• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

USDA and Affirmative Action

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
USDA offering loan funds for socially disadvantaged

The Herald-Dispatch

HUNTINGTON — The USDA is now offering loan funds for socially disadvantaged applicants in West Virginia to buy and operate family-sized farms and ranches.

According to Keith Richmond, county executive director to USDA 's Farm Service Agency in Cabell and Wayne counties, these funds are set aside each year for members of specific groups such as, African Americans, American Indians, Alaskan Natives, Hispanics, Asians and Pacific Islanders and women.

This program provides direct and guaranteed assistance in the form of farm operating and farm ownership loans. Direct loans are made to applicants from the FSA. Guaranteed loans are issued by lending institutions, but typically 90 percent of the loan is guaranteed by FSA if the loan fails.

Operating loans may be used to purchase livestock, equipment, feed, seed and other business-related expenses. Repayment terms run from one to seven years. Ownership loans provide capital to purchase or enlarge a farm, construct or improve buildings, promote soil and water conservation and pay closing costs. Direct ownership loan terms are up to 40 years. Guaranteed loan terms are established by the lender.

For more information producers with questions may contact the FSA office at (304) 697-6033.

Nothing new here, Mike. It already is easier for minorities to get credit with Farm Credit. Guess that's not discrimination :roll:

Heck Mike, you're 'socially disadvantaged', you should be able to get lots of money! With the mental problems you display every day, you could be eligable for a 100,000 acre farm. What a loser! :D :D :D

redriver said:
Heck Mike, you're 'socially disadvantaged', you should be able to get lots of money! With the mental problems you display every day, you could be eligable for a 100,000 acre farm. What a loser! :D :D :D

Yeah, Mike, you flippin moron! :p I'll loan you enough for a 200,000 acre farm just based on your total lack of competence alone! Heck, you're such a total sh#$-for-brains, I would probably stock it for you, too! Man, you're a jerk! :wink:

Sandhusker said:
redriver said:

Yeah, Mike, you flippin moron! :p I'll loan you enough for a 200,000 acre farm just based on your total lack of competence alone! Heck, you're such a total sh#$-for-brains, I would probably stock it for you, too! Man, you're a jerk! :wink:

I'm sitting here in a cool air conditioned house, sipping on a ICE COLD FROZEN Strawberry Daiquiri with my feet propped up. Do you really think I care what some Lisping idiot says about me?

Where do I sign?

Latest posts