• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tonka toy for a big boy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jinglebob

Reaction score
Here's what I been playing with the last couple of days. :D

100_1482.jpg

100_1483.jpg

Here's the messy ditch. Doesn't matter what it looks like, just how much cable you can get yanked out in a day. The shallower the ditch I dig, the better for they guys backfilling after the get the cable.

Hey, that's my excuse, and I'm stickin' to it. :wink:

100_1484.jpg

You truly like to have a "spade" at the head of anything you're riding, don't you, Jinglebob? Are you going to make a custom hand-tooled leather saddle to sit on while putting this mighty steeldusty steed through its paces? :???: :wink: :)

Soapweed said:
You truly like to have a "spade" at the head of anything you're riding, don't you, Jinglebob? Are you going to make a custom hand-tooled leather saddle to sit on while putting this mighty steeldusty steed through its paces? :???: :wink: :)

Hadn't thought of it. But hey, what a great idea. Sure would be more comfortable.

Maybe if I find out I am going to be "riding" it, more than I think I am. :wink:

hey JB, I am going to have to go and find a picture of what we did to one of those "little machines" a few years ago. You won't feel bad about that cable after you see this. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hey JB before you get done playing with your digger maybe you should dig a big hole and put that dodge pickup in it. :lol: You can find something better than that to drive. :wink:

have a cold one

lazy ace said:
Hey JB before you get done playing with your digger maybe you should dig a big hole and put that dodge pickup in it. :lol: You can find something better than that to drive. :wink:

have a cold one

Oh, your just mean! :mad:

See Lazy, (you don't mind if i call you lazy, do you?) it's a Dodge. If I buried it, it would just dig it's self out and go back to work.

Evidently you've never had a good pickup, huh? :???:

:wink:

Just for you JB, this is not what you want to do with one of these little excavators, especially a brand new one that you rented.

ooops.jpg

We were attempting to clean out a drainage ditch. The ground was muskeg type stuff. We were foolish enough to listen to a guy that told us to built wooden platforms to put the machine on, put one in front of you, drive onto it and pull the one behind you up in front. Worked until the platform started sinking and the machine started sliding off of it. Luckily, it didn't totally sink before we got it out. Had to get a line logger with his winch trucks and 1/2 mile of cable to pull it out onto solid ground. Next we had a dynamite guy come in and blow the ditch out with two cases of dynamite. The first time it never went off. Then he put two more cases along the ditch, put several sticks at one end in a pile and shot the pile with his gun to set the whole thing off. That was way cool, you could see fence posts and stuff about a half mile in the air, then it all came down and landed in the ditch. I have that on a video but I cant get it on here, its on a VHS tape. Never did get the ditch cleaned, now it a wildlife sanctuary complete with wetlands.

Jinglebob said:
lazy ace said:

have a cold one

Oh, your just mean! :mad:

See Lazy, (you don't mind if i call you lazy, do you?) it's a Dodge. If I buried it, it would just dig it's self out and go back to work.

Evidently you've never had a good pickup, huh? :???:

:wink:

Why no I don't mind if you call me lazy. :) I would much rather drive my comfortable Ford than work that hard to stay inside the cab of that rough riding Dodge. :wink:

Jinglebob, it looks like you've succeeded in finding yet one more way to get into deep trouble. Have you tried sitting backwards to drive it yet? :p

nr said:
Jinglebob, it looks like you've succeeded in finding yet one more way to get into deep trouble. Have you tried sitting backwards to drive it yet? :p

Well duh, you have to set in it backwards to drive it, while digging a ditch. Wait, that ain't quite true. If your handy you can dig in front of you and drive forward, but it's more work.

Yeah, I can do it. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sw, I do believe you got in a little mud there. :lol:

Gott'a be careful who you listen to on them kind of deals. Some people will lead you astray. :wink:

I set in this one about 10 hours today and got a little better than a mile of cable dug up. Lets see, big cable, worth abput $28,000 a mile,(no, that is not a typo) yup, I think it paid. At least for the guy who I'm doing the digging for. :lol:

so are you digging back in the area, or are you out in gillette from time to time? Least you get to sit in the machine rather than cut and load the stuff. That Sh$$33t is heavy!

when you get done making that big money, I know where there is some "charity" work thet needs done! :wink:

Why no I don't mind if you call me lazy. I would much rather drive my comfortable Ford than work that hard to stay inside the cab of that rough riding Dodge.

Hey Lazy, do yall know why JB has to carry the aux. fuel tank in the BACK of the bed on a Dodge?

If he put it up near the cab, the Dodge would fold in half and belly drag :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Faster horses said:
Hey, Jinglebob, Mr. FH would agree with you.

He's putting chrome stacks on his right now.
When he gets all done, I'll post pictures.

He really likes his Cummins, Dodge and all. :wink:

I probably would still be driving a Ford, if they still had the 6.9. I loved mine.

But i love my Cummins even better.

Seriously, every diofferenyt one has good points and bad. The Dodge with the cummins had the best deakl for me.

One of the great things about mine is, it's just so damn much of a rough rider (I named mine Teddy Roosevelt) that I don't think I'd be tuff enough to drive it in the pasture very much, so it won't ever get beat up, rattlin' across the praire. :D

I've drove Fords, Chevy's and even stooped to driving a Jimmy, but I still like this one the best. :)

A buddy of mine is a seriously die-hard Ford man. I tease him all the time about his. It's a 2002, so it still has that Powerstroke diesel engine, but he's changed the exhaust and intake, chipped it, and put in an aftermarket turbo, so you can hear the bloody thing whistling 5 mintues before he pulls into sight. He said today that Ford's 2007 models have a new diesel engine that will make the one they've been running the last 3 years look like a 4-banger. Don't know exactly what it is, but it sounds rank. I'm sure the rig-pigs and pipeliners around here will be lined up at the dealerships to pick their new ones up when they arrive.

Of course they'll go from there straight to a Rod Shop for lift kits, 5th wheel hitch, bush bars, roll bars, fender flares, mufflers that scare, tool box, Rancho shocks, superchips, exhaust tips, mud flaps, box caps, bug deflectors, hotter injectors, box rails, fin-tails, aluminum mags, air-ride bags, bigger tires, more wires, slip tanks, heavier cranks, and a partridge in a pear tree!

*Don't ask me where that came from. I can't explain the voices I hear to my own self, let alone...yourself. Never mind. :p

Latest posts