• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Turbo's first year (heeler pics)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Man how he's grown!!!!

This was day one.....he was about 8 weeks old.
2010-02-10-007-1.jpg

A lap dog.....gettin his nails filed....and a nap at the same time.
2010-02-06-004-1.jpg

The ornery is startin to appear at this stage....lol
2010-03-26-001jpg-Turbo-1.jpg

Sticks....one if his all time favorite pass times....
2010-04-25-027-1.jpg

Mid summer....can you say...teenager??? lol
2010-06-01-020-copy-1.jpg

And yesterday.....his body is just as massive as his head!
2011-01-23-055-copy.jpg

I know exactly how you feel about Turbo....

Here's boots early on.

081202125019017.jpg

And about a year latter.

090717115823006.jpg

He is the perfect...buddy dog. And your right, there is something about sticks with this breed.

Awww Boots is a good lookin dog. And he got to keep his tail!!! lol Turbo's litter was already docked when we went and looked at them the first time. Didn't have a choice with that. I've had heelers with and without tails. And honestly can't really tell a difference, if it affects them one way or the other.

I just wish he'd get out of the "gotta chew stuff up" stage. He is gettin better. And if we keep him plenty sticks (haha livin in the woods helps) he will chew them up instead of stuff he's not supposed to. But if left unattended...or turned loose, he sometimes gets himself into trouble. He does stay on a lead....when we aren't outside doing stuff. Because he will get in trouble. But I think that's just the heeler part of him. That's how they are. But if it's rainin or cold....at night he does get to be off his lead and sleeps on the porch. He's fine as long as he knows Lil Lilly is in the house. But if she leaves and goes to work...and he's loose.....ohhhhhh he's gonna find somethin to do that's NOT what he's sposta be doin LOL

Faster horses said:
Those are both very attractive dogs. Thanks for sharing.
Blue heelers are my favorites and I don't think there is anything
cuter than a blue heeler puppy.

Well, one thing cuter, a tri color border collie Named Nikki .. :wink: :p

First off Turbo is a fantastic name Lilly , how did you choose it ? Second he is a really good looking dog, and my how fast they grow up ..

Jc ,Boots is a very good looking heeler as well.

Thanks for taking time to post new pics of Turbo . :D

That was Lil Lilly's doin.....since he's technically her dog. She'd just gotten her "Turbo Diesel" Dodge truck. So it was either Turbo....or Diesel. And we know quite a few people that have dogs and horses both named diesel. So Turbo it was.

I would like to get a photo of her walkin to the gate with him walkin along beside her now. LOL Might hafta make a point of doin that.

WOW 2 great looking dogs. I am wondering if Dally is blue heeler LOL
I need to get a pic of Missy who is 1/2 blue heeler x kelpie she is massive.
Dally is a dainty lil girl whos ears when she is relaxed are folded in half.

We need pics of nickie to make sure your taking good care of her................. :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like Turbo much better than Diesel ..

FH Nikki is doing phenomenal ! It seems like over night there was an astounding improvement. When she walks you can hardly see that she had this procedure done and she was even running today on all four legs beside the tractor when I fed the cows. I am just praying every night for her, that we have a miracle with her right leg and she will not need surgery after all . Hubby accused me the other day of being a dog hog as she goes everywhere with me lol. We are very lucky to have her in our lives, most likely if anyone else adopted her she would have been returned for a new pup and euthanized. :(

I definitely suggest this procedure to anyone with a good pup that has the same problems. It is well worth the effort and money .

BTW she has gotten her appetite back with a vengeance and eats very well now , which means that she has absolutely no pain anymore .. :D

This is a pic of her at Christmas . Mom hosted this year and she invited Nikki . We have never brought one of our dogs before ,but she got to come with us this time .

IMG_3172.jpg

Sorry didn't mean to jack the Turbo thread .. :oops:

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
He does stay on a lead....

Question:
Why Not?
I had a Dog that would BITE Through a Leather Lead in a second.
I pinched holes in a lead and wove a Number #14 Stranded 0 Insulated wire through it (to about 6" from the snap) (tape That End) and put an Alligator Clip on the other end - - hook the lead to the fence and the Alligator Clip to the Hot Wire...
Aussies - 1 Lesson
Blue Heelers - 2 or 3 Lesson +
:)

He doesn't chew through his lead. Just other things that he shouldn't be chewin on if left off and out without anyone outside with him. There's horses here that he doesn't need to be botherin...as well as cows across the road. I'd just as soon keep him here at home on a lead than let him go wonderin off to mess with the neighbors stock.

Latest posts