• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Try to get Farm burea to get smart.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Charlie1948

Reaction score
Up date tuesday nite we had board meeting and after meeting .New business I asked all 11 members of the Farm bureau board if the were happy with the price of there product.they finally all admitted they weren,t .All members either worked off farm to or the wives worked off the farm.We give scholarships we give money for ag in the class room and every other project known to man but we don,t help ourselves.So we are writing a letter to the state farm bureau and the American farm bureau telling them that we are knot satisfied with what they are doing and we the farm bureau needs to keep the farmer on the farm and we need to price our product each year and not sell below cost of production .We will keep doing this till something happens or we burn up our computers. Every other business prices there product and we are to. I am a cattle rancher and raise registered cattle may wife teaches school and we make a good living but I make my real living selling livestock handling equipment chutes,scales tubs,exc .But I want my son to be able to farm also.Thanks Guys.

The only way you can price your product is to own your product from pasture to plate. Then you can price your product and see how well it sells in relation to cheaper pork and poultry.

Let us know how it turns out.

~SH~

I was a Farm Bureau member for many years- even was asked to run for the local offices many times---was proud of the fact they supported mandatory COOL legislation and telling the consumers the truth... But I told them where they can stick it this year after their flip-flop on mandatory COOL...I do not want to belong to any organization that supports the fraud of using the USDA stamp to pass off imported beef to the consumers as US beef...

I talked with one of the National Delegation after they flip-flopped-- I was told that the beef areas delegation supported the M-COOL law, but were overrode by the people supporting the pork and poultry--( Which means 50-75% Tyson and the conglomerates)......I then sent this years FB dues to R-CALF as a donation........

Charlie1948- Take your dues money and spend it with an organization that has not been bought out by the Big Business money and still represents the grassroots producer........[b][/b]

Oldtimer said:
I was a Farm Bureau member for many years- even was asked to run for the local offices many times---was proud of the fact they supported mandatory COOL legislation and telling the consumers the truth... But I told them where they can stick it this year after their flip-flop on mandatory COOL...I do not want to belong to any organization that supports the fraud of using the USDA stamp to pass off imported beef to the consumers as US beef...

I talked with one of the National Delegation after they flip-flopped-- I was told that the beef areas delegation supported the M-COOL law, but were overrode by the people supporting the pork and poultry--( Which means 50-75% Tyson and the conglomerates)......I then sent this years FB dues to R-CALF as a donation........

Charlie1948- Take your dues money and spend it with an organization that has not been bought out by the Big Business money and still represents the grassroots producer........[b][/b]

And who would that be? Pat Goggins , Herman Schmacher and Cliff Edwards, llyod DeBrucker.

Charlie1948- Take your dues money and spend it with an organization that has not been bought out by the Big Business money and still represents the grassroots producer........[

Good Advice! Like I have said many times....if you can put your kid in the ag Business DEBT FREE and with OPERATING$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Great , if NOT make sure he gets the HELL OUT!

Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:

And who would that be? Pat Goggins , Herman Schmacher and Cliff Edwards, llyod DeBrucker.

No it would be "farmers union"................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:

No it would be "farmers union"................good luck

{You say "no it would be "farmers union"........and to make it even more accurate, I add: marching in lock-step with the liberal Democrat party! MRJ}

This is a simple choice:

1. Want more government intervention in your life?

Do you believe in punishing achievement and regulating prosperity?

Do you believe large successful corporations are evil?

Do you need someone or something to blame?

If so:

Support R-CULT - Farmers Union - OCM - WORC - DEMOCRAT

2. Want less government intervention in your life and more self reliance?

Do you believe the free enterprise system can do a better job of serving consumers than a federal mandate?

Support NCBA - Farm Bureau - REPUBLICAN

Blamers like OT can deny it all they want but those are the philisophical differences between the two camps.

Blamers who want more government intervention - Farmers Union

Self reliant non blamers who want less government intervention - Farm Bureau

~SH~

What constitutes government intervention?

Millions on lobbying? Millions on litigation? A call to your congressman/woman? I'm open to anyones interprtetation.

Laws in the cattle/beef industry that punish achievement and regulate prosperity based on some wild conspiracy theory of the common packer blamer.

That's what I would consider excessive government intervention into our lives.

~SH~

CattleCo said:
Charlie1948- Take your dues money and spend it with an organization that has not been bought out by the Big Business money and still represents the grassroots producer........[

Good Advice! Like I have said many times....if you can put your kid in the ag Business DEBT FREE and with OPERATING$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Great , if NOT make sure he gets the HELL OUT!

I started with no dollars and built an Ag business using debt...back when it was double digit interest. Debt free and operating dollars won't go far if the heart and soul isn't in it.

Do you believe the free enterprise system can do a better job of serving consumers than a federal mandate?

SH......you are full of it on this! Remember the CBS story that exposed FB deals a few years ago? FB is a bull crap organization...............I am a member because they force me to buy Co Companies Insurance(their membership numbers is as phony as NCBA's and R-Calf's. SH....do not ride this Republican horse forever.... I have never voted for a democrat president and I probably will never to anything that stupid.....the choice would have to be a good one for me to do it! Look for a big shake up at NCBA and I mean starting at the top!

CattleCo said:

SH......you are full of it on this! Remember the CBS story that exposed FB deals a few years ago? FB is a bull crap organization...............I am a member because they force me to buy Co Companies Insurance(their membership numbers is as phony as NCBA's and R-Calf's. SH....do not ride this Republican horse forever.... I have never voted for a democrat president and I probably will never to anything that stupid.....the choice would have to be a good one for me to do it! Look for a big shake up at NCBA and I mean starting at the top!

Who is the ''they'' that are forcing you to buy there insurance :???: I do not think they can legally force you to buy there product!

Latest posts