• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

USDA Couldn't Track Their Own Shadow!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker said:
don said:
ot when it was a health issue usda got full cooperation from cfia. this is just an internal animal id issue and i don't think canadian information should just be handed out to make up for the shortcomings of your system or lack thereof.

It's against the law for those cattle to be here. That means a crime was committed. If Canada is withholding information, that is abbetting, is it not?

WRONG it is not illegal for them to be in the US!!!!!! R-CALF lost on appeal REMEMBER. :wink: And yes a crime was committed by someone SOUTH OF THE 49th. :shock:
If I were the investigators I would take a look at the cheque that was written to whomever brought those cattle to the auction barn to see who's name is on it. If their not the importer I would bet they would flip faster than R-CALF did when BSE was found in the US, on the true guilty party to save they own butts from a prison term. :nod:

This whole story stinks like a set up. Rule two is ready for comment and all of a sudden there is a breach in the US system. There is only one name on the top of my suspect list and I think everyone can guess who it is. :roll:

There is no way the Canadian beef industry should have to take the hit for the illegal activities carried out WITHIN THE US.

And to you Oldtimer, who is wanting to ride the shirttails now and take advantage of something you DID NOT CREATE ( the Canadian National ID system) to save your sorry butts. :help: :lol: :lol: :lol:
How many times have we been told the US doesn't need an NATIONAL ID system and again you get caught with your pants down around your ankles because not all States have a brand system :nod: :lol: :lol:
BUT somehow you still try blame Canada. :roll:
Go ahead Oldtimer write your Congressmen maybe after a few more of your letters they will realize the only way of stopping the circus act your industry is putting on is MANDATE you ID ALL US CATTLE!!!!! maybe then all states would have trained brand inspectors that can read CAN on the side of an animal before it goes through some questionable sale barn operators ring. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Be interesting if those cattle weren't branded which they need to have to leave canada is if maybe someone got ahold of some CCIA tags and just installed them on some US calves just to create a problem.

Or it could mean like years ago pre BSE, when many of the Border immigration folks were barely checking those sealed trucks- just looking at the ones they could see thru the holes in the truck and seeing if those had the necessary eartags..... :roll:

Thats one of the fallacies of tags as an ID system...They can come and go pretty quick....If there are no brands as I understood ocm to say - this guy in SD could of jerked the tags and never had a problem, had he realized it ...How many more have and are coming across thru a hole somewhere....

The biggest fallacy on display is the current US I.D. program. Brand requirements aren't even consistant through all of South Dakota? Are you sure about that Oldtimer?

Any response Oldtimer re: your lie on the CCIA system in Canada and the date it was implelmented.

And to you Oldtimer, who is wanting to ride the shirttails now and take advantage of something you DID NOT CREATE ( the Canadian National ID system) to save your sorry butts.

What good is it if you won't assist your trading partners to track down and investigate potentially diseased cattle illegally going into the US system- endangering herd health, consumer health, US international risk status, and some US export markets....

More of that one sided co-operation and trade we've gotten so used to Tammy :roll:

Any response Oldtimer re: your lie on the CCIA system in Canada and the date it was implelmented.

Well Bill thats just like a Canuck that caught in a problem again-- call me a liar.. So should I come back and call you a liar because you question what I said about SD being a brand state in only half it-- because it is...West river is brand, East river doesn't require it....You'll have to ask a South Dakotan how that came about :roll:

I'll admit I was wrong on the starting date- but its still mainly BSE that brought it about...But its worthless as a health or trade aid if Canada won't use it to assist trading partners find illegal contraband possibly diseased cattle/ and how they are gaining entry to the country...

Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Be interesting if those cattle weren't branded which they need to have to leave canada is if maybe someone got ahold of some CCIA tags and just installed them on some US calves just to create a problem.

Or it could mean like years ago pre BSE, when many of the Border immigration folks were barely checking those sealed trucks- just looking at the ones they could see thru the holes in the truck and seeing if those had the necessary eartags..... :roll:

Thats one of the fallacies of tags as an ID system...They can come and go pretty quick....If there are no brands as I understood ocm to say - this guy in SD could of jerked the tags and never had a problem, had he realized it ...How many more have and are coming across thru a hole somewhere....

Funny how it was the tag not the brand that caused the packer to kick these cattle out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK Deputy Dog get on it and find out just how many US sale barn cheques are written to Canadian producers? As I doubt they are going to take the chance in smuggleing them and then not claim the cheque do you? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Especially look into those that smuggle non branded cattle with the CCIA ear tag still in the ear into the US just to sell them through a US sale barn who has employees so blind they can't see the tag in the ear, to a US feedlot guy that is also to blind to see the tag in the ear. I bet you will find a boat load of them and if they that dumb they probably shouldn't be out in public. So Book'em Dick'o for their own safety as next they will be running with a stick. . :wink: :lol: :lol:

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Funny how it was the tag not the brand that caused the packer to kick these cattle out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK Deputy Dog get on it and find out just how many US sale barn cheques are written to Canadian producers? As I doubt they are going to take the chance in smuggleing them and then not claim the cheque do you? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Especially look into those that smuggle non branded cattle with the CCIA ear tag still in the ear into the US just to sell them through a US sale barn who has employees so blind they can't see the tag in the ear, to a US feedlot guy that is also to blind to see the tag in the ear. I bet you will find a boat load of them and if they that dumb they probably shouldn't be out in public. So Book'em Dick'o for their own safety as next they will be running with a stick. . :wink: :lol: :lol:

You know your butts floating down the stream and the paddles are falling off again don't you Tammy-- the reason for the sarcasm and going after me again rather than worrying about the true problem of why/how this happened...EH Cussing me or your ex-countrymen won't help make it go away...:wink: :lol:

ot should have titled this thread 'usda couldn't track its own shadow and it's all canada's fault'. if this turns out to be a setup maybe canada will finally wise up and find some other crooks to deal with. on the other hand, if the packers want the border open i don't think there's a blessed thing r-calf can do to stop it in spite of all their bluster.

mwj said:
Not to rain on the parade but these cattle may have came acrost the border and went where they were suposed to have gone. The most logical explanation I can see is that they were imported in to an aproved lot. Those cattle can go both ways thru a gate :shock: The thing that jumped out at me was there were only 7 head involved. If I was going to run the risk of bringing cattle acrost in violation I wouldn't risk my hide on the profit on 7 head :roll: I can see 7 head being wrote off as death loss on a feedlot and going out the back gate. Since the packer had no prob. catching the tags it stands to reason it might very well be a one time deal to make a point.

Oldtimer care to look at my theory that you overlooked. Can you think of a reasoon someone would risk jailtime over 7 head. Stinks on this side of the border. Sure seems ironic that the biggest reason to fight ID here was that the gov. would leak info when it wasn't a health issue but that is the exact thing you want the Canadian gov. to do.

Oldtimer said:

Well Bill thats just like a Canuck that caught in a problem again-- call me a liar.. So should I come back and call you a liar because you question what I said about SD being a brand state in only half it-- because it is...West river is brand, East river doesn't require it....You'll have to ask a South Dakotan how that came about :roll:

I'll admit I was wrong on the starting date- but its still mainly BSE that brought it about...But its worthless as a health or trade aid if Canada won't use it to assist trading partners find illegal contraband possibly diseased cattle/ and how they are gaining entry to the country...

Canuck caught in a problem??? :lol: :lol: :lol: How so? You were the one who was lieing about the startup date for Canadia's ID system. You're the one looking stupid holding an antiquated brand system up as adequate when according to your own words Oldtimer, states such as your neighbor aren't even consistant from one side to the other.Canuck caught in a problem???? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your biggest problem Oldtimer is we have watched time and time again as what you didn't know you simply make up. Then when the truth is told and you are corrected on it you sluff it off or ignore like it was no big deal. Your lack of consideration for the truth is disappointing given your self-proclaimed 30 year history in law enforcenment. :roll:

Bill- You think the Congressmen/Courts aren't going to look at USDA's inability to keep track of cattle supposedly coming in under controlled circumstances when they have to make their decision on Rule 2 :???: And don't you think that Canada's failure to cooperate and fully assist with a US health concern won't be made a major part of the issue :???:

You're living in La-La land if you truly think that.....

Cuss me if you want to- but that won't make this incident or Canadas lack of good faith go away........

...now i can understand how custer felt some 100 plus years ago...sitting bull is on the east side of river...no he is on the west side of the river...oh i give up...those illegal indians i don't no where there at... :wink: oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
Bill- You think the Congressmen/Courts aren't going to look at USDA's inability to keep track of cattle supposedly coming in under controlled circumstances when they have to make their decision on Rule 2 :???: And don't you think that Canada's failure to cooperate and fully assist with a US health concern won't be made a major part of the issue :???:

You're living in La-La land if you truly think that.....

Cuss me if you want to- but that won't make this incident or Canadas lack of good faith go away........

Cuss you? Just pointing out the facts.

How do you know there was failure to co-operate on Canada's part. Another R-Klan source? There has been so little press regarding this that it is obviously a non-issue in most peoples eyes and the only people trying to make something of it are the R-Klanners with their assumptions and suggestions.

I think BMRs suggestion earlier of some crooked R-Klanner slapping some Canadian tags in non-branded AMERICAN cattle in an attempt to discredit the process is quite possible. Funny how they called this fellow "An independent South Dakota feeder" at the start of the article.

Independent of what????????

Bill- Looks like we'll have to wait and see how it plays out...Thats one of the reasons I asked my Congressmen to look into the issue and make sure no-one trys to sweep it under the rug... They need to get to the bottom of it....

Tam said:

Tam- Wasn't there someone on this site that told us about an illegal contraband US feeder program calf that was purchased and ended up in their Canadian herd- that some blind Canadian dummy's up and down the line apparently didn't see the eartag in until later after they got them home? Now who could that person be that missed that tag and has that cow...EH Tam :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good thing that one has a Montana brand on it so you have at least one cow you know origin on... :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

Tam- Wasn't there someone on this site that told us about an illegal contraband US feeder program calf that was purchased and ended up in their Canadian herd- that some blind Canadian dummy's up and down the line apparently didn't see the eartag in until later after they got them home? Now who could that person be that missed that tag and has that cow...EH Tam :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good thing that one has a Montana brand on it so you have at least one cow you know origin on... :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p

OT how do you know they weren't imported as breeding cattle. I used to bring bull up Hfrs of a certian age could come quite easily. They do have have a MT health of animals tag the same as the bulls did. They might have come as feeders but you are just guessing or basing your opinion on hearsay. Is that how a sherriff in MT does business?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

OT how do you know they weren't imported as breeding cattle. I used to bring bull up Hfrs of a certian age could come quite easily. They do have have a MT health of animals tag the same as the bulls did. They might have come as feeders but you are just guessing or basing your opinion on hearsay. Is that how a sherriff in MT does business?

That ain't what you and Tam told us before- of how you even contacted the US folks to let them know and all after you found it... Confessions aren't hearsay :wink:

Did she call you blind and so dumb you shouldn't be out in public too when you found the tag like she's claiming all these US folks are :???: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:

That ain't what you and Tam told us before- of how you even contacted the US folks to let them know and all after you found it... Confessions aren't hearsay :wink:

Did she call you blind and so dumb you shouldn't be out in public too when you found the tag like she's claiming all these US folks are :???: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No I knew they were from Montana when they were bought. In fact they were advertised on the radio. Why I questioned the US federal Vet was that the tag number started with AZ which I thought strange for cattle coming from Montana. Turns out that is the code letters for Montana. Did you know that?

Oldtimer said:
And to you Oldtimer, who is wanting to ride the shirttails now and take advantage of something you DID NOT CREATE ( the Canadian National ID system) to save your sorry butts.

What good is it if you won't assist your trading partners to track down and investigate potentially diseased cattle illegally going into the US system- endangering herd health, consumer health, US international risk status, and some US export markets....

More of that one sided co-operation and trade we've gotten so used to Tammy :roll:

No, just more of the same fear mongering crap you are known for DICKY :wink: When can we expect to read the rest of the story or are you going to pull your usual trick and let some Canadian bring the truth to clarify this story too.

mwj said:
mwj said:
Not to rain on the parade but these cattle may have came acrost the border and went where they were suposed to have gone. The most logical explanation I can see is that they were imported in to an aproved lot. Those cattle can go both ways thru a gate :shock: The thing that jumped out at me was there were only 7 head involved. If I was going to run the risk of bringing cattle acrost in violation I wouldn't risk my hide on the profit on 7 head :roll: I can see 7 head being wrote off as death loss on a feedlot and going out the back gate. Since the packer had no prob. catching the tags it stands to reason it might very well be a one time deal to make a point.

Oldtimer care to look at my theory that you overlooked. Can you think of a reasoon someone would risk jailtime over 7 head. Stinks on this side of the border. Sure seems ironic that the biggest reason to fight ID here was that the gov. would leak info when it wasn't a health issue but that is the exact thing you want the Canadian gov. to do.

JUST Another case of do as I say not as I do mwj :wink:

Tam said:
mwj said:
mwj said:

JUST Another case of do as I say not as I do mwj :wink:

Actually I didn't see your post mwj-- No doubt in my mind they could have came across and went where they were supposed to be...Nobodies questioning that...The point is they did not end up where they were supposed to be....And this is supposed to be being done under USDA's strong oversight program... :roll:

All I'm saying is that there are apparently flaws in USDA's system- and before they begin trying to import larger numbers of the high risk cattle in, they better get some answers and their ducks in a row....And I would think Canadians would be bending over backward to help them investigate and find the problem- unless the Rule 2 doesn't really matter to them........

Doesn't any state beside Montana require death loss inspections at their feedlots? All cattle dying in a feedlot must be brand inspected and the tally sent in monthly on death losses.....

Latest posts