• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

USDA Vet Alleges Unreported Cases of BSE

Help Support Ranchers.net:

whiteface

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
Isn't this exactly what happened in Japan and consumer confidence dropped out of the bottom? Forced the Japaneese government to blanket test everything just to get the Japaneese to start eating beef again. Hey, maybe this is good for you US that you're hiding cases!!
Will likely get COOL and blanket testing fast tracked as soon as your consumer finds out!
It was only yesterday we were all talking about practising other languages...you people don't need bombs or threats, you need to listen to someone else for a change, your customers! Learn their language and give them what they ask for, like honesty and the lessons they've learned from thier own mistakes! Have a good day all.
 

Mad Max

Active member
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
at my computer
reader (the Second) said:
http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmontonjournal/news/cityplus/story.html?id=ac626610-a801-4e81-9ba1-71bf85d17c26

U.S. mad cow coverup alleged
American records not credible, former packing plant vet says

Duncan Thorne
The Edmonton Journal

Thursday, April 07, 2005

EDMONTON - A former American government packing plant veterinarian says the United States government is hiding cases of mad cow disease.

Dr. Lester Friedlander said Wednesday that colleagues with the United States Department of Agriculture have told him of cases that the USDA has chosen not to announce.

Friedlander, who has been invited to speak to Parliament's agriculture committee next week on proposed changes to Canadian inspection legislation, refused to give details. He said the USDA employees are close to retirement and risk losing their pensions...

(couple of page story with quotes from CIFA as well)

BULLCRAP...ALL OF IT :mad:
 

whiteface

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
Why do you assume it's bull crap, seriously, if you've been importing millions of Canadian cows for hundreds of years, and WE are definatly finding cases, what the Hell would make you assume you can't possibly have it??!!! The ONLY logical explanation is that you're hiding it and when it comes out you're all in DEEP sh** with the Japaneese but worse, your own consumer. I bet reader(the second) doesn't eat beef any more, and there will be more to follow in rapid succession as the lies come out. Not here to rain on your parade, seriously, just want to know how on Earth you could be so sure that your government is being honest with you. What possibly keeps you safe from the cows (from Canada) ON YOUR SIDE OF THE BORDER THAT YOU CAN'T FIND that you KNOW have it? Not processing downers, SRM removal, what keeps you safe? Really. Honest question. Have a good day!
 

don

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
0
Location
saskatchewan
if friedlander is a liar, what's his motivation for lying? is he getting rich or is he just exposing unsafe practices. some people just try to do the right thing.
 

Mad Max

Active member
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
at my computer
whiteface said:
Why do you assume it's bull crap, seriously, if you've been importing millions of Canadian cows for hundreds of years, and WE are definatly finding cases, what the Hell would make you assume you can't possibly have it??!!! The ONLY logical explanation is that you're hiding it and when it comes out you're all in DEEP sh** with the Japaneese but worse, your own consumer. I bet reader(the second) doesn't eat beef any more, and there will be more to follow in rapid succession as the lies come out. Not here to rain on your parade, seriously, just want to know how on Earth you could be so sure that your government is being honest with you. What possibly keeps you safe from the cows (from Canada) ON YOUR SIDE OF THE BORDER THAT YOU CAN'T FIND that you KNOW have it? Not processing downers, SRM removal, what keeps you safe? Really. Honest question. Have a good day!

Really...uhmm PROOF
 

Mad Max

Active member
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
at my computer
don said:
if friedlander is a liar, what's his motivation for lying? is he getting rich or is he just exposing unsafe practices. some people just try to do the right thing.

Which IS What...
 

Tam

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
12,759
Reaction score
0
Location
Sask
Look what happen to the Washington slaughter house employee that spoke up after the USDA said the Washington cow was a downer. He said he was the one that killed her and she wasn't a downer. It took months for the truth to come out that the USDA lied. Everyone took the USDA's word instead of the man that knew. Look at watch happen to the line inspectors that said the SRM's are not being removed from all OTM cattle and they are being shipped as UTM meat. The Inspectors are under investigation and could be charged not the plants. Look what happen to the Texas cow, the inspector said test her and the USDA offical said no and she was sent to rendering before a sample could be taken. Before that 500 suspect cows were missed by testing. The Nov. 2004 cow tested inconclusive repeatedly, the Scienists say she had to be positive but she still came up negative. Look at the testing being done in the US are rancher turning over their 4D's no it is slaughter house animals. The FDA has rules to stop the spread of BSE but is there 100% compliance in the feed system? Now this guy is saying they are hiding BSE is that a big surprize to anyone? We all know it is there and the US producer better pray that the USDA doesn't mess up their record of not finding it. The US beef industry will be destroyed as how can the US consumers trust the meat they eat is save, if all beef in Canada is a genuine risk of death thanks to R-CALF statements. This will not be a NON ISSUE in the eyes of the consumers like Leo says it will. People don't like being lied to and they will see the truth sooner or later. The whole U.S. beef industry will be the ones paying for all the lies.
 

CattleCo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Do we have anyone in this country that really believes we are BSE Free???? If so, call me I have some yearling quarter horse colts I think will be worth about $100,000 by Fall, I will take $10,000 for now! You can make a smooth $90,000!! :roll:
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Tam said:
Look what happen to the Washington slaughter house employee that spoke up after the USDA said the Washington cow was a downer. He said he was the one that killed her and she wasn't a downer. It took months for the truth to come out that the USDA lied. Everyone took the USDA's word instead of the man that knew. Look at watch happen to the line inspectors that said the SRM's are not being removed from all OTM cattle and they are being shipped as UTM meat. The Inspectors are under investigation and could be charged not the plants. Look what happen to the Texas cow, the inspector said test her and the USDA offical said no and she was sent to rendering before a sample could be taken. Before that 500 suspect cows were missed by testing. The Nov. 2004 cow tested inconclusive repeatedly, the Scienists say she had to be positive but she still came up negative. Look at the testing being done in the US are rancher turning over their 4D's no it is slaughter house animals. The FDA has rules to stop the spread of BSE but is there 100% compliance in the feed system? Now this guy is saying they are hiding BSE is that a big surprize to anyone? We all know it is there and the US producer better pray that the USDA doesn't mess up their record of not finding it. The US beef industry will be destroyed as how can the US consumers trust the meat they eat is save, if all beef in Canada is a genuine risk of death thanks to R-CALF statements. This will not be a NON ISSUE in the eyes of the consumers like Leo says it will. People don't like being lied to and they will see the truth sooner or later. The whole U.S. beef industry will be the ones paying for all the lies.

Tam- I have 1 question-- Why is Canada fighting so hard to import into this evil corrupted system? I agree that USDA has screwed up royally- has falsely misled both producers and consumers several times-- but it seems that Canada still fights tooth and nail to get that USDA approved stamp on their cattle and beef products so they can sell them... Does no-one want "Product of Canada" labeled beef... Why are Canadians fighting so hard to ship beef south? Must be they "need" the USDA stamp.......Why would you want to have your beef passed off as a product of this corrupt nation?
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
21,984
Reaction score
83
Location
Big Muddy valley
Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
Look what happen to the Washington slaughter house employee that spoke up after the USDA said the Washington cow was a downer. He said he was the one that killed her and she wasn't a downer. It took months for the truth to come out that the USDA lied. Everyone took the USDA's word instead of the man that knew. Look at watch happen to the line inspectors that said the SRM's are not being removed from all OTM cattle and they are being shipped as UTM meat. The Inspectors are under investigation and could be charged not the plants. Look what happen to the Texas cow, the inspector said test her and the USDA offical said no and she was sent to rendering before a sample could be taken. Before that 500 suspect cows were missed by testing. The Nov. 2004 cow tested inconclusive repeatedly, the Scienists say she had to be positive but she still came up negative. Look at the testing being done in the US are rancher turning over their 4D's no it is slaughter house animals. The FDA has rules to stop the spread of BSE but is there 100% compliance in the feed system? Now this guy is saying they are hiding BSE is that a big surprize to anyone? We all know it is there and the US producer better pray that the USDA doesn't mess up their record of not finding it. The US beef industry will be destroyed as how can the US consumers trust the meat they eat is save, if all beef in Canada is a genuine risk of death thanks to R-CALF statements. This will not be a NON ISSUE in the eyes of the consumers like Leo says it will. People don't like being lied to and they will see the truth sooner or later. The whole U.S. beef industry will be the ones paying for all the lies.

Tam- I have 1 question-- Why is Canada fighting so hard to import into this evil corrupted system? I agree that USDA has screwed up royally- has falsely misled both producers and consumers several times-- but it seems that Canada still fights tooth and nail to get that USDA approved stamp on their cattle and beef products so they can sell them... Does no-one want "Product of Canada" labeled beef... Why are Canadians fighting so hard to ship beef south? Must be they "need" the USDA stamp.......Why would you want to have your beef passed off as a product of this corrupt nation?

Oldtimer it isn't Canada that puts the USDA stamp on our beef it is the U.S. We have a agreement that allows us to sell beef and live cattle to the U.S. and that meat has to meet USDA standards.
 

PORKER

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
4,170
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan-Florida
I like the Scoringsystem way of transparency,you get to see if you are buying a pig in a poke,as they say.
 

rkaiser

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
1,958
Reaction score
0
Location
Calgary Alberta
:? Twist things around all you like Oldtimer, you support a friggin group that says American Beef is safe and Canadian beef is diseased.

Bring on Cool you old fool. Fight your battle with your packers and quit jumping on Canadian producers backs while they are down for no bloody good reason.

I personally hope the border stays closed and we can develope new markets, but a lot of Canadian producers, and many of my own customers, cannot take much more of this closed border BS for no reason other than your Rcalf leaders egos. Tell me another reason the border should remain closed Oltimer!
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
Look what happen to the Washington slaughter house employee that spoke up after the USDA said the Washington cow was a downer. He said he was the one that killed her and she wasn't a downer. It took months for the truth to come out that the USDA lied. Everyone took the USDA's word instead of the man that knew. Look at watch happen to the line inspectors that said the SRM's are not being removed from all OTM cattle and they are being shipped as UTM meat. The Inspectors are under investigation and could be charged not the plants. Look what happen to the Texas cow, the inspector said test her and the USDA offical said no and she was sent to rendering before a sample could be taken. Before that 500 suspect cows were missed by testing. The Nov. 2004 cow tested inconclusive repeatedly, the Scienists say she had to be positive but she still came up negative. Look at the testing being done in the US are rancher turning over their 4D's no it is slaughter house animals. The FDA has rules to stop the spread of BSE but is there 100% compliance in the feed system? Now this guy is saying they are hiding BSE is that a big surprize to anyone? We all know it is there and the US producer better pray that the USDA doesn't mess up their record of not finding it. The US beef industry will be destroyed as how can the US consumers trust the meat they eat is save, if all beef in Canada is a genuine risk of death thanks to R-CALF statements. This will not be a NON ISSUE in the eyes of the consumers like Leo says it will. People don't like being lied to and they will see the truth sooner or later. The whole U.S. beef industry will be the ones paying for all the lies.

Tam- I have 1 question-- Why is Canada fighting so hard to import into this evil corrupted system? I agree that USDA has screwed up royally- has falsely misled both producers and consumers several times-- but it seems that Canada still fights tooth and nail to get that USDA approved stamp on their cattle and beef products so they can sell them... Does no-one want "Product of Canada" labeled beef... Why are Canadians fighting so hard to ship beef south? Must be they "need" the USDA stamp.......Why would you want to have your beef passed off as a product of this corrupt nation?

Oldtimer it isn't Canada that puts the USDA stamp on our beef it is the U.S. We have a agreement that allows us to sell beef and live cattle to the U.S. and that meat has to meet USDA standards.

Thats true Big Muddy- but since we are so EVIL and USDA is so CORRUPT and our standards are so LOW , why would you want to be associated with us?
 

PORKER

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
4,170
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan-Florida
I really like the Nokia cellphone for checking on broodcows.Beats the little RED BOOK everytime.
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
21,984
Reaction score
83
Location
Big Muddy valley
Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:
Tam- I have 1 question-- Why is Canada fighting so hard to import into this evil corrupted system? I agree that USDA has screwed up royally- has falsely misled both producers and consumers several times-- but it seems that Canada still fights tooth and nail to get that USDA approved stamp on their cattle and beef products so they can sell them... Does no-one want "Product of Canada" labeled beef... Why are Canadians fighting so hard to ship beef south? Must be they "need" the USDA stamp.......Why would you want to have your beef passed off as a product of this corrupt nation?

Oldtimer it isn't Canada that puts the USDA stamp on our beef it is the U.S. We have a agreement that allows us to sell beef and live cattle to the U.S. and that meat has to meet USDA standards.

Thats true Big Muddy- but since we are so EVIL and USDA is so CORRUPT and our standards are so LOW , why would you want to be associated with us?


For the same reason R-CALF doesn't want us, "THE MONEY" I didn't think I would have to tell a R-CALFer like you, heck you brag all the time about cull prices and what so and so got for their calves or bulls. We don't influence your market near to the extent that you affect ours. You should know that Oldtimer .
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer it isn't Canada that puts the USDA stamp on our beef it is the U.S. We have a agreement that allows us to sell beef and live cattle to the U.S. and that meat has to meet USDA standards.

Thats true Big Muddy- but since we are so EVIL and USDA is so CORRUPT and our standards are so LOW , why would you want to be associated with us?


For the same reason R-CALF doesn't want us, "THE MONEY" I didn't think I would have to tell a R-CALFer like you, heck you brag all the time about cull prices and what so and so got for their calves or bulls. We don't influence your market near to the extent that you affect ours. You should know that Oldtimer .

Like I've said before- Require COOL labeling so consumers can choose and then bring it down- I have no problem-- Let the US consumer know that the product was never examined or inspected by a USDA employee- I remember all the screaming the Canadians and their organizations did for the last 6-7 years fighting COOL.......Makes me wonder why?......
 

Manitoba_Rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
2,117
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Hat- Your just jealous that you don't have as good of cattle as Randy ( and now myself as I have purchased 2 of Randy's excellent bulls) Hat you can ask anyone who has seen Randys herd and they would all say that he has a great herd of cattle! Way to go Randy keep up the good work! Great job of promoting your product!

Hat is just jealous because his sheep are all standing with their @$$es against the wall! :lol:
 

frenchie

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
564
Reaction score
0
Location
nw manitoba
Manitoba_Rancher said:
Hat-

Hat is just jealous because his sheep are all standing with their @$$es against the wall! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

Bill

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
2,066
Reaction score
0
Location
GWN
Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:
Thats true Big Muddy- but since we are so EVIL and USDA is so CORRUPT and our standards are so LOW , why would you want to be associated with us?


For the same reason R-CALF doesn't want us, "THE MONEY" I didn't think I would have to tell a R-CALFer like you, heck you brag all the time about cull prices and what so and so got for their calves or bulls. We don't influence your market near to the extent that you affect ours. You should know that Oldtimer .

Like I've said before- Require COOL labeling so consumers can choose and then bring it down- I have no problem-- Let the US consumer know that the product was never examined or inspected by a USDA employee- I remember all the screaming the Canadians and their organizations did for the last 6-7 years fighting COOL.......Makes me wonder why?......

Better yet implement COOL with MID so the US actually has some credibility built into their system instead of simply being able to slap a tag or a sticker from another country on any problem that arises and then looking the other way. We don't want to be associated with you, what we expect is a nation to live up to their signed agreements through NAFTA but that does not seem to be the American way as witnessed in softwood, wheat, hogs and now beef.
 

Latest posts

Top