• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Unbelievable

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Boss Cowman

Reaction score
Here is a link to a story about animal cruelty and ignorant law enforcement. I am sad to say that this is where I am from. I was at the barn the day some of these cattle sold and it was awful. Only about half went through because the other half were to weak to make it.

http://www.mccookgazette.com/story/1322353.html

Man, that's awful.....

What's to stop this guy from getting more cattle later on and doing the same crap all over again?

Poor ol' cows.

Seems to me the county didn't want the cost of caring for the live cattle, disposing of the dead, or a trial. Embarassing day for the law enforcement involved and the brand man involved I'd say.

I hate to say it, but with rising feed costs we may see more of this kind of thing.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1208&u_sid=10295479

here is another story from the northern part of the state.

I didn't look at the links presented, because I try to avoid that kind of thing...but I sure think the owners should be turned in...

If horses were treated that way (and I love horses) someone would certainly turn them in.

I certainly have turned in more than my share of folks that starve or otherwise mistreat livestock. I could tell you stories that would curl your hair. Sometimes more than one of us have to call EVERY DAY in order to get something done...but we do it. I love rodeo too, my family participates in rodeos, but I turned in a guy that beat his horse with a rope so bad for so long that the horse finally went down. Another gal was with me and the perpatrator had to come clear back to our town to go to court. What a jerk. They did blackball him from the MRA...and set a new ruling about mistreating livestock. So it was worth it.

I assume that the law enforcement from our area would have done the same thing in keeping with their normal tradition.

Too bad the SOB that did this to those cattle couldn't be locked in a cell and treated similiarly.

Boss that gives all the rest of the responsible cattle ranchers a bad name. The USHS loves those type of stories. just more fuel for them. :(

I don't understand how people let this happen, just from a financial sense. If he had $800 cows and let 100 of them die, he lost some serious cash, maybe he is already loaded and doesn't care, but I think I'd load them up and sell them before I let an $800 cow turn into a $300 cow, or even a dead cow. You'd think the financial incentive would prevent this, but I guess I'm don't really understand the human psychology.

BCR

Latest posts