• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Unique Bull Marketing Technique

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

405542_294741123918527_203338309725476_816734_1231817017_n.jpg

This is a unique bull/semen marketing technique... This was posted on Face Book today by the Ohlde Cattle Company... :wink: :lol:

I've got daughters of that bull and used a son until he broke his tool. They flesh very easily so corn is'nt really needed but breed him to a 6 frame cow thats a bit dairy like and you'll end up with a 4 frame broody type cow alot similar to sinclair extra daughters.One down fault I see is the are a bit short in spine length. but they are sure easy to look at.

AngusCowBoy said:
emotion, commotion, high dollar promotion

Thats about right on the money. Some of us wondering when they would bring the Ildeno semen back on the market. What goes around comes around.. I have a bet out but no takers.

Denny said:
I've got daughters of that bull and used a son until he broke his tool. They flesh very easily so corn is'nt really needed but breed him to a 6 frame cow thats a bit dairy like and you'll end up with a 4 frame broody type cow alot similar to sinclair extra daughters.One down fault I see is the are a bit short in spine length. but they are sure easy to look at.

While I didn't put this up as another argument over cattle genetics- (just thought it was a cute ad circulating thru Face Book) but Denny I have to agree...

Yep- while I haven't bred any cattle directly to Hunter--- I have cows out of the same Rainmaker/Dixie Erica of CH 1019 breeding that are very easy fleshing-easy keeping- old angus traits-- and not only can exist/but thrive well on on grass/forage (roses)- even when the roses aren't there-- and they/or their calves can thrive well on either grass or grainfed...

Thats the reason when this year when the buyer of my steer calves in November- all with the same maternal/grass-forage genetics-- told me last month that the steer calves he bought were the nicest calves he'd shipped to his Nebraska finishing feedlots of all the calves he bought- I had to grin--because none of them were sired by a high dollar emotion/commotion/promotion bull of the month bull (or son) or any bull that was out to top the EPD number market...They were all out of breeding that were from the old cowmakers- before everyone was convinced to make their angus cattle into continentals..... :(

338433_375969732419160_100000184088715_1642012_1243426100_o.jpg

Heres my emotion, commotion, promotion marketing tool... :wink: :lol:

I saw some bibs awhile back that had "When I get teeth- I want Beef" but could not find anywhere to order them...While taking too long looking for them both granddaughters ended up getting their two front teeth...
So Grandma being the craft person she is- came out of her sewing room with this- which Granddaughter Lakelynn is modeling....
From her grin I think she likes it..

Latest posts