• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Unbelievable!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CattleCo

Reaction score
How much BS are we going to take from the JAPS? It's time to play hardball! Apparently they do not remember what we did to them in the 40's!!.......maybe they do!

Koizumi says he made no promises to U.S.

by Pete Hisey on 4/7/2005 for Meatingplace.com

Coming under fire from opposition politicians, Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi said that he never promised the United States anything in regard to reopening the Japanese market to American beef.

"I told the United States very clearly that this has to be done on the basis of scientific knowledge and that it is impossible to say when imports would be resumed," Koizumi said, according to the Kyodo News Service.

Katsuya Okada, leader of the opposition Democratic Party of Japan charged Koizumi with "diplomacy failure" in getting American hopes up that the border would reopen to U.S. beef quickly.

"I think it is important to resolve the issue diplomatically in a way that does not damage mutual trust and that does not become the source of bilateral confrontation, while ensuring food safety based on Japanese standards and rules," Koizumi said.

when you have uncertainties about your testing system being raised by former usda vets (schwochert and friedlander) what do you expect? the whole world is suspicious that canada can find bse and the us can't. i don't think you'll bomb your way into the japanese beef market. present a credible testing system and you might make some headway.

MY POINT IS .......the Japs have us by the nuts! We cannot exist without their computer technology and products. So, they can tell us to play the BEEF deal their way. Our global economy /trading deal has blown up in our face. Good old American Corporate Greed has put us in a position we cannot control our own economic destiny without trading partners that do not play fair or care to. Land is selling very high because the $$$ folks have no faith in the stock market and American/American-Foreign companies. At the least you have the RealEstate when thing go down the tube. :roll:

CattleCo said:
MY POINT IS .......the Japs have us by the nuts! We cannot exist without their computer technology and products. So, they can tell us to play the BEEF deal their way. Our global economy /trading deal has blown up in our face. Good old American Corporate Greed has put us in a position we cannot control our own economic destiny without trading partners that do not play fair or care to. Land is selling very high because the $$$ folks have no faith in the stock market and American/American-Foreign companies. At the least you have the RealEstate when thing go down the tube. :roll:

Hello, Kettle? This is Pot. You're looking mighty black today. :p

cattle co you better get used to it or get out maybe.Maybe it will make you a much more efficient operator like it has up here in canada.

What else do you expect when you try to force something on another country? Instead of going to the Japanese and asking them what it would take to get back in, we go in making demands - even to the point of forcing them to change their own public health laws just to accomodate us. The USDA has bungled this deal 10 times over.

What else do you expect when you try to force something on another country? Instead of going to the Japanese and asking them what it would take to get back in, we go in making demands - even to the point of forcing them to change their own public health laws just to accomodate us. The USDA has bungled this deal 10 times over.

Funny, we did everything that you are saying that should have been done with the Japanese and the American border didn't magically open to Canada so apparently your logic is flawed.

Whats that saying about the shoe on the other foot????? dont like it do you? I am starting to enjoy it a little even if we arent really involed in the payback.

SASH said:

Funny, we did everything that you are saying that should have been done with the Japanese and the American border didn't magically open to Canada so apparently your logic is flawed.

The USDA bungled up your deal, too. If they didn't have the big packers tugging on their reins they might be a little more effective.

Sandhusker said:
SASH said:

The USDA bungled up your deal, too. If they didn't have the big packers tugging on their reins they might be a little more effective.

That's an interesting take on it. Could you clarify exactly whet the USDA did to 'bungle up our deal'?

SASH said:
Sandhusker said:
SASH said:

That's an interesting take on it. Could you clarify exactly whet the USDA did to 'bungle up our deal'?

Sash, back up and take a look at what they've done. They got off wrong by asking "How can we get the border opened again" instead of "Should we open the border again" and everything just degressed from there - kind of like a race horse leading with the wrong foot. Cebull saw that a mile off and even mentioned it in his statement. That start tipped their hand and they totally blew it when they couldn't even follow their own rules and allowed R-CALF to make them look like blundering idiots. Their job is to prioritize health and safety, but they obviously put economics first. Guess who would of been putting on pressure for economic reasons?

If they would of taken it slow and started by recognizing policy and precident as common sense would dictate, then floating out that the possibity of an open border existed as long as health concerns would not be compromised and the reasons for past policy were addressed, R-CALF wouldn't of had so much free ammunition.

If they would of taken it slow and started by recognizing policy and precident as common sense would dictate, then floating out that the possibity of an open border existed as long as health concerns would not be compromised and the reasons for past policy were addressed, R-CALF wouldn't of had so much free ammunition.

That's pretty funny logic. It sounds like blaming the guy that owns the gun store because he sold the bullets that were used in a murder.

EXACTLY. Lets sue because the whiners are not getting our cattle through the auction ring, we are not letting them get rich from us and we are supporting the checkoff. PAT GOGGINS CAN GO TO HELL. Until all of you whiners realize who is running all of this, you deserve to suffer and give him all of your extra money. I just sold heifers for $!.53 per pound, base price on a grid, that will be marketed as "Raised Right, produced by Montana Branded Beef Association" with no auction market, no middle man and Goggins is not making a dime from the deal. Look for it in Albertsons and Saveway in two weeks, it is going to be aged, voluntary labeled and produced here.

A POSTER who went by NO TEST No SALE had his country's policy in mind when he posted here on Ranchers.Will history repeat itself?I say he was and is still right,nothing moves to Japan untill it's TESTED for BSE nomatter the country with cases of BSE .

Sandhusker said:
SASH said:
Sandhusker said:

Sash, back up and take a look at what they've done. They got off wrong by asking "How can we get the border opened again" instead of "Should we open the border again" and everything just degressed from there - kind of like a race horse leading with the wrong foot. Cebull saw that a mile off and even mentioned it in his statement. That start tipped their hand and they totally blew it when they couldn't even follow their own rules and allowed R-CALF to make them look like blundering idiots. Their job is to prioritize health and safety, but they obviously put economics first. Guess who would of been putting on pressure for economic reasons?

And all the US rancher and consumer has asked for from the USDA and the packers is the same thing that many of the export markets have had for years- Country of Origin Labeling-- tell us where that product comes from.......Leave the choice to the consumer.......

What else do you expect when you try to force something on another country? Instead of going to the Japanese and asking them what it would take to get back in, we go in making demands - even to the point of forcing them to change their own public health laws just to accomodate us.*******Well I don't like susui and I don't want the Japanese to force me to eat it either.I want to know what I got under the hood? Name plates don't tell you much.

Latest posts