• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

TOOO HOT!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TimH

Reaction score
Is anybody else getting this heat today? It's 91 Fahrenheit here and high humidity. Sticky!!! :)
I'm done for the day. Gonna go in the basement, where it is cool ,and have a nap! :lol:

TimH said:
Is anybody else getting this heat today? It's 91 Fahrenheit here and high humidity. Sticky!!! :)
I'm done for the day. Gonna go in the basement, where it is cool ,and have a nap! :lol:

ouch!!! wayyyy tooo hot for me!! you can keep it there, tim!! warm temp here was a mere 69 degrees fahrenheit!! could stand to be about 80 degrees, but the 90's are too much :roll:

NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside-down, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300 C

Hey, be glad you can still write a letter if you want! :shock:

Alabama forcast for the next 3 months is "Hot and Humid with no rain in sight." I am starting to get dry but at least I am able to finish the first cutting.

Just finished sorting the last of the pairs going to grass.We took it slow for ours and the cattles sake.In now drinking glass after glass of water. Not use to such high humidity along with these temperatures.

Had to water the lawn and the new trees for the first time this year and the hubby is out starting the BIG pivot for the hay fields...the rain has done us alot of good and the high for the end of the week is around the upper 80's maybe up to 90!!! :eek: :eek:

West central SD has had very high humidity, with slightly above normal temp and sounds like it will continue a while. Saturday was 90/90 (temperature AND humidity both hitting the 90 mark). Not fun! Today was about the same. Moved some cows several miles. Started about 4:30AM and the didn't move well at all. They were in the n.e. corner of the pasture and did not want to move to the s.w. which was direction they had to go. Expected guys here for dinner at noon and it was just after 2:pM when they got in. Started cutting alfalfa after dinner, and going over old alfafla ground prior to planting milo filled out the day. I thought they should quit and take the rest of the day off after putting in such a long "morning", but it was about 8PM before the first guy showed up finished for the day. All too typical of days on this ranch!

MRJ

Hi MRJ, haven't seen a post from you in a long time. You must be hanging out on the Bull Session Forum? Stopped in there recently and seemed like I'd stepped back into old times reading SH's comments again! :)

I was wondering when you talked about harvesting alfalfa, do they still use teams of hired men that go from ranch to ranch and state to state out there at harvest time? Or is there enough local manpower or family power to do the job? I hestitate to use the word "local" in SD!
Sure means something different than where we are!!! When Clarence (?) said he had to travel 100 miles to a coffee shop, well, that's not exactly what most call local!

MRJ said:
West central SD has had very high humidity, with slightly above normal temp and sounds like it will continue a while. Saturday was 90/90 (temperature AND humidity both hitting the 90 mark). Not fun! Today was about the same. Moved some cows several miles. Started about 4:30AM and the didn't move well at all. They were in the n.e. corner of the pasture and did not want to move to the s.w. which was direction they had to go. Expected guys here for dinner at noon and it was just after 2:pM when they got in. Started cutting alfalfa after dinner, and going over old alfafla ground prior to planting milo filled out the day. I thought they should quit and take the rest of the day off after putting in such a long "morning", but it was about 8PM before the first guy showed up finished for the day. All too typical of days on this ranch!

MRJ

Hi MRJ:

We were through your area (passed your place on 63) both Thursday and Sunday--looked like you all were moving cattle Thursday, and Sunday was a barnburner-we stopped for gas in Midland and about passed out from the heat and humidity!

Tis the season for busyness (is that a word, if so is it spelled correct?) I guess! We're AIing, trying to hay (been broke down--and the season just began!), planting millet and sorghum (both for hay) and spraying---

Your country sure looks good, nice and green. There were some folks hauling water in your area-was that for spraying or are you all still short on water in dams?

We also traveled through SH's area, Clarences area (I think, anyway we were through Martin) and past Soapweed ranch---all areas looked great--and even saw a Trumpeter Swan in Hyannis NE coming home Sunday--what a treat!

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well--

Cheers,
:D
TTB

Well, the temp is up over 90 degrees here again today. :(
Humidity is high. Mosquitoes and black flies are outrageous.
The good part is that the winter fat, I put on this year, has melted off. :lol:

TimH said:
Well, the temp is up over 90 degrees here again today. :(
Humidity is high. Mosquitoes and black flies are outrageous.
The good part is that the winter fat, I put on this year, has melted off. :lol:

Is it the "Fat" melting or is it the "pudding" that makes your underwear so putrid? Next time when you change into clean underwear..............try taking a shower!
That kinda helps keep the odor down too. :???: :shock: :roll: :wink:

And throw the underwear with the "SKID MARKS" in the bottom away!
WHEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!

Mike- "Is it the "Fat" melting or is it the "pudding" that makes your underwear so putrid? Next time when you change into clean underwear..............try taking a shower!
That kinda helps keep the odor down too.

WHEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!"

How can you be like that,Mike!!! :???: I'm dieing of heat stroke here and you are traumatizing me!! :? :wink: :wink:

I thought you would be a little more sympathetic towards a fellow Charolais man. :???: :???: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

PS- Did you notice that I changed my signature just for you?? :wink:

TimH said:
Mike- "Is it the "Fat" melting or is it the "pudding" that makes your underwear so putrid? Next time when you change into clean underwear..............try taking a shower!
That kinda helps keep the odor down too.

WHEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!"

How can you be like that,Mike!!! :???: I'm dieing of heat stroke here and you are traumatizing me!! :? :wink: :wink:

I thought you would be a little more sympathetic towards a fellow Charolais man. :???: :???: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

PS- Did you notice that I changed my signature just for you?? :wink:
Yes, I noticed the signature. It sends the message that I am sleazy. :roll:

Been pretty hot here too (mid 90's) but the humidity is low, low, low. Around 75%.
Funny,Got down to 60 the other night at our party and the girls who where drinking beer and not dancing were sitting around shivering!
Sympathetic? I have no sympathy (except for your wife) for anyone who doesn't wash his butt regularly. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike- "Yes, I noticed the signature. It sends the message that I am sleazy. "

Ok, I'll change the signature as a show of good faith. :roll:

Mike- "Sympathetic? I have no sympathy (except for your wife) for anyone who doesn't wash his butt regularly. "

I could say something really BAD here..... but I am not as SLEAZY as someone who shall remain nameless(Mike).!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Okay, I need to tell a disgusting story here.

I have a friend, that wasn't feeling that well one day. He got caught too far from the house later in the day, and had to "go". Well he didn't quite make it and had to toss the undies, behind the barn.

Thought he had it made and the wife would never find out. First mistake, the dog brought the evidence to the front step, later that night.

In her words, "oh, my Gosh, did you hit a deer"

Latest posts