• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Today's Pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ranchy

Reaction score
Hubby and I went down to run some water and chop ice at the lower end. The bovines never did come in, but got some good pics of the horses, and the snow.....

Just thought I'd share them with ya'll! :D

Rocky

Image-811.jpg

Are You Talking To ME?

Image-812.jpg

Ole Dan, piggin out on lick

Image-813.jpg

Pickup and horses on the snow-covered hill

Image-815.jpg

Hubby tending the water hose

Image-816.jpg

View to the south (look ma! No mountains!)

Image-817.jpg

Alex finally gave up on the lick tub, and had some salt instead.....Little Dan at lick tub, Rocky grazing on the right

Image-819.jpg

View to the north

Image-825.jpg

Heard on the radio, that they're predicting 12+ inches of snow for us during the next 2 days......... :roll: At the rate it's falling, we could get that much today....... :shock:

really pretty pictures :)definately a nippy morning out your way :)

Good photo's and nice country. I would love to have a few of those pine trees in some of our pastures. If you need the moisture, I hope you get some good snow, then it warms up again right away. Sounds like you might get the snow whether you need it or not.

We ended up getting about 5" on the ground, probably snowed a lot more than that, but it would snow a while, then melt off, then snow again......over and over and over again. It didn't get real cold till last night, was down to -14* here this morning.......that's a bit on the chilly side, fer shore! :lol: Al said that when he chopped the ice in the trough at the corral, the water that splashed up was frozen before it ever got on him, so he was able to just brush the "cubes" off his clothes..... :lol: They're headed down below, to check on things there, now.

Last year (the first in about 10 that we've had good rains in the summer) we had about 24"-27" (depending on where you measured, either here at the house, or down below, or down at the ranch) of rain during the monsoons, and not much otherwise......sure made good grass, and it still shows!
I think they have our normal annual precipatation at about 12-13".....somewhere around there.

Lots of good hunting here, HayMaker! We have elk galore (have had some really big trophy bulls taken out of our unit), not so many deer as there used to be, though. Heard that someone found a big cat track out on the mountain after the first snow, so we have some of those around, too......and quite a few black bear. Antelope on the flats out north of here are pretty abundant, I've heard, but haven't been out that way in a couple of years, so can't say from personal experience.

Tap, I'd love to send you some of our pines......we have way too many, since the freddies stopped nearly all the logging, the forest is just gettin way overgrown.....some places, you have to hunt hard, to find a way to get through the trees. :shock:

Soapweed, it is good cow country........now if we can just convince the powers that be.........again......... :roll: They're cutting permits left and right, so between that and the big predators they're turning loose on us.......a lot of folks are calling it quits and throwing in the towel, or getting run off. Makes me pretty :mad: .

Latest posts