• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Trailer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Reaction score
I build a few trailers to help fund my ranching habit we used to build about 80 to a 100 a year this year I was lazy this is the 8th for the year.I told faster horses I would post a picture I started this on thursday at 4:00 p.m. I have about 14 hours total in it.The big red stock trailer is one I have built also there's about a 100 man hour's in that one but we went overboard on that one.It's my personel trailer it's 8x28 with 3 8000# axel's 17.5 16 ply tire's rumber floor the bottom 12" is 1/8" deck plate with 14 gauge sidesheet's welded solid it has 3 center gates crossmember's and upright's are all 12" on center.It will hold 17 1300# cows.
101_0308.jpg

101_0309.jpg

just thought I would share what I do to make it Ranching.

They look very Nice. Great work.
Being nosey LOL sorry How much do you get for a stock trailer? Do you take orders? LOL I mean do you take orders as in type of trailer, size ect....?

Look great - - - - I want to build a trailer I can pull behind my tri axel to move a 55,000# excavator. I don't know where to get axels - - - I want three 20,000# axels with air brakes and 15 to 18 inch wheels.

I have a 10 ton Interstate and a 20 ton eager beaver and they are both good trailers but to small for the excavator. The 10 ton has electric brakes and the 20 ton has air. I put a reciever on the 20 ton and have hauled the backhoe on it and hooked the 10 ton behind it and haul the dozer at the same time - - - great time savers. This is one of the reasons everyone around here thinks I about a half bubble off plunb. But it is fully legal if you have a doubles and triples endorsement on your CDL.

George said:
Look great - - - - I want to build a trailer I can pull behind my tri axel to move a 55,000# excavator. I don't know where to get axels - - - I want three 20,000# axels with air brakes and 15 to 18 inch wheels.

I have a 10 ton Interstate and a 20 ton eager beaver and they are both good trailers but to small for the excavator. The 10 ton has electric brakes and the 20 ton has air. I put a reciever on the 20 ton and have hauled the backhoe on it and hooked the 10 ton behind it and haul the dozer at the same time - - - great time savers. This is one of the reasons everyone around here thinks I about a half bubble off plunb. But it is fully legal if you have a doubles and triples endorsement on your CDL.

Redneck Trailer supplies in Normal Illinois is closest to you I think (309)-862-1000 or www.redneck-trailer.com they will be able to help you if you need better prices than they show I could help you out with that.

MsSage said:
They look very Nice. Great work.
Being nosey LOL sorry How much do you get for a stock trailer? Do you take orders? LOL I mean do you take orders as in type of trailer, size ect....?

20' Gooseneck stock trailer's run $6800 I build trailers on order onlyall custom sizes.

Denny.....
Looking good :eek: :) :)
Did you ever consider pulling one to the Rapid City Winter Show?I could be in the market for a 7x20 with extra head room and heavy axles.

Denny,

Those are darn nice trailers. I would like to talk to you more about them. Could you give me a call about them.

Juan said:
Denny.....
Looking good :eek: :) :)
Did you ever consider pulling one to the Rapid City Winter Show?I could be in the market for a 7x20 with extra head room and heavy axles.

The problem with most farm shows is the amount of insurance you need to carry N.D.Winter Show's wanted a$3 million liability coverage for an 11 day show the insurance was a yearly premium of $23,000 I can run lot's of add's for less money.The Black Hill's Stockshow falls about the same time our bred heifer's are due.I useally deliver alot of trailers most of our trailers went to western N.D. and Montana it's 505 miles from here to Glendive Mt it would take 10 hours to get there pulling 2, 20 goosenecks hooked together about 7 1/2 hrs to get home.

They trailer I am working on now is a 8x28 stock trailer it only has a roof on the nose and 12' back the rest is open for a covered wagon and a team of horses.I will post some pictures of it when I am done maybe a few of it 1/2 done.

Denny,

Very nice, 80-100 is nothing to Sneeze at. Pride shows thru,

Here's to your continued success,

PPRM

Very nice Denny. I especially like the heavy-duty jack (for that size trailer). I have built a few over the years, but my attempt similar to your flatbed took me probably 60 hours, or better. Alot of time to make sure the axles were square, but it pulls perfect so it was worth it. I still hope to build a stock trailer someday, I'll borrow your idea about the deckplate on the bottom if I get to it. Did you consider two jacks on the stock trailer? I put twins on the flatbed gooseneck I made, maybe overkill, but it made it more stable with a load IMO.

Haytrucker said:
Very nice Denny. I especially like the heavy-duty jack (for that size trailer). I have built a few over the years, but my attempt similar to your flatbed took me probably 60 hours, or better. Alot of time to make sure the axles were square, but it pulls perfect so it was worth it. I still hope to build a stock trailer someday, I'll borrow your idea about the deckplate on the bottom if I get to it. Did you consider two jacks on the stock trailer? I put twins on the flatbed gooseneck I made, maybe overkill, but it made it more stable with a load IMO.

I have done some with double jacks but mainly we do that on flatbed's.Seem's they get unhooked loaded quite often where as stock trailer's are empty. All of the jack's I use have the spring loaded foot they cost about$3 more than they bend over and lift type.If you go to building a stock trailer feel free to pick my brain I will share my idea's or whatever.

Denny: Your trailers look good and it's nice to see that you value good workmanship! Have you used the Rumber floors much and what is your opinion on them. Are they rigid enough and are they slippery for stock? Thanks, Cowsense

cowsense said:
Denny: Your trailers look good and it's nice to see that you value good workmanship! Have you used the Rumber floors much and what is your opinion on them. Are they rigid enough and are they slippery for stock? Thanks, Cowsense

My trailer has the rumber in it I really like it.When it first came out it was real slippery and smooth since then they have basically ran it thru a groover and roughed it up so it grips better.I wash my trailer out and it cleans up real nice.The crossmembers have to be 15" on center and bolted every crossmember for best result's.

I have used it in quite a few trailers and have only had one piece fail.Rumber warrenteed the whole floor not just the one broken board they paid for all the labor for the customer to have it done locally where he lives as he's 400 miles from here so They do stand behind the product.

Latest posts