• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Too much 4th of July for Mom

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Liberty Belle

Reaction score
I haven't been on ranchers.net this past week because I've been spending most of my time at the hospital with my 80 year old mother. She fell the night of the 4th, breaking her shoulder, some ribs and her pelvis in two places. The pain is horrific and her doctors are worried about both bleeding and blood clots, so things are kind of touch and go for her. I'd appreciate it if you would add her to your prayer list.
Thanks.

I truly feel for both you and your mother Liberty Belle- Tell her we're thinking about her and praying for a speedy recovery......

That must have been some fall to break that much,I sure will pray your mother has a speedy recovery Liberty...............good luck

Aw, LibertyBelle, that was no way for your mom to celebrate. Only the firecrackers are supposed to crack. It must be impossible for her to find a reasonably pain-free way to sleep. I'll be praying for some quick mending and good pain relief for her. And maybe for you also since you must be doing double-duty running around.

my prayers are with your mom for a speedy and pain-free (as much as can possibly exist) recovery and for you for being her angel by her side!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

I hope your mom gets to feeling better LB. It must be tough on all of you.

She has always seemed like a spunky lady to me.

Thanks for all the prayers and well-wishes for Mom. We had to transfer her to a nursing home today until she heals enough to walk on her own. The latest x-ray shows another break in her pelvis that hadn't shown up earlier - that makes three.

I'm totally bummed out for a couple other reasons too. Two of my lifelong friends were admitted to the same hospital as Mom. The first one was transferred to Rapid City Regional for emergency gall bladder surgery and the doctors found he has a cancerous tumor on his kidney that will require another surgery Monday... and all he can think about is the hay he should be helping his son put up!

My other friend is even worse shape. He also has kidney cancer that has also invaded his liver, lungs, and most of his vital organs. The doctor told him this morning that there is nothing else they can do for him and my heart is breaking for him and his young family.

When it rains, it pours. Seems like all the news I've heard this week has been bad. Sorry to unload on you, but it sures helps to tell somebody.

Thanks

Just catching up on email and saw your note. So sorry to hear about all of them with lots of trials ahead. Will remember them and you in prayer, LibertyBelle. I hope your mother's pain level is under control.

All of us seem to cruise along doing our thing - until a crisis arises and then it's time for The Holy Spirit which is in us all to come to the fore and direct our actions so that we seem to be able to do that which is almost impossible! Bad stuff happens to us all, and how we manage it strengthens us for life in the future.

Our prayers are for you, your dear Mom and also your friends and their families. Everything seems to come in bunches at the same time. My wife, Ruthie, is almost 80, and she fell two months ago in our yard and broke the distal end completely off of the Radius bone in her left arm (that's the large bone on the same side of the arm as the thumb). Both of us are in excellent health, generally, and the surgeon who placed a "T" shaped plate in her arm with screws ( you know - the whole 9 yards :shock:) released her a week ago and said he had never had a patient of advanced age ( :shock: :shock: :???: 8) :cry: ) as she is who made such a remarkable healing recovery. I explained to him about the Philosophy and Principles of Chiropractic and Nutritional Health Sciences and he agreed completely. And, I will add, our Faith in God did more than anything else. It will help you and your Mom, also. We ARE praying for you, Liberty Belle! DOC HARRIS

TXTibbs said:
Doc Harris how old are you if you don't mind me asking? Your vast knowledge amazes me and your posts are always well worth the read. No one bucks up to what you have to say :wink: :wink:
TXTibbs - What a humbling compliment! :oops: I don't know if anyone is really interested in personal information - but I will be 80 yrs old next year ( :shock: :shock: E-Gad - I can hardly believe what I just wrote!?), have been married to the same terrific all-suffering lady for 61 years, have three sons ages 60, 58 and 55, had 7 Grandchildren (one died at age 11 with Brain Cancer :cry: :cry2: ) and three Great- Grandchildren. I have been blessed to have been involved in MANY diversified activities in my life, both business and recreational, have dealt with literally thousands of people in various activities and have learned a LOT about human characteristics. I thank God that I was raised on a farm and had the opportunity to get an Ag degree, teach Ag for a few years and work with beef cattle and beef cattle PEOPLE. Then I changed carrers and went back to 4 more years of College, and practiced Chiropractic of 35 years - an incredible learning experience. It is a shame that our young people in this country, for the most part, live in urban areas and don't know squat about life in the real world!

I watch a great deal of RFD-TV on television, and the FFA activities and Conventions tell me that if America has even half a chance of survival in the years ahead - the training of the FFA and those young people will have a lot to do with it! Their vigor and enthusiasm bring tears to my eyes. (Maybe I'm just gettin' old! :shock: )

Thanks for your interest. I hope I haven't bored everyone. :roll:

DOC HARRIS said:
I watch a great deal of RFD-TV on television, and the FFA activities and Conventions tell me that if America has even half a chance of survival in the years ahead - the training of the FFA (and 4H) and those young people will have a lot to do with it! Their vigor and enthusiasm bring tears to my eyes. (Maybe I'm just gettin' old! :shock: )

Hey - "Doc Harris" - People like you, and my dad, Inspire me.
The Loacl Santa Clara County Cattlewomens Assoc. help sponsor my Trip to to the National FFA Conv. and our exended trip to to aOur Nationas Capital - Washington D.C. and I came home with a Fire in side. That timed, just before 9/11, is inspiring me to Found a Non-Profit aimed at getting people out to Vote

V_Key said:
DOC HARRIS said:
I watch a great deal of RFD-TV on television, and the FFA activities and Conventions tell me that if America has even half a chance of survival in the years ahead - the training of the FFA (and 4H) and those young people will have a lot to do with it! Their vigor and enthusiasm bring tears to my eyes. (Maybe I'm just gettin' old! :shock: )

Hey - "Doc Harris" - People like you, and my dad, Inspire me.
The Loacl Santa Clara County Cattlewomens Assoc. help sponsor my Trip to to the National FFA Conv. and our exended trip to to aOur Nationas Capital - Washington D.C. and I came home with a Fire in side. That timed, just before 9/11, is inspiring me to Found a Non-Profit aimed at getting people out to Vote
V_Key - As I related to you on the PM which I just sent, young people such as you inspire me to believe that our country is, indeed, in safer hands than some might think. It takes "a Fire inside" to be a real Patriot and dedicated American citizen, and I thank God that there are people such as you coming into the realm of decision-making voters, particularly those in the life-sustaining BUSINESS - Agriculture. Your Parents have every right to be proud of you - as well as themselves! I certainly am! DOC HARRIS

Latest posts