• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Update photo of Dixie the dog

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

Here is Dixie, now 10 months old. I am mad at her, because she killed one of the kittens.

See the darker line running down her neck? When she is aroused that stands right straight on end. Makes her look pretty fierce. I have seen other dogs get their 'ruff' up, but not like this.

She likes everyone and isn't much of a watch dog. If she ever changes, she could be intimidating.

She sure has grown into a good looking dog,give her time she may make a watch dog,is she spayed?......................good luck PS I sure would'nt hold cat killing against her :wink:

They are just known as "Birrer's Dogs". Some people named Birrer have raised them for over 40 years. Their story is that they can't remember what they are. :wink: But they really have a good reputation as cattle dogs. Lots of good stories told about them through the years.

Birrers just watch for new dogs that resemble theirs and breed them that way. They are running out of them now. We had given up on getting one, even. We got one in 1988 or 1989 and she was the best dog we ever had. She was not very sociable, though. And had quite a reputation.

I saw one of those Redneck Calendars once and the cartoon and caption read, "you know you're a redneck when your dog has a criminal record." I took it home for my husband because of the reputation of his dog.

Dixie likes everyone though. It is a bit disappointing, because we did want a watch dog. Maybe she'll become one yet, since she is young~as Haymaker mentioned. She did bark when we first got her, but she doesn't now. They make a hienous sound when they bark, kinda like a wild dog. Scary!!

Latest posts