• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tractor Repair

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
When I was diskin pastures a couple weeks ago, was almost finished when the front pin came out that holds the front axel in place. I noticed it was drivin awful ruff, but I was in hog roots and just thought it was ruff ground. Nope...front axel was goin ever which way, when I stopped Mr Lilly noticed the pin had came out. We looked but couldn't find it. Little wonder, since I was draggin the disk and had a cross tie on behind the disk smoothin it out.
Anyway, instead of havin to order a pin, and spend $. Alot of our repairs/parts around here are made down at the shop. Saves money and time gettin some repairs done.

2006-03-18-015-measurin-wit.jpg

Measurin with the calipers

2006-04-03-027-Buildin-pin.jpg

Mr Lilly buildin the pin on the lathe.

2006-04-03-038-puttin-pin-i.jpg

Installin the new pin........good to go!

do you rent him out? I have a 1066 with a bad front end......

LOL can't afford to "rent him out". This was me that just so happened to be on the tractor when the pin came out, but normally it's his dad that keeps him busy buildin parts for repairs LOL

This tractor is a 966

What is that tank on the front of your tractor? it looks like it might take a good bit of pressure.

It's an air tank, tractor has a air compressor that you hook up and it'll fill the air tank. Handy if you have a flat on the tractor. The place where the cows are is 12 miles from the house/shop. Sometimes that thing comes in real handy.

being able to do your own repairs, is what keeps many farmers and ranchers in business. But we have to complement Mr. Lilly, as few of us are capable to operate a lathe.

Latest posts