• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Try to scare a girl to death...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Buckerette

Reaction score
Saturday we vacc, preg-checked and weaned everything. We have some pretty hot cows and no squeeze chute so we took them all to the vet. An intern was on the head gate and already let 2 through. They aint easy to catch, so no complainin' here. She's getting ready to catch another one and I'm on her backside (the cow not the intern) trying to get her to step up....

Next thing I know her horn comes flying towards me...Scared the crap out of me... I dont' remember what I said, but it was pretty worriesome and probly not pretty. I wasn't sure if he whole head was cut off or what. Turns out she got it caught just right and the whole horn cap come off.

The weird thing is she already broke the other cap off a year ago.

The vet said normally he'd tell people to cull her, but since I raise bucking bulls and all...and then kinda smiled and sprayed the horn so it wouldn't get infected.

Anyway, thought I'd share. And in case you were wondering she was 120 days bred. We had 100% conception rate this year!! (which isn't much since I only have 11 cows, but still). You can see her at www.trcattle.com page 2 of the cows (Strawberry Fields the Burns bred cow)

Live cover this year. We are talking about AI'ing next year. Most everything I have is crazy hot, so I'm worried about the conception rates. We'll work on calming the down and getting them use to a chute once we actually buy the chute.

I was mostly scared that she got seriously hurt. Mice will scare me everytime too. I'm getting use to the snakes.

Rats do it to me everytime. Cant stand those slimy long tails. :???: The hotter the roughstock animals are the better I like, like to keep my bullfighting techniques up to date alos keeps me in shape!! :) :)

100 % is good enough in any given circumstance. Especially if that is a conception rate.
Eleven out of eleven bred is marginally better than 499 out of 500.

Buckerette said:
Live cover this year. We are talking about AI'ing next year. Most everything I have is crazy hot, so I'm worried about the conception rates. We'll work on calming the down and getting them use to a chute once we actually buy the chute.

I was mostly scared that she got seriously hurt. Mice will scare me everytime too. I'm getting use to the snakes.

Buckerette- I was thinking about your comments today when I heard that one of the cows on the PBR Superior Video bucking stock sale sold for $130,000 for 1/2 interest--- which means they must be going to flush her.....Be interesting enough trying to AI some of those old rodeo bred cows-but must be something else trying to flush them....Good luck "calming" yours down......

Oldtimer said:
Buckerette- I was thinking about your comments today when I heard that one of the cows on the PBR Superior Video bucking stock sale sold for $130,000 for 1/2 interest--- which means they must be going to flush her.....Be interesting enough trying to AI some of those old rodeo bred cows-but must be something else trying to flush them....Good luck "calming" yours down......

I called in and got a bidder # for that sale. Never even touched the phone. I can't believe how how some stuff went for. Whew..

Latest posts