• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ug !

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Red Robin

Reaction score
It's wet enough already. I'd like to save a little for august.

Arkansas Rivers Arkansas Lakes

FORECAST DISCUSSION
UPDATED: Monday at 12:45 p.m.

It's turning out to be a beautiful day with temperatures well into the 60s for Arkansas and approaching it in southern MO. Our next storm system is taking shape out west, with a cold front just south of the Ozarks. The front is already beginning to lift north, and it will be into southern Missouri by early Tuesday morning. Dew points in the 60s are present over central Texas, and an intense low-level jet stream will develop tonight as the main upper low pulls out of the Rockies. Winds of 60-70 mph a few thousand feet above the surface will transport this moisture up and over the warm front and trigger widespread thunderstorms over eastern Kansas. While a few storms may develop in western Missouri late tonight, I think the main action will occur in Kansas. Those storms will move our direction early Tuesday morning, bringing the threat of large hail and very heavy rain. Tomorrow's severe weather threat will be largely tied to the rain in the morning. If the rain moves in faster than expected and clouds remain all day, severe weather will likely be confined to large hail and perhaps a few wind gusts. If some sun and resulting instability can occur ahead of the incoming line of storms, enough low-level wind shear will be present for a few tornadoes to develop by late morning into the afternoon.

We'll get only a brief break on Wednesday before rain develops again Wednesday night and Thursday. This system is stronger and at this point looks to have a much higher threat for flooding rains. One computer model is showing up to around 5" of rain in parts of the Ozarks by Friday morning (not counting tonight/Tuesday). It's too early to tell if that will indeed be the case, but the system is powerful and will have an abundance of moisture to work with. Stay tuned...

Red Robin said:

FORECAST DISCUSSION

It's turning out to be a beautiful day with temperatures well into the 60s for Arkansas and approaching it in southern MO. Our next storm system is taking shape out west, with a cold front just south of the Ozarks. The front is already beginning to lift north, and it will be into southern Missouri by early Tuesday morning. Dew points in the 60s are present over central Texas, and an intense low-level jet stream will develop tonight as the main upper low pulls out of the Rockies. Winds of 60-70 mph a few thousand feet above the surface will transport this moisture up and over the warm front and trigger widespread thunderstorms over eastern Kansas. While a few storms may develop in western Missouri late tonight, I think the main action will occur in Kansas. Those storms will move our direction early Tuesday morning, bringing the threat of large hail and very heavy rain. Tomorrow's severe weather threat will be largely tied to the rain in the morning. If the rain moves in faster than expected and clouds remain all day, severe weather will likely be confined to large hail and perhaps a few wind gusts. If some sun and resulting instability can occur ahead of the incoming line of storms, enough low-level wind shear will be present for a few tornadoes to develop by late morning into the afternoon.

We'll get only a brief break on Wednesday before rain develops again Wednesday night and Thursday. This system is stronger and at this point looks to have a much higher threat for flooding rains. One computer model is showing up to around 5" of rain in parts of the Ozarks by Friday morning (not counting tonight/Tuesday). It's too early to tell if that will indeed be the case, but the system is powerful and will have an abundance of moisture to work with. Stay tuned...

If you happen to get a little to much moisture you could send a little my way. The dust was blowing off the Big Muddy Lake the other day. :(

Big Muddy rancher said:
Red Robin said:

FORECAST DISCUSSION

If you happen to get a little to much moisture you could send a little my way. The dust was blowing off the Big Muddy Lake the other day. :(
I wish you had this next round BMR. We've got plenty for a week or two.

the front you mentioned is coming my, were just drying out and im getting use to not being in the mud, but the weather forecast says up to 2 1/2 inches of rain with more coming thursday, so much for drying out . but ill take it the run off will fill the ponds and streams here

Now
Through 9 am...showers and thunderstorms will move into western and northern Arkansas from Oklahoma. Dangerous lightning and brief heavy rainfall will possible with these storms. Areas affected include Mena...Harrison...Clarksville and Waldron. The storms will continue to move east into north central and west central Arkansas this morning.

Latest posts