• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Urine Collection

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cedardell

Reaction score
So how easy is it to stick a tube down a bulls urethra into the bladder?

cedardell said:
So how easy is it to stick a tube down a bulls urethra into the bladder?

I was thinking the same thing, cd. Heifers, yes. Bulls and steers - no way.

I meant to post this as a reply to BSE tester's response to Cedardell in regards to his test and human medicine. Hope it works in humans it could unlock a lot of doors. I'm not familiar with collecting urine from bovine males. Every time I grab a penis they kick at me. Isn't that normal?

:wink: I have read somewhere that when a male human grabs the penis of a non-human male anything, eyebrows raise suddenly all over the country and men in white suits rush to the scene. Bulls generally would be sampled at slaughter and the meat and all tissues are held for 14 - 24 hours until the test result is given. Since the animal has been slaughtered, a sample of brain and spinal fluid or tissue may be mixed into the homogenate to quantify the potential prion count. I know of one person who actually tried to insert the tube into the bull, and actually lived to tell about it. He did not succeed by the way. Ron.

bse-tester said:
:wink: I have read somewhere that when a male human grabs the penis of a non-human male anything, eyebrows raise suddenly all over the country and men in white suits rush to the scene. Bulls generally would be sampled at slaughter and the meat and all tissues are held for 14 - 24 hours until the test result is given. Since the animal has been slaughtered, a sample of brain and spinal fluid or tissue may be mixed into the homogenate to quantify the potential prion count. I know of one person who actually tried to insert the tube into the bull, and actually lived to tell about it. He did not succeed by the way. Ron.
Now Now Ron you just told me you tested 14 that way before you got your head kicked off and died now you are over here telling a complete different story. What is a person to believe? :wink: Just to clarify here the bulls and steers are tested at slaughter just like they are now so your test is only for live female animals?

Latest posts