• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Try again on Cowgirls and Indians

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Martin Jr.

Reaction score
Cowgirls.jpg

I found some of the girls on the internet, bronc riders and trick riders. performed at rodeo's at Cheyenne, Wyoming, Madison Square Garden in New York and other places. Could likely be Sioux Indians, maybe in Cheyenne about 1923. Found the picture among some old family photos. Dad may have acquired this, probably before 1928. Don't recognize any of the Chiefs. There was a Ralph Doubleday who took Rodeo pictures, could be one of his.

Not sure if that's Jinglebob or not but I'm sure that's Paris Motel-6 on the left. :shock:

And would that be Disagreeable on the far left center of photo???

katrina said:
KEEMOOSOOBIE!!!!!!!!!
Noone likes chemotherapy, but your spelling is way off and you're running your words together. Lay off the Old Milwaukee and go have a cup of coffee and a sandwich. :wink:

Katrina: I've just about ruined my eyesight trying to decipher the names of the gals in the front row.........none of them are Katrina.....................would you happen to be in the second row?? :twisted:

You guys are a hoot! and I really appreciate your humor....Love ya all!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
PS..
Cowsense: Maybe Katrina is an alias. :p :p
Cal: Okay smarty pants HOW do you spell keemoosoobie?????
Jinglebob: What happens in Carter stays in Carter!! :wink: :wink:
baling wire: That scalp is Disagreeable. God bless the USA and our troops. :!: :!: :!:

I don't know if I'm the kast to find this out but if you put your cursor on the picture and left click if makes it bigger and if you do it again bigger yet. It really enlarges nicely and you can see the expressions on the faces. One chief just behind doesn't look real happy.

BMR, you are one smart hombre!

How did you know to do that to enlarge them? That was great! I really enjoyed it. I liked looking at the boots the girls were wearing too. Actually, I thought only the first two chiefs on the left wore a neutral expression. The others looked like they wished they were someplace else.

Thanks for the tip!

Big Muddy rancher said:
I don't know if I'm the kast to find this out but if you put your cursor on the picture and left click if makes it bigger and if you do it again bigger yet. It really enlarges nicely and you can see the expressions on the faces. One chief just behind doesn't look real happy.

When I did this and checked everything a little better, be darned if that injun, second from left, don't look exactly like BMR, without the mustache!

Notice all them ladies with their pants tucked into their boots, one of them must be my mother! I knew I learned to do that genetically! :lol:

cowsense said:
Katrina: I've just about ruined my eyesight trying to decipher the names of the gals in the front row.........none of them are Katrina.....................would you happen to be in the second row?? :twisted:

Katrina looks definitely like that cute gal on the left. Definitely somebody who'd make chokecherry jam.

katrina said:
Don't ya just love those inlayed boots... NR have a blessed Thanksgiving...

To you and your family also, Katrina. That husband of yours has a mischievious look in his eyes by the way. Bet Roscoe was hard to keep up with as a little boy.
If everyone is totally confused- he was not anywhere in that picture.

Latest posts