• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Trip to the sunny south, starting June 8, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
DrivingbyKansasCity.jpg

Driving by Kansas City
Toomuchtraffic.jpg

Too much traffic
Thattrucksurelookslong.jpg

That truck sure looks long.
Brightlightsbigcity.jpg

Bright lights, big city. 804 miles from home we stopped for the night just east of St. Louis.
Trafficinthe.jpg

Traffic in the Tennessee hills
Warm-upshowfortheDixieStampede.jpg

Warm-up show for the Dixie Stampede night show and supper
Oursupperserver.jpg

Our supper server. The meal consisted entirely of "finger food," with no silverware even available. The menu was soup in a cup,
a biscuit, a cooked Cornish hen, slab of pork, corn-on-the-cob, and an apple turnover for dessert.
Theyrequestedthatwenottakepictures.jpg

They requested that we not take pictures, so this was my last one for the night. :?
TheSmokeyMountains.jpg

The Smokey Mountains
Kindofprettycountry.jpg

Kind of pretty country
Foggysmokeishowtheygottheirname.jpg

Foggy "smoke" is how they got their name
Findingourlittlekid.jpg

Finding our little kid
Quitehappytoseeeachother.jpg

Quite happy to see each other
Mytwofavoritistladies.jpg

My two most favorite ladies :)
Inthecourtyardatthecollege.jpg

In the courtyard at the college
Tiffanywiththetwoladiesatthebakerywheresheworked.jpg

Sunflower with the two ladies at the bakery where she worked. All three of these ladies are very talented in making decorative
and festive cakes for any occasion.
Sunfloweratherbirthdayparty.jpg

Sunflower at her 25th birthday party on June 10th. The young lady in blue also celebrated her 25th birthday on the same day.
Both gals were born at 10 a.m., but since the girl in blue was born in Eastern time, she is two hours older than Sunflower,
who was born on Mountain time.
Ourservergraciouslyjoinedourgroupforaphoto.jpg

Our server graciously joined the group for a photo.
Andhetookthispicture.jpg

And then he took this picture.
Sushifortheladies.jpg

Sushi for the ladies
Andmorerealisticfoodformyself.jpg

And more realistic food for myself :wink:
Groupshotofthegraduates.jpg

Group photo of the graduates
Showingoffhersigneddiploma.jpg

Showing off her signed diploma
Twoprettygirls.jpg

Two pretty girls
Adisplacedpersontryingtolookatease.jpg

The guy in the middle is a displaced country hick trying to look cool, sophisticated, and non-chalant. Regretfully this ploy didn't work. :?
Celebrationsupperafterthegraduation.jpg

Celebration supper after the graduation

Great trip! Congradulations are in order, and sent from Shortgrasses! Now, I guess I would add a trip to the Smokey Mountains to my wishlist.

such a beautiful young lady, must take after her mamma. :wink:

wish her well in her future endevors, congrats

Congratulations and best wishes to Sunflower! In a way it seems like only yesterday that she left for classes, but when it's your own, it seems like a looong time away from home.

burnt said:
Congratulations and best wishes to Sunflower! In a way it seems like only yesterday that she left for classes, but when it's your own, it seems like a looong time away from home.

It is a two year course, having three trimesters each year. Sunflower did the first two trimesters online, but attended regular classes for the remaining four trimesters. She enjoyed it very much, and went on mission trips to Mexico and Nicaragua during her schooling.

Yes, she does take after her mamma, jigs. :wink:

Thanks for the congratulatory greetings, Shortgrass and Faster Horses. I will pass them along to Sunflower. :)

congratulations to u and your daughter.dixie stampede is just 15 minutes from home for us .i didn't realize she was associated with morningstar.Rick Joiner and his associates visit branson often to speak at Morningside.also just a hop from us.some of your pics and story sounded and looked familar.hope u enjoyed your trip of the midwest.

Sunflower great job on that sheep skin, soapweed you should of had some sushi it not all that bad , spider roll look a little hard to get down but they good too

Congratulations _ I know the Feeling!

"Sushi" V_Key and I Love IT - once per week!
My History with Sushi goes way back - years BEFORE the Movie "Shogun" - there was only One Place around - in San Jose in those days (late 60's) (Mom n Pop Place) _ I was the only "White Guy" not alone Cowboy in the place.
Was a Good Place to take Dates! A Lot of Food and Beer for 2 = $18- Now $50+
Now there are 13 places with in 7 miles (Morgan Hill - Gilroy)

Congratulations! I guess I missed out that she was even in college...I wondered why she hadn't been in many pictures lately.

Congratulations to Sunflower! Thanks for sharing the pictures with all of us.

P.S. Her name is very pretty :)

Congratulations to Sunflower! She looked lovely.

Not long after you went past the KC stadium on I-70 heading east, you should have gone past an exit for Buckner (near Grain Valley). At that time, you were maybe 20 miles from us as the crow flies, we are north of there on the opposite side of the river. But for lack of a bridge, it's a lot farther than that to drive!

Latest posts