• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Trying the Picture Deal

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Twister Frost

Reaction score
Can't believe how long it has taken me to figure out the gallery upload, so am going to try pulling a couple pics here. Bear with me and feel free to offer helpful tips if I mess this up (as I am known to do!)

Youngest son getting a good look over the Reds--

Puppy herd of '11 watching the calves in the weaning pen--

My monicker--

Twister filly of '11 and Chisum--
[/img]

Click on the little icon at the right of the linked thumnail and then copy and paste the linked image.

Royal_Queen_10.jpg

I kept remembering something about "medium" when other posters would have the small images. But, nothing was coming up because I was just copying and pasting the url, not clicking on the icon symbol. Thank you Per. Only hope it will stick beyond tonight!

No worries, TF. I couldn't remember so I had to try one. There wasn't a medium size option this time. Photobucket is what I use.

I do the same thing every time...just did it again; small pictures! Glad someone is asking again how to do it! I'm gonna practice here too :oops:

I did it! Yay for me , a very tech unsavvy person!

Twister Frost, uploading the pics to Photo Bucket and then copying & pasting the "image link" is the way to go.

Were at in SD do you live? My step-dad is from Burke, which is in the south-central party of SD.

Nicky said:
Nice pictures, keep practicing :) The pups are too cute, what are they?

Nicky, the pups are English shepherd X Austrailan shepherd/Border Collie cross. They are at that fun stage of wanting to ride in the tractor and be with you in the pens---but still chew on the overshoes! Hope they get through that part of the stage quick.
Wyoming Wind--there is nothing to compare to a horse kicking up snow. Your Belgians are very majestic looking---great pictures of them on the your thread, too.
Garn, we are in central South Dakota--east of Pierre.

So, do you raise these dogs? or just the occasional litter? I've been interested in the English Shepherds but don't know much about them. One concern I'd have is their endurance. Now that we have shorthaired dogs, we see what a difference that makes in the heat. We all love puppy pictures, so keep practicing on them!

Nicky said:
So, do you raise these dogs? or just the occasional litter? I've been interested in the English Shepherds but don't know much about them. One concern I'd have is their endurance. Now that we have shorthaired dogs, we see what a difference that makes in the heat. We all love puppy pictures, so keep practicing on them!

Me too, Nicky. I've been interested in the English Shepherd. I think they
were the old type 'farm dogs' that most every one had at one time. I've
read a bit about them and I think they are long-haired. I'm sure we
have had some at one time or other, at least partly English Shepherd.
Nice loyal dogs, don't know if they were super cowdogs for sure, but
they sure were good friends.

Nicky said:

No, this was not a planned litter. We do have a registered female and male English shepherd, though, and do plan for a litter in the future. It's interesting because Chisum's grandma is from out in Oregon! I guess looking through some of the pictures from the summer, it seems that Chisum's tongue is hanging out in quite a few of the pictures, but he kept going with us! I'm sure the long hair does keep them warmer than preferred during the summer, but neither he nor the female have ever quit us because of overheating. They are very loyal dogs, FH, and very protective of our kids. They do work the cattle and can be aggressive when needed, but turn around and go in the sheep pen and be gentle. We noticed the "off" switch that they have (had a border collie when the oldest son was young and couldn't tire that dog out!) These two are happy to lay at your feet, but ready to go when they see you putting on your boots or coat. I really like the disposition and personality. Quite a bit of info at englishshepherd.org on the breed. I will keep working at the picture deal---most of my pictures are on the cellphone, so will have to start packing the digital camera.

Twister Frost said:
Nicky said:

No, this was not a planned litter. We do have a registered female and male English shepherd, though, and do plan for a litter in the future. It's interesting because Chisum's grandma is from out in Oregon! I guess looking through some of the pictures from the summer, it seems that Chisum's tongue is hanging out in quite a few of the pictures, but he kept going with us! I'm sure the long hair does keep them warmer than preferred during the summer, but neither he nor the female have ever quit us because of overheating. They are very loyal dogs, FH, and very protective of our kids. They do work the cattle and can be aggressive when needed, but turn around and go in the sheep pen and be gentle. We noticed the "off" switch that they have (had a border collie when the oldest son was young and couldn't tire that dog out!) These two are happy to lay at your feet, but ready to go when they see you putting on your boots or coat. I really like the disposition and personality. Quite a bit of info at englishshepherd.org on the breed. I will keep working at the picture deal---most of my pictures are on the cellphone, so will have to start packing the digital camera.

Oh yes, we want pictures!!!
Are your English Shepherds the fawn color or Tri-Color?

Latest posts