• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

USDA refuses to release mad cow records

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Murgen

Reaction score
The watchdog group Public Citizen filed a request under the Freedom of Information Act last December for reports documenting how certain safety policies are being violated at slaughterhouses and how banned parts of older cows, such as the brain and spinal cord, have been entering the human food supply

If there's nothing to hide, why wouldn't you spill it all?

People should be concerned," Tony Corbo of Public Citizen told UPI. "The USDA has been touting this as one of their firewalls, that they`re removing these risky materials," he said. "If there are lapses in that, it could put the food supply in jeopardy."

SAVE US RCALF, TELL US AGAIN HOW UNSAFE CANADIAN BEEF IS!

I have a sneaking suspicion that Phyllis Fong's Final Report is not going to be pretty for the USDA. Ann knew to get out while the getting was good.

None of this is good for beef producers. :???:

Just the thing I thought MIKE ,,I have a sneaking suspicion that Phyllis Fong's Final Report is not going to be pretty for the USDA. Ann knew to get out while the getting was good. How about everone that left USDA in the Last 10 months including BILL HAWKS and Lisa Harrision.

Weren't many of you saying that R-CALF was going to damage the beef industry? I remember comments about a gun to our heads? All the negetive articles I see that are detrimental to the industry were caused by the USDA - the very outfit R-CALF has been very critical of for some time.

What happened to the great transparancy the USDA said it would follow? That was their accuse for announcing the inconclusives before any final tests were back. All the while the markets were in a turmoil waiting for results.

How can we trust this push coming from Public Citizen when that is an activist anti-corporate, anti-trade, group involved in several anti-beef campaigns?

MRJ

Reader, is your RCALF membership paid up? Better give them your $ before they go broke!

reader (the Second) said:
MRJ said:
How can we trust this push coming from Public Citizen when that is an activist anti-corporate, anti-trade, group involved in several anti-beef campaigns?

MRJ

Yeah, those LAGs have never been known to say one truthful thing :roll: :roll: Just call 'em a name and ignore 'em I always say.

We all know that. You do it every time with anything you don't agree with.

Sandhusker said:
Weren't many of you saying that R-CALF was going to damage the beef industry? I remember comments about a gun to our heads? All the negetive articles I see that are detrimental to the industry were caused by the USDA - the very outfit R-CALF has been very critical of for some time.

Sandhusker, just wait until the legal proceedings are "aired" by the media - we'll be hearing r-calf's chants over and over again and so will beef consumers.

Latest posts