• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

U.S. ready to send 3,500 troops into Kuwait: source

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I heard one news report that specifically said these troops would go into Iraq to replace troops rotating out. Of course, they can just extend the ones scheduled to come out as they have in the past and give us the "surge." But remember that the Decider hasn't decided. He'll let us know next month. :roll:

Aren't you girls glad that even considering the political fallout, our commander and chief is doing what he thinks is best for America. That's a refreshing and different attitude when compared to some former presidents.

Red Robin said:
Aren't you girls glad that even considering the political fallout, our commander and chief is doing what he thinks is best for America. That's a refreshing and different attitude when compared to some former presidents.

If he believes that sending another 55,000 troops into Iraq is best for the country, he's even further out of touch than I think he is. Exactly what do you think our country will gain by that? They can't stay in Baghdad forever. So we have hundreds of sons, daughters, fathers, brothers killed and when we pull out, it's just like it is today. Does that make sense to you?

He's not worried about the country, he's worried about his legacy. So he's considering sending another 55,000 young Americans off to war as a last gasp effort to salvage it. I'm with Republican Senator Smith who says this war might be "criminal."

Red Robin said:
Disagreeable said:
He's not worried about the country, he's worried about his legacy.
Are you a close advisor to the President or are you a mind reader? Where's the link for your condemning statement?

It doesn't take a link to see what this man has done. All you have to do is pay attention. He never had proof that Saddam had WMDs. He classified anything that didn't make his case for war against Iraq. He approved of Scooter Libby's leak of information that made the case for war, then screamed about leaks that didn't make the case for war. For three years he told us we were winning in Iraq and you believed him. Right wingers blamed the media! They just weren't telling the truth. Well, it's obvious now, even Bush says we're not winning, though he does say we're not losing. My word! The strongest military in the world held to a standoff by a small group of insurrgents! And he says we're not losing! The world is watching and our enemies are taking notes. Our Army is tattered, stretched, their weapons damaged and waiting for repair, our Federal deficit at record levels and Bush continues to pretend there's hope for this endeavor. 70% of Americans disapprove of his handling of Iraq! Did you see his and Cheney's speeches when they gave Rumsfeld his send off? I wonder what that costs us? Cheney claimed Rumsfeld was the best Sec of Def this country had ever had! So is he a liar? Or is Bush stupid for firing the Best Sec of Defense ever?

Disagreeable said:
Red Robin said:
Disagreeable said:
He's not worried about the country, he's worried about his legacy.
Are you a close advisor to the President or are you a mind reader? Where's the link for your condemning statement?

It doesn't take a link to see what this man has done. All you have to do is pay attention. He never had proof that Saddam had WMDs. He classified anything that didn't make his case for war against Iraq. He approved of Scooter Libby's leak of information that made the case for war, then screamed about leaks that didn't make the case for war. For three years he told us we were winning in Iraq and you believed him. Right wingers blamed the media! They just weren't telling the truth. Well, it's obvious now, even Bush says we're not winning, though he does say we're not losing. My word! The strongest military in the world held to a standoff by a small group of insurrgents! And he says we're not losing! The world is watching and our enemies are taking notes. Our Army is tattered, stretched, their weapons damaged and waiting for repair, our Federal deficit at record levels and Bush continues to pretend there's hope for this endeavor. 70% of Americans disapprove of his handling of Iraq! Did you see his and Cheney's speeches when they gave Rumsfeld his send off? I wonder what that costs us? Cheney claimed Rumsfeld was the best Sec of Def this country had ever had! So is he a liar? Or is Bush stupid for firing the Best Sec of Defense ever?
Bla, bla, bla. He's a man of convictions and you man hating liberals just can't stand it. :lol: I love it. Poor, poor Dis.

History will prove that this administration to be the most foolish and deadly and expensive of all time.

kolanuraven said:
History will prove that this administration to be the most foolish and deadly and expensive of all time.
Have to agree with you if you're refering to the expansion of Medicare.

kolanuraven said:

You must not know much about History, but I think there has been a few presidents that have had more soldiers die than Bush, even if the deaths continue for 2 more years at current rate. He can not touch others. I bet more people died in one day during other wars than die in his whole 8 years in office.

And I bet a lot more money was spent (especially when adjusted for inflation) in other presidents terms for wars than Bush even if he continues at same rate of spending.

Have you ever heard of WWI, WWII and the Vietnam War? :roll:

You just live in a ME and NOW bubble everything seems worse when it happens in your time and against your cause.

Do you really think about what you say before you type? :roll:

Kolan, curious have you ever heard of Google? If not you can go to Google.com and look up some of the facts of stuff you wish to say before you actually type it.

I went a head and took the liberty of doing it for you in this case.

Lets take a look at D-Day for example:

Omaha Beach

The official record stated that "within 10 minutes of the ramps being lowered, [the leading] company had become inert, leaderless and almost incapable of action. Every officer and sergeant had been killed or wounded [...] It had become a struggle for survival and rescue". There were about 2,400 casualties on Omaha on D-day, most in the first few hours.

That was just one beach in a few hours:

Looking at the Complete Battle of Normandy:
June 6, 1944 – August 25, 1944

American and British troops:
45,000 dead
173,000 wounded or missing

At first I asked if you think before you type, but as I give it more thought you should really skip the thinking process and go straight to Google. I think you will be more successful in your endeavors that way. :wink:

aplusmnt said:
Kolan, curious have you ever heard of Google? If not you can go to Google.com and look up some of the facts of stuff you wish to say before you actually type it.

Omaha Beach

The official record stated that "within 10 minutes of the ramps being lowered, [the leading] company had become inert, leaderless and almost incapable of action. Every officer and sergeant had been killed or wounded [...] It had become a struggle for survival and rescue". There were about 2,400 casualties on Omaha on D-day, most in the first few hours.

45,000 dead

At first I asked if you think before you type, but as I give it more thought you should really skip the thinking process and go straight to Google. I think you will be more successful in your endeavors that way. :wink:

what? you expect kolo to actually think?
or for that matter to actually do any research? doubt she has time to do research being so busy meeting all the people in the world, knowing them personally so she can judge them from first hand knowledge, that is why she had the multi million dollar jet so she can fly to all the $25000 a plate dinners and mingle with the billery's and even enjoy a cuban cigar with the klintons, just remember though bill does not inhale lolololol

aplusmnt said:

Omaha Beach

45,000 dead

Was it the battle of Antietam where America lost more men in the first 30 min. than was killed the D-Day landing? Might have my facts confused. I'm going by memory which isn't all that wonderful. I think Lincoln had the most deadly administration easily. Being a history major, K Raven might not have ever heard of Lincoln. :lol2:

You guys can beat up 'raven all you want, but those wars were not fought at the whim of one person. Our war in Iraq is the result of the whim of George W. Bush. Iraq is Bush's war. He's on record as saying he doesn't spend much time worrying about Bin Laden, the man who actually attacked this country.

Disagreeable said:
You guys can beat up 'raven all you want, but those wars were not fought at the whim of one person. Our war in Iraq is the result of the whim of George W. Bush. Iraq is Bush's war. He's on record as saying he doesn't spend much time worrying about Bin Laden, the man who actually attacked this country.

Did not realize the President could just declare war on a whim. Seems like Bush had to go through the same channels as did the Presidents of all the other wars. Congress was involved if I remember correctly.

Also you can not say it was a whim when we had already fought Saddam a few years before that under another President. If it was not for the Treaty Saddam signed we would have went to Baghdad years before. Then he broke it so all Bush really did was finish the war that was started by Previous administrations.

You want to act like all was peaceful in the world and then Bush woke up one day and says he I am bored, I think I will start a war.

The war started with 911 against us and Countries with Radical and dangerous Muslims sponsored nations. At the very least you could only argue that he picked the wrong one at the wrong time, or could have did it differently. But it was not a whim, All Wars have mistakes, the ups and downs strategically.

You live in this Now time also. You can not see how in 5 or 20 years going to Iraq might prove to be smart, seeing how Iran is probably the biggest threat to World Peace at the moment. And guess what? We now have a stronghold with weapons sitting right on the border of Iran. If not for Iraq it would have taken months to prepare to fight Iran when the time arise.

As I have always said, I believe the Iraq war is about building forces in an area that will be the battle grounds for WWIII. Saddam was just stupid enough to give us a crack in the door to get into that area.

Nothing Bush did was a Whim, right or wrong it was no Whim, Maybe you should think a little or use Google like Kolan. :wink:

Disagreeable said:
Maybe you can enlighten us to some of Lincoln's approval numbers and war tactics.

what? you expect kolo to actually think?
or for that matter to actually do any research? doubt she has time to do research being so busy meeting all the people in the world, knowing them personally so she can judge them from first hand knowledge, that is why she had the multi million dollar jet so she can fly to all the $25000 a plate dinners and mingle with the billery's and even enjoy a cuban cigar with the klintons, just remember though bill does not inhale lolololol

whew, is that jealousy I sense 8) 8) 8)[/quote]

in your dreams would i ever be jealous of kolo, be jealous of a person that has no life??
come on R2 i give you more credit than that :eek:
well maybe of a cuban cigar as long as it was miles and miles away from the klintons, and :D :D :D further from kolo :D :D :D

Now I know who that soured faced guy was hanging out in the bar & wearing the cheap suit at that dinner the other night!!!

Aminus... so it's "Ok" that almost 3K kids have died for one man's ' revenge for Daddy' war since the numbers haven't gotten up to Civil War numbers of deaths yet, is that your measuring stick?? Such simple reasoning and child like.

kolanuraven said:
Now I know who that soured faced guy was hanging out in the bar & wearing the cheap suit at that dinner the other night!!!

Aminus... so it's "Ok" that almost 3K kids have died for one man's ' revenge for Daddy' war since the numbers haven't gotten up to Civil War numbers of deaths yet, is that your measuring stick?? Such simple reasoning and child like.

no kolo i didn't go. i did donate the check you wrote to cover my dinner to the rep party to defeat billery, but they just called and said it bounced!!
insuffiecent funds!!
send a cashiers check next time, can't trust a person who bounces checks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts