• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Upcoming Sales

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

R-Calf Cattle Update: Philip Livestock to Host Two Fund-Raisers

Today 4/2/2005 7:06:00 AM

R-Calf Cattle Update: Philip Livestock to Host Two Fund-Raisers

Philip Livestock Auction in Philip, S.D., will host two fund-raisers for R-CALF USA in the next two weeks. The first is scheduled for 1 p.m. MDT on Tuesday, April 5, at which R-CALF USA Director Herman Schumacher will speak on behalf of the organization. The second event is slated for 1 p.m. MDT on Tuesday, April 12.

Paul Slovek, and his son Casey Slovek, both of Philip S.D., will donate a calf for the rollover auction on April 5. Glen Radway, of Milesville, S.D., will donate a calf for the benefit on April 12.

Everyone who donates at least $50 will receive a one-year membership to R-CALF USA.

On Jan. 10, 2005, R-CALF USA filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Billings, Mont., asking the court to overturn USDA's Final Rule to reopen the U.S. border to Canadian live cattle and additional beef products.

On March 2, the court granted R-CALF USA's request for a preliminary injunction that halted implementation of the agency's Final Rule, which was scheduled to take effect on March 7. The final hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. MDT on July 27, in Billings, Mont.

On March 3, the U.S. Senate voted 52-46 in favor of overturning USDA's Final Rule to reopen the Canadian border. The measure now goes to the U.S. House of Representatives. R-CALF USA members should contact their appropriate representatives to request they co-sponsor and then support the Cubin/Herseth Resolution (HJR 23) that would block USDA's efforts to reopen the Canadian border.

I think you R-CALF supporters should dontat ALL your money, land, machinery, etc. to the plite. That would be smart. Yup, that's what I'd do. LOL

Then we will sue you for your Washington cow.

Rancher lol good luck with that rancher :roll:

How are you going to sue us for the Washington cow. How can you prove that cow was infected in Canada and not in the US. Get real Rancher.... your a poor excuse for one!@

your a poor excuse for one!@

Getting a bit touchy are we, you can dish it out, but sure can't take it in return. That is what I dislike about most of your posts, you can not discuss things with out trying to hit below the belt. Well if it makes you feel manly go ahead, I can take it.

What is the age of cattle that are most susceptible to getting BSE? Gee and the answer is? Where was she at that age was she when she was in Canada?

next rancher will be suing because a canada goose pooped on his grass

Rancher,

You ve talked your way around the question.... again.. gee you must be a r-calf member. As I said Prove she was infected in Canada and I will believe you. Sorry for being so cranky!

Les, I wished I had the grass for the goose to poop on. Why do geese make so much noise when they fly? Might be a stupid question, but they sure were loud today.

Wonder if U.S. cattlemen can file a class action suit against R-Calf and it's members when it comes to light how much their fear mongering and lieing have cost the American cattle industry. Can't wait to watch Leo and his cronies jump off the ship like the rats they are.

Hat said,Every single day people come up to me saying R-Calf turned them off of beef. AND I'm A US CATTLEMAN.

So if you are a U.S. cattleman,and even you say r-calf is turning your consumer off of beef.The product you sell,to make a living on.How can that be good for you?The more consumers that r-calf get to quit eatting beef,will cause you to have a surplus of meat.Which will drive down the price of your beef,because the demand for it will go down.

NR...Wonder if U.S. cattlemen can file a class action suit against R-Calf and it's members when it comes to light how much their fear mongering and lieing have cost the American cattle industry.

Consumer confidence in beef is at a higher percentage now than it was before BSE was found in 2003.

Hat: "Every single day people come up to me saying R-Calf turned them off of beef."

Imagine that!

Wow, that's something to be real proud of Hat!

Remind me again how R-CULT represents the grass roots cattle producers by UNJUSTIFIABLY turning people off of eating beef?

~SH~

SH...Remind me again how R-CULT represents the grass roots cattle producers by UNJUSTIFIABLY turning people off of eating beef?

If what you say is true Scott why is consumer confidence in beef higher now than it was before BSE in 2003?

T: "If what you say is true Scott why is consumer confidence in beef higher now than it was before BSE in 2003?"

Because NCBA and USDA was there to offset R-CULT's lies about BSE. Luckily consumers put more trust in USDA than they do R-CULT. Consumer confidence would be even better if R-CULT wasn't lying about BSE.

Hat: "Those saying R-Calf risks consumer confidence are either Canucks or NCBA lovers like yourself."

If I am an NCBA lover, why do I disagree with two of their recent directives? I know the concept of independent thinking is foreign to you R-CULT followers but you might want to consider it.

~SH~

I will start the bidding for the first calf. $1 in Canadian money of course. Had to sell 2 cull cows to get the money for it.

SH...Consumer confidence would be even better if R-CULT wasn't lying about BSE.

Acording to the Kansas Beef Council and the CBB it is 91%, I doubt it would ever get much higher than that. It was around 80% pre BSE.

I was being sarcastic, NOT ONE person has ever said such a thing to me. Those saying R-Calf risks consumer confidence are either Canucks or NCBA lovers like yourself. Get a life Scott, Tam, Shelly, and the rest of you.

Maybe that's because you don't look like someone who would have anything intelligent to say about the subject! I'm sure Scott, Tam, Shelly have been asked for their educated opinion!

Latest posts