• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Traders are concerned...............

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CattleCo

Reaction score
From AgWeb Report:

"Traders are concerned about crop damage to Southern crops, and will be watching the path the storm takes, as it has the possibility of providing timely rains to eastern Corn Belt crops."

Timely rains my butt! The soybean deal might benefit 1/2 to 1 bushel@ acre...MAYBE???? Corn deal is DONE..stick a fork in it!
"Grain Traders" the Bin Laden's of the Ag Economy are concerned......I bet they are!!!! :roll:

How much cheaper can corn get? With bad crops and these prices farming seems like a big nothing to me. I'd think packers would really be after feeders this fall. I don't ever think we've been able to feed with such high priced cattle and such low feed costs. Wish I had more capacity.

cederall,
I heard the 600# calves coming this fall that brought 1.20 will have to fetch 95 fat to break even.....you cannot use the board to cover that deal? As for the Corn deal......i am amazed how the arrogance of the cattle industry boast of Cheap corn. I am and have been on both ends of the deal. I can tell you this it really pisses me off when some BS broker thinks they have all the answers on this cattle feeding deal. I will tell you this....the new farm bill will set a few things straight on this cattle feeding deal. All you cattle feeders enjoy the ride, cause when this deal goes south you will need a body bag(s)! Maybe we can convince the US consumer to enjoy grass fed beef??? :roll: The next time corn gets high 3.00+ you may not see it below that for some time. The reason is ethanol plants! AND please do not give me the BS that ethanol production uses more energy than it makes!
Now if they take the bulk of the corn.....you can only feed so much stillage! Do you think we will have 1.00 gas again???? This cattle feeding deal is heading for a huge wreck......................and I for one will be on the sideline watching the carnage!

I am above freezing ! Let's do a new TV Show "Reality Cattle Feeding"
:lol:

CattleCo said:
I am above freezing ! Let's do a new TV Show "Reality Cattle Feeding"
:lol:

That's a good one. The networks might pass on it, but maybe RFID-TV will buy it.

That's a hellova idea for RFD-TV.....someone needs to contact LZ to see what she thinks. C.J. you should be the one......I think she digs you!!

Dear Cattle Co.-I look at it the other way around. Ethanol produces gluten as a by product. With only two plants open in our state they are producing so much gluten the can't give it all away and are spreading it on the fields. It's basically free for the hauling if you can handle it wet. So if you raise your own corn and feed it you look more at the cost of production than the price. So with 1.50 corn and free protein and free 20% of corn in ration and 80 cent fats I don't need a cattlemens calculator to figure that. Maybe cattle feeding will move back to the midwest again where we own corn at production cost. Production cost could be the big kicker though.

" Maybe cattle feeding will move back to the midwest again where we own corn at production cost. Production cost could be the big kicker though"

Cattle Feeding returning to the midwest is a long shot......
Reasons it probably won't happen:
1 Land cost
2 EPA
3Young Farmers do not like manure (Many have never seen any!)
4 Bankers back here do not understand Cattle Feeding.....
5 Unfavorable Weather

Yes it could happen but, it is a long shot.

The people who want to farm and ranch will keep doing it.If A guy was to quit just because of tough times should have never started in the first place.Farming is a tough business and thats what it is a business with alot of risk.Just remember its still better than working at Walmart...

Denny,
Yes folks that want to farm and ranch will try to keep going. The real issue is what rules will they have to operate under????? The farming and ranching communities are losing more control everyday. Control is the real issue. Just because you want it......does not mean you can do it or keep it!

Latest posts