lake! Looks like you could use a flat-bottomed Boston whaler there.

Looks like good land. I know you got to love that bottom land on those dry years. Nice looking deep cow too.

what a nice looking bull ya got there, lilly!!!! By the way, were you able to catch any fish outta that temporary "lake" ya had?? :wink:

hehe there are fish in the creek, and alotta folks will go fishin when the waters up like that....but NOT me!!! I don't do boats.....no sirree....want my feet on dry land. Oops...I mean moist....dry is a bad werd..hehe

hehe there are fish in the creek, and alotta folks will go fishin when the waters up like that....but NOT me!!! I don't do boats.....no sirree....want my feet on dry land. Oops...I mean moist....dry is a bad werd..hehe

Thanks ranchwife, he's a bit on the thin side right now, with the heat and workin him.

Hmmmm.....that'd mean I'd hafta a Limousin cow, or a Tarentaise, or a Charolais (oops wait, I gotta couple of those) maybe he is learnin french after all...hehehe

Oh the visual...my big black brangus bull answerin "Oui " (wee)

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:

Lilly,dont pay no tenshun to those canuckle heads about bulls workin the nite shift,long as you git 100% calf crop who cares :D and you are sure right about water,I have told more than one of these ole coots round here,I dont git deep in the water nor high in the sky,aint nuthin git you ta praying like a two seated cessna LOL...................good luck

Latest posts