• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Trespass

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Sorry people your GPS is wrong, this is no longer a county road, it been abandoned, and this stretch is a private drive. Besides even if you could go it private property and you can't hunt, and no it doesn't go to that School section! or even close to that 80 of BLM! Got to love hunting season.

There is literally a million acres of public land (BLM & Forest Circus) in this county. But we still have issues with people hunting or wanting to hunt on private land.

In Alberta its a public road when they want a culvert or a dozer to come and plow it out or build a bridge but during hunting season its private.
Undeveloped Road allowances are being farmed or completely blocked off for grazing. Public graveled roads complete with stop and speed signs are being gated off to prevent hunters from accessing public land by the people who own the land before you get to the public land. Parking spots and approaches where hunters could park to hunt public land are being tore out because of requests from land owners in the area . these approaches are on public land but near by land owners don't want public to access public land.
I know hunters can be pain but its ridiculous what's happened up here. Honestly government just wants native hunters and wolves. RCMP are biggest gun thieves around if your not a native. People are just different. Your a suspect if you own a hunting rifle. This day and age,etc. I don't agree with any of this.

79% of the state of Utah is public land!!! And so called hunters still bitch when they find a locked gate caused by them and their peers by not respecting private land. If the public weren't such 1st class __________ (insert bad word of your choice), I'd sympathize a little. But anymore, people equals problems. Big problems like dead horses, cattle purposely locked away from water, over thirty cattle shot in 9 different Utah counties, property vandalized or stolen, etc. all of the above examples happened in the past two years. As a hunter, I can proudly say- THE HELL WITH HUNTERS!!!! Don't even ask me for permission. And if they wanna blame someone they can look in the mirror

Years ago, we had a school section lease and that pasture did not have any water. The gate was always left open so the cattle could get to a good source of water in the next pasture. Hunters went there to hunt and SHUT THE GATE! It was not discovered until someone found the dead yearlings. They weren't ours, but it was tragic just the same.

To hell with hunters!!!

I had a guy stop and ask permission to shoot a buck on my neighbors place. It was right up behind his barn. I told him I can't give you permission. He said but the neighbor isn't home and I want to shoot the buck. he even argued that I should give him permission. I pointed up the canyon and told him in about a mile you will be off my property and after that it is BLM for the next 14 miles.

Years ago, we had a school section lease and that pasture did not have any water. The gate was always left open so the cattle could get to a good source of water in the next pasture. Hunters went there to hunt and SHUT THE GATE! It was not discovered until someone found the dead yearlings. They weren't ours, but it was tragic just the same.

To hell with hunters!!!
Isn't that the way it is? The first time in history a hunter shuts a gate, it was supposed to be left open. I don't think anyone living in a city should be allowed to hunt.

It is not just hunters. I have a friend with a ranch over in Klickitat county Washington. There is a bunch of those wind turbines on ground he runs cows on. More than once he has had to go to their local office and chew out the head guy about gates being left open. The big Boardman to Hemingway power line that Idaho power is going to build will cross my property. One of the points I made with my lawyer is that you know they will leave gates open while they are building it and well into the future. His family and him have a ranch, so he totally agreed with me.

Friend of mine had the railroad keep leaving open gates from his property onto the railroad right of way. He told them twice to stop doing it and they ignored him. So he placed four concrete highway lane dividers in the two gates that only weigh 4500 lbs each. Railroad guy came beating on his door in a huff. Larry calmly said stuff it in your hip pockets and drive around five miles to a gate off public land and backtrack. The guy threatened legal action and Larry said bring it!!! An hour later the big rail superintendent showed up with hat in hand to make peace. He agreed to make sure the POS lazy union hands on the crew would open and shut the gates. Larry moved the barriers and all was well. People in general are a very dumb and clueless species.

Isn't that the way it is? The first time in history a hunter shuts a gate, it was supposed to be left open.
Haha I thought that part was funny.
What frustrates me is it should work both ways. If we respect private property then the people with private property should respect public property and the publics legal right to access it.
Some people seem to be able to do whatever they want and get away with it. Example blocking a public road. In my area things are not very equal. Some have more rights than others. The laws apply differently to different people. And just because you have cows don't assume you are part of the in crowd.
I could really go on about this but I literally come on here to make friends so maybe I should keep quiet. Smile

Haha I thought that part was funny.
What frustrates me is it should work both ways. If we respect private property then the people with private property should respect public property and the publics legal right to access it.
Some people seem to be able to do whatever they want and get away with it. Example blocking a public road. In my area things are not very equal. Some have more rights than others. The laws apply differently to different people. And just because you have cows don't assume you are part of the in crowd.
I could really go on about this but I literally come on here to make friends so maybe I should keep quiet. Smile
But people don't need access to every land locked 40-80 or 320 either

I'm thinking we are talking about two different things?
I'm talking about people blocking off government roads during hunting season.
Also farming or ranching undeveloped road allowances that are public and keeping the public off.
Basically people buying or who own large tracks of land next to much bigger pieces of government land and then trying tyo keep people from accessing the government land. These same people treast the public land like its their own private land. Usually an outfitter always ends up being the only one allowed in there.
Plus like I said before the public built these roads and maintains them. Plows snow in winter. Sometimes with a cat. Replaces culverts and bridges. Pays for elk proof hay yards,etc.
Its not just about hunting or hunters. I could go on and on about this.

There is a ranch near me. I don't know how big it is. I was once told 20,000 acres. Inside this private land sits a big block of BLM. Again I have no idea how big I am guessing 4 or 5 thousand acres. No roads, no access all horseback cattle gathering. So a few years back some outfitter started flying in hunters with a helicopter. The helicopter started herding the elk off the private on to the BLM. Just taking different routes to camp with supplies and people and passing low over the elk. So the rancher got everyone he could together and rode every draw and canyon searching for strays. The day before hunting season opened.

Sad part is hunters and ranchers should be allies. In the old days they were. What Evans described ranchers doing is not right. Our county here would probably turn a blind eye to it. But most of Utah and the rural counties sure as hell wouldn't. Whether it's a hunter or rancher playing the games, it's not right. Public land is public and private should be private. And the rules for each should be followed. People who break the law piss me off, period.

Walking over to the kids house there a tuck coming up the driveway. I move over so I could talk with the driver and asked "where you are going".... Them " to so and so outfitters". I said "not up this road! it not a public road. We had it abandon a year ago".....Them "Well, it shows on our maps it is". Me "Well, I can call the Sheriff. Well, it is not county road, and you can't get anywhere on it any way".... Them "But it is on our map". Me "Who you tiring to find, do they have another name". They gave me a name, I "told them go back to the road they came off of and keep going west."

Walking over to the kids house there a tuck coming up the driveway. I move over so I could talk with the driver and asked "where you are going".... Them " to so and so outfitters". I said "not up this road! it not a public road. We had it abandon a year ago".....Them "Well, it shows on our maps it is". Me "Well, I can call the Sheriff. Well, it is not county road, and you can't get anywhere on it any way".... Them "But it is on our map". Me "Who you tiring to find, do they have another name". They gave me a name, I "told them go back to the road they came off of and keep going west."
Well, thanks for sending them west to Oregon. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts