• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Today's Surprise

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Not a good one!!!
Went out to check cows, the highway dept is workin on our road, just started, I drive by the hayfield that's along the road, they've piled a big pile of rocks off out in the middle of it and are drivin big trucks and road workin equipment all in the hay field!!!!!! tomorrow I will be taking pictures because they had better be fer doin some reimbursements......had planned on cuttin hay this weekend!!!!

I'd be pretty ticked off, if I were you! Make-em-pay, is all I can say! We have a seismic crew here right now, and they've been great. Stickin' to the roads, using gates, putting up their sticks (which the cattle immediately knock over)...

Might be a handy time to mention your driveway needs grading and your yard needs gravel (good stuff, too) Hmmmmmm... what else can you think of?

If it is the state owned equipment call the highway director and send a letter and pictures. If it is a state hired contractor, send the letter and pictures to the highway director and the contractor. You should be able to get paid for the cleanup and the hay.
It may not hurt to call the local news too.

What really gets me is how stupid these people were for doin this, I'll take pictures and post em later today of how steep it is goin into the hayfield, and that right on the other side of our drive goin into the place was a perfectly good flat spot they could have put the rocks. It's a wonder they didnt turn the 18 wheeler over when he pulled off the road into the field.

Latest posts