• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Troubled Feelings

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I agree...what the parents did is WAY more worse than the kid having a roach or two. Who knows I'd bet there are other people in that house that take a beating also.

Has anybody ever thought that maybe the Dad is packing some welts too. Not all teenage boys respond to hugs and kisses. If the little s...t was pushing dope on younger kids maybe he was throwing his weight around the house too. Teenagers are looking for a line as far as behavior goes-somebody has to step up once in awhile and draw it for them. There's crap out there that if you try it once your hooked for life or dead. By the way I feel the same way about booze as I do pot as far as supplying it to younger kids. The easiest kids to raise are somebody elses I'm sure the boys parents tried to deal with it-we all make mistakes in the child rearing department.

Northern Rancher said:
Has anybody ever thought that maybe the Dad is packing some welts too. Not all teenage boys respond to hugs and kisses. If the little s...t was pushing dope on younger kids maybe he was throwing his weight around the house too. Teenagers are looking for a line as far as behavior goes-somebody has to step up once in awhile and draw it for them. There's crap out there that if you try it once your hooked for life or dead. By the way I feel the same way about booze as I do pot as far as supplying it to younger kids. The easiest kids to raise are somebody elses I'm sure the boys parents tried to deal with it-we all make mistakes in the child rearing department.[/quote
"we all make mistakes" Do we ever..Got one daughter I wish I could have "do-overs"with..other 2 are ok..She should have had meds,bigtime,I see now.(20/20 hindsight)

But come on man, its just a couple of roaches...

WAKE UP!!! The kid was pushing dope!! Dope can ruin lives to! Next time it might have been meth. Anyone done any reading up on the addictiveness of meth? Not good.

Bad situation. Since this is a ranchers forum you folks will inderstand my view on this. Ever noticed how raising kids and training colts are similar? Our oldest is 20 and the youngest is 17. You can do the groundwork with a weanling, turn them out for 2 years, bring them back in and they remember everything they learnt as a baby, and just continue on with their learning. Kids are similar. You have to have a strong base, love them to death, and spend so much time with them that they are sick of you. Have them involved and play a role in everything you do on your ranch. What you are really doing is laying the groundwork (weanlings) for when they get older and have problems when they mature into adults. They can handle any problems they may encounter because of their groundwork they got when they were young. A 12 year old kid and up may be a problem because he never got this base (groundwork) when he was young. I see too many parents nowadays that won't put in the effort at the start and run into problems when their kids get older.It's easy to walk away,say nothing or very little rather than confront the situation. Too many parents want to be buddies with their kids. They have buddies at school. what they need is a parent. A "problem" horse or dog doesn't have the problem, the rider or handler has the problem. This kid's parents are the one's with the problem. They didn't do the "groundwork".

Latest posts