• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Unreal Deer Hunt This Weekend

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WestTX_Ag93

Reaction score
Howdy Everyone,

I just wanted to share my hunting experience from a couple weekends ago. I visited this ranch in South Texas in the Cotulla area, and I could not have been more impressed. My son hunted there last year and highly recommended it. They have some of the biggest deer I have ever seen. Nothin like we have in west texas. I will post a link for the ranch and a picture of my sons deer he killed last year, havent gotten mine off my camera quite yet .

Happy Hunting!
http://nationalranchclassifieds.com/node/203

photo.php

WestTX_Ag93 said:
Howdy Everyone,

I just wanted to share my hunting experience from a couple weekends ago. I visited this ranch in South Texas in the Cotulla area, and I could not have been more impressed. My son hunted there last year and highly recommended it. They have some of the biggest deer I have ever seen. Nothin like we have in west texas. I will post a link for the ranch and a picture of my sons deer he killed last year, havent gotten mine off my camera quite yet .

Happy Hunting!

photo.php

Don't try calling shooting animals fenced in hunting.

It is high fenced... but the ranch is 22,000 acres. Poaching and drug runners have been a problem, and the owners got tired of dealing with it. Im not sure how much it has stopped the drugs but poaching has been decreased. The deer are still just as wild when you are on that big of a property.

Also, there is no way to manage deer with terrible neighbors that shoot everything that walks. High fence eliminates that problem.

My dad has a friend who spends all fall hauling trophy whitetails to these type of outfits big money just make sure to remove the eartags.Wild until the feed truck shows up.

It is high fenced... but the ranch is 22,000 acres. Poaching and drug runners have been a problem, and the owners got tired of dealing with it. Im not sure how much it has stopped the drugs but poaching has been decreased. The deer are still just as wild when you are on that big of a property.

Also, there is no way to manage deer with terrible neighbors that shoot everything that walks. High fence eliminates that problem.

Bullhauler said:
WestTX_Ag93 said:
Howdy Everyone,

Happy Hunting!

photo.php

Don't try calling shooting animals fenced in hunting.

i would have to agree

Sandhusker said:
I would hesitate to call 22,000 acres an enclosure.

Now, now. That's only a 6 mile X 6 mile area. :lol:

The key might be if there are cross fences within the total enclosure?

Denny said:
My dad has a friend who spends all fall hauling trophy whitetails to these type of outfits big money just make sure to remove the eartags.Wild until the feed truck shows up.

I don't like high fence hunting either but they do bring in some quality bucks from the northern states as well as the south for new and better genetics and have improved the quality of the bucks tremdously. Many also conduct very inexpensive "management" hunts for the non trophy hunter. Yeah 22,000 acres is a pretty good size enclosure. Some of the deer have probably never found the fences.

I know one scientific breeder in East Texas that brought some deer into the state without the proper vaccinations, inspections and quarantines. Texas P&W raided his operation, made him kill almost 400 head of deer, destroy over $900,000 worth of semen and embryoes and pay $1.5 million in fines. Hell he can't even buy a hunting license now.

That would be illegal in Canada.

We don't need fences, anyway. Our neighbour's sons wanted to do some black powder deer hunting, so came and leaned against the end of our haystacks to wait for the deer to walk by. First time they let 16 go by, and never took a shot. They were waiting for a buck. After some thought on it, the next day they came back ready to shoot a doe instead. And they got one right away.

When opportunity knocks, boys, answer the door.... :wink:

Latest posts