• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Up date on my project

Help Support Ranchers.net:

VCC

Reaction score
Well I have not been on here in a while, I used to really enjoy coming here and seeing Soapweeds stories and photos.

I don't think any of you would remember that I had formed a foundation that supplies a young man or lady with a breeding heifer to show, we paid all the expenses except travel, and they got the opportunity to show a competitive heifer. We have also been sponsoring steer projects as well.

We are just starting our fifth year, we have a young lady that will be showing an Angus heifer and 2 young men raising market beef, both young men have raised small animal projects and hogs so a steer project is going to be quite a jump for them. The young lady has showed beef in the past but not a heifer.

I will say we have a hard time finding individuals who want to sign up but the ones who have, have been incredible young people to work with. One of the young ladies who we sponsored in the past is now in her sophomore year at the University of Wisconsin, and has been accepted into the Veterinary program.

Here are just a few quotes from the past recipients:

Danna: These past couple months have been really great with my heifer. I have never clicked with my animals as I have with her, together we have won Showmanship classes and won a couple shows!

Kylie:
When I first showed at Western Bonanza eight years ago I got dead last in both of my classes. I am proud to say that Payton received 2nd in both of her classes. Thank you Curren's Cows for giving me endless opportunities. I look forward to an amazing year!

Kayla: I have had so much fun with Amber this show season, I am so grateful to have had this opportunity to work with and show such an amazing heifer!

Jenna: It has been a great month full of hard work, progress, and success! We have been getting to know each other better and she is gaining more and more trust in me., Sierra Winter Classic was a lot of fun and a great learning experience. This was my first jackpot showing a heifer and it definitely paid off.

Ethan: In the Final Drive, Mandy was very tired but she pushed through it and she won Reserve Supreme Champion Heifer! I was so excited, and I cannot wait for the next show. It's been great watching her progress while growing as a team.

Kiara:I had an amazing time at the San Diego County Fair and did extremely well with all of my animals. Thank you to all of the sponsors for Curren's Cows who helped to make this amazing year possible. This coming week, Bailey and I will be attending California Youth Ag Expo in Tulare to compete in the breeding division and compete in showmanship.

I do not believe there is anything better than a beef project to show a young person what they can accomplish with hard work and dedication.
Jenna Kylie Paso.jpeg

Blake GC 1.jpg
danna and logan .jpg

Well I have not been on here in a while, I used to really enjoy coming here and seeing Soapweeds stories and photos.

I don't think any of you would remember that I had formed a foundation that supplies a young man or lady with a breeding heifer to show, we paid all the expenses except travel, and they got the opportunity to show a competitive heifer. We have also been sponsoring steer projects as well.

We are just starting our fifth year, we have a young lady that will be showing an Angus heifer and 2 young men raising market beef, both young men have raised small animal projects and hogs so a steer project is going to be quite a jump for them. The young lady has showed beef in the past but not a heifer.

I will say we have a hard time finding individuals who want to sign up but the ones who have, have been incredible young people to work with. One of the young ladies who we sponsored in the past is now in her sophomore year at the University of Wisconsin, and has been accepted into the Veterinary program.

Here are just a few quotes from the past recipients:

Danna: These past couple months have been really great with my heifer. I have never clicked with my animals as I have with her, together we have won Showmanship classes and won a couple shows!

Kylie:
When I first showed at Western Bonanza eight years ago I got dead last in both of my classes. I am proud to say that Payton received 2nd in both of her classes. Thank you Curren's Cows for giving me endless opportunities. I look forward to an amazing year!

Kayla: I have had so much fun with Amber this show season, I am so grateful to have had this opportunity to work with and show such an amazing heifer!

Jenna: It has been a great month full of hard work, progress, and success! We have been getting to know each other better and she is gaining more and more trust in me., Sierra Winter Classic was a lot of fun and a great learning experience. This was my first jackpot showing a heifer and it definitely paid off.

Ethan: In the Final Drive, Mandy was very tired but she pushed through it and she won Reserve Supreme Champion Heifer! I was so excited, and I cannot wait for the next show. It's been great watching her progress while growing as a team.

Kiara:I had an amazing time at the San Diego County Fair and did extremely well with all of my animals. Thank you to all of the sponsors for Curren's Cows who helped to make this amazing year possible. This coming week, Bailey and I will be attending California Youth Ag Expo in Tulare to compete in the breeding division and compete in showmanship.

I do not believe there is anything better than a beef project to show a young person what they can accomplish with hard work and dedication.
View attachment 2459

View attachment 2458View attachment 2460
That's a kind and generous thing to do. So many kids need help.

Latest posts