• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Unhappy Republican

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cowpuncher

Reaction score
I noticed that Ted Cruz has been awarded all 37 of our Colorado delegates.

I have been a registered republican for about 60 years. We had no primary, caucus
or anything else that allowed the average republican to participate in allocation
of delegates. Nothing.

The only contact we have had from the republican party is fund raising calls - usually from New
York or Washington D. C.

I doubt they will get any more money from me and they can expect the same courtesy
that I extend to Rachel from card services or microsoft windows technical support!!

CP

I too am an unhappy Republican. I tell them when they call how the establishment is wrong in what they are doing.
Oh, and I no longer send them any money. :D

I don't feel Cruz is establishment Republican since he has stood against them more than once. The way I see it, he is fighting a lot
of factors, even Fox News. He's intelligent, well spoken, very organized and consistent and actually pretty brave. Those are qualities I like in our President.

So, good for Colorado for granting Cruz all their delegates.

I can't remember this much to-do over delegates and caucus'. :?

I just think it's a crappy deal that the people of CO were denied the vote. You'd expect that of Cuba or North Korea.

Where were you last august when this was started? You can't whine and cry 8 months after the game was played

Cowman2,

I was right here and I pay a lot of attention to Republican politics. If the RNC was half as interested in keeping
people informed as they are in fund raising, this would not have happened. Talked to other republicans and they
are as lost as I am.

CP

Cruz is a crooked shyster for even accepting those questionable delegates. He's being duped by the Establishment Republicans and is falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

Worst part about Cruz is he can neither beat Bernie or Hillary in the election this Nov.

Election Day in the United States is the day set by law for the general elections of public officials. It occurs on the Tuesday right after the first Monday in November. This does not necessarily mean the "first Tuesday" in a month because the first day of a month can be a Tuesday. The earliest possible date is November 2, and the latest possible date is November 8 (as it will be for the 2016 election). All states participate the same, and all states have their general election at this time.

Why wouldn't it be possible for all states to share the same date for their primary elections? A possible date could be the Tuesday right after the first Monday in May, six months prior to the general election. This could give all states equal footing for deciding the national candidates for their parties. With the unfair current situation in place, some states with early primaries and caucuses determine who the candidates will be without later voting states having any choice in the matter at all. With the revised new plan, all the candidates who start out in the race could be placed on the ballots in all states, and the cream would rise to the top. I think this plan would work very well.

Soapweed said:
Election Day in the United States is the day set by law for the general elections of public officials. It occurs on the Tuesday right after the first Monday in November. This does not necessarily mean the "first Tuesday" in a month because the first day of a month can be a Tuesday. The earliest possible date is November 2, and the latest possible date is November 8 (as it will be for the 2016 election). All states participate the same, and all states have their general election at this time.

Why wouldn't it be possible for all states to share the same date for their primary elections? A possible date could be the Tuesday right after the first Monday in May, six months prior to the general election. This could give all states equal footing for deciding the national candidates for their parties. With the unfair current situation in place, some states with early primaries and caucuses determine who the candidates will be without later voting states having any choice in the matter at all. With the revised new plan, all the candidates who start out in the race could be placed on the ballots in all states, and the cream would rise to the top. I think this plan would work very well.

That will never work :roll:

Makes to much sense. :nod: :cowboy:

I seems to me that people who own a business, ranch, farm, hardware store, etc., or who have a steady job, have been squeezed out of the local and state political processes.

It appears that one has to be constantly involved at those levels to know what is going on, or to have any say in what goes on, such as that move in CO to 'choose' the candidates early.

OTOH, just look at the general population of many states, particularly CO since their approval of that recreational drug use! Can we trust the general population, and particularly those who are 'trained' by the 'community organizers' to know how to vote, as well as for whom to vote???? Obviously, we have stood by and let it happen, yet most of us have never had much time beyond what it takes to keep our business running.......whether we own it or work for it. Looks like prayer and doing what we can find time for is our only option!

mrj

If every primary was held on the same day, only the states with large numbers of delegates (large populations - NY, Ca., Texas, etc.) would be campaign grounds for the contenders. The small state population wouldn't get much chance to know the candidates up close & personal.

Then again Iowa, by being first, is using their primary as a statewide money attraction. Travel, accommodations, advertising, etc.

The small state population wouldn't get much chance to know the candidates up close & personal.

you make a valid point.. start out with the small states and work up to the larger ones, would at least be better,

and not allow winner take all in any state without direct voting would help...

Trump has won alot of states with way less then half the "primary votes" and has benifited from the rigged system

Despite Complaints, Delegate System Has Given Trump a 22 Percent Bonus

Trump now leads the Republican field with 756 delegates — or 45 percent of all delegates awarded to date. Yet he has won about 37 percent of all votes in the primaries, according to the NBC analysis, meaning Trump's delegate support is greater than his actual support from voters.

By contrast, Cruz has been awarded about 1.14 percent of the delegates for each percentage point of votes he has won — a delegate bonus of 14 percent above his raw support.

Cruz's 545 delegates comprise 32 percent of all delegates awarded to date, while he has won about 28 percent of all votes in the primaries

it is rigged.. and most voters are unhappy.. The TEA party has been "warning" about this for years now.

don't biatch too much on being an unhappy republican, things could be worse. You could be a liberal with your choice hillary or bernie.

Were state bylaws significantly violated? Seems like the voterless primary was run like a bunch of stoners or cheats.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/04/15/hillary-13/

After listening to Laura Ingraham melt down this morning, I got to thinking about my old government 101 prof from college. Back then I suspect he was pretty liberal in his thinking but teaching in a cowboy college in central Texas, I doubt if he let loose very often. We could have some spirited discussions and still be civil. He had talked often how the electoral college was nothing but a way for the founders to Gerry mander the system so in 1798 the cities of New York, Philadelphia, and Boston couldn't elect a president by them selves. And he had a most radical thought, who in the hell do you think you are telling someone how to vote, as in the electoral college or a primary vote? This is the USA, file suit, go to court, and just try to get a favorable ruling. Now Trump whines and moans that Colorado either screwed him or screwed themselves. Either way this ain't the presidential election, that happens the first Tuesday in November, period. You can vote anyway yore little heart wants, dem, pub, independent, communist, libertarian, or just mark the ballot with an X and write in I P Freely!

Speaking of rules... why is trump complaining about the rules when he doesn't advocate following the rules?

If the rules require a candidate to receive 1237 delegates to actually win the nomination, why does trump keep touting that he should be declared the winner even if he receives less than 1237 delegates?

Why is it that this election the rules should be thrown out?

In a multiple candidate primary for senate or representative should we just throw out the whole run off system between the top 2 candidates if neither receive the majority of the votes simply because the leading candidate wishes for it?

Trump gets 1237 he deserves the nomination. If he doesn't, he needs to shut up and sit down.

Steve said:
The small state population wouldn't get much chance to know the candidates up close & personal.

you make a valid point.. start out with the small states and work up to the larger ones, would at least be better,

and not allow winner take all in any state without direct voting would help...

Trump has won alot of states with way less then half the "primary votes" and has benifited from the rigged system

Despite Complaints, Delegate System Has Given Trump a 22 Percent Bonus

Trump now leads the Republican field with 756 delegates — or 45 percent of all delegates awarded to date. Yet he has won about 37 percent of all votes in the primaries, according to the NBC analysis, meaning Trump's delegate support is greater than his actual support from voters.

By contrast, Cruz has been awarded about 1.14 percent of the delegates for each percentage point of votes he has won — a delegate bonus of 14 percent above his raw support.

Cruz's 545 delegates comprise 32 percent of all delegates awarded to date, while he has won about 28 percent of all votes in the primaries

it is rigged.. and most voters are unhappy.. The TEA party has been "warning" about this for years now.

It's the tea party that has been filling the local government spots over the past 8 years. The tea party is why cruz is winning delegates that are up for grabs at the local level.

The claims that Cruz can't beat either D candidate seem like a combination of wishful thinking and attempts to convince enough voters of it that those fearful voters will make it come true! Or will panic and vote for those who truly can't beat either of the D's...

And there are those on the D side who also seem to be setting mechanisms in place to over-ride BOTH Hillary and Bernie....and all the shenanigans add so much confusion, it makes me more sure than ever that prayer for Divine intervention seems like the best hope we have for a good POTUS who will lead our nation in the proper direction for our survival.

mrj

Latest posts