• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

US Mint Recall

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher

Reaction score
Hang on to any of the new Arkansas quarters. If you have them, they may be worth much more than 25 cents.
The U.S. Mint announced today that it is recalling all of the Arkansas quarters that are part of its program featuring quarters from each state.

"This action is being taken after numerous reports that new quarters will not work in parking meters, toll booths, vending machines, pay phones, or other coin-operated devices," a Treasury spokesperson told reporters.

The quarters were issued in the order in which the various states joined Union and have been a tremendous success among coin collectors worldwide.

"The problem lies in the unique design of the Arkansas quarter, which was created by a team from Arkansas," the spokesperson said. "Apparently, the duct tape holding the two dimes and the nickel together keeps jamming the coin machines."

That's hilarious. I work with a gal that did her Phd/Post-doc work @ U of Ark. She is going to this e-mailed to her. :D :D :D

I was just about to post I don't think the govt should be wasting money creating new currency with all our other fiscal problems...then the punch line!
Sorry I don't know some Arkies to mail that to.

Latest posts