• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Today's Rundown

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Finished patchin the fence today restretched, replaced the part we had to cut out. Moved some hay bales and got them all lined up strait.

2005-10-02-Takin-old-post-d.jpg

cleanin up an old fence, pullin up posts with the tractor.

2005-10-02-Tools-of-the-tra.jpg

Tools of the trade

2005-10-02-Lizard.jpg

This lil guy skeedaddled when that fence post got pulled over.

2005-10-02-Afternoon-Siesta.jpg

Afternoon Siesta time

2005-10-02-Family-Swim-Time.jpg

Family Swim Time.

Came home to fix supper, and I just happened to look outside, :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :D :eek: Woo Hoo!!!!
2005-10-02-Rain.jpg

2005-10-02-Rain2.jpg

2005-10-02-Movin-hay.jpg

Went back out there to move hay after supper

2005-10-02-Clouds.jpg

Evenin Clouds after the rain shower of about 1/4 inch

Nice pictures Lilly,I think you done good on your calves,and those yella flowers that you got growing wild are "cow pen daisies"..............good luck

Uh Oh I just noticed something Lilly,you left the fencing tools in the back of that lil ole toyota :D :D ................good luck

Yeap I did Haymaker, cuz I had to go out today and put up a few wires....daggum neighbor bull is back.!!!!! I figgered he'd done been either buzzard bait, or hauled to mc donalds long ago. the one with the...ummm...well broke wanger.(Tryin to be nice, that's not what I call him) anyway, didnt see any point n puttin it all back up in the fencin shed when I'd just need it again today. Was gonna tell you gitta chain and hook onto some of my rain clouds, I'll share with ya.

Faster horses, that fence was "my ideal" n oh man at the "I'll never do this again's" he said while buildin it. I done all the brick layin and we drilled holes in that lil 1 1/4 inch pipe to put the rods down thru. Tryin to drill that many holes and keep em strait was a nightmare. Then we cut all the lil rods to length....and I hafta say I agree..we'll NEVER do anything like that again.

Oh!!! I fergot to tell ya'll, yesterday evenin when Mr. Lilly was movin the hay, I seen a big ole chicken snake under the tractor, Mr Lilly just sat there for a second, gave the snake time to do some slick maneuvers and wrap himself around the back right wheel/axel of the tractor, I'm standin on the side lines, jumpin n hoppin up n down, wavin my arms tryin to get his attention. Finally he looked at me, n I hadda do charades(sp) in the pasture.....makin snake movements with my arms.....finally he says "Where?".....I hollered ...under the tractorrrrrr....."where?"......ok.....charades again......squat down...pointin at the ground.......(ya'll dont go there lmao) cuz at first he thought I's tellin him mother nature was callin. He finally got the meanin of all my arm swingin etc. and got off the tractor. Come got the machette out of my truck and killed the snake. but it was just down right hilarious. Best part was his dismount off the tractor and the look on his face when he finally realized what it was I was tryin to tell him.

Chicken-snake.jpg

Mr. Lilly and his chicken snake. Usually you'll find em around chicken pens, they'll get in the nests and eat the eggs. Non poisonous, just make ya hurt yerself.

And yeap it's still that hot in Texas. He had been at it all day, sweatin and werkin.

okay, call me a puss......i was going along, really enjoying the pictures (especially of the gully washer that rolled through) when i saw THE SNAKE!!! EWWWWWWW!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm with you ladies on that one! Yuck! Just gives me the heebie-jeebies even looking at a picture of one. Won't tell you what would happen if I actually see one. Let's just say, it isn't pretty!

hahaha I dont have any idea what a chicken snake tastes like and have no intentions of findin out. But I have reached in to gather eggs and got a handful of chicken snake several times....talk about make ya throw the eggs down and run.

I don't even like those teeny weeny garter snakes we have which don't even bite and are the "good" guys in the garden. Used to cheer when the dog would catch one and swing in around like a whip.

Around here any snake that dont have rattlers is a chicken snake. I keep some purple martin bird houses by my pens to keep the flies down,and some varmints had been raiding em,I trapped probably half a dozen coons and possums.Well one morning Im out there feeding calves and noticed the nests all torn up again,and the birds circling refusing to land,so I get a rickety ole ladder and lean it against the bird house pole,gonna see what all this ruckus is about.

Keep in mind this pole is a good 18 foot add two more for the bird house,well I inch my way up the ladder,I dont see what the big fuss is all about,IM opening doors on the nests and trying to stick the straw back in with one hand ,hang on with the other,going pretty good till I got to the one with the big ole chicken snake in it.

As soon as I open the door I stick my hand in their feeling around,hhhmmmm something cold and clamy??? what the hell!!!!!!!! bout that time Mr chicken snake woke up poked his head outa the nest and was every bit of two inches from my nose looking me square in the eyes mad because he got woke up.

First time I ever jumped bout 18 foot in my life,I run for the shed ,git my shot gun,make a long story short,I need ta git me another bird box,and a pair of wranglers....................good luck

Latest posts