• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Utah Cattlemen’s Association call

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
The phone rang and it was a board member from the UCA. Informed me I was nominated for the state board. So now I have a nominating committee meeting Wednesday in SLC at the winter convention. Elections happen Friday. I'm hoping they vote in someone better qualified and more politically inclined. But I am honored someone thought enough of me to make the nomination. We shall see

First you get invited to do your poetry at the big show in Elko. Now you are an official with the state cattlemen's association. Will you still make time to talk to us little people? Or are you afraid we might ruin your reputation with rumors of you as a goat farmer? At this rate you will probably be running for president in 2028. Edna says you have her vote.

First you get invited to do your poetry at the big show in Elko. Now you are an official with the state cattlemen's association. Will you still make time to talk to us little people? Or are you afraid we might ruin your reputation with rumors of you as a goat farmer? At this rate you will probably be running for president in 2028. Edna says you have her vote.
He'd have my vote too!!!

Well it's been two full days. I think we've lost him.

Utah has sure reached a new low for leadership in our cattlemen's association. I am the new 2nd vice president for the central region. Still pretty crazy to me folks would vote for me on purpose. And to my knowledge all votes were from living people. I will serve as best I can to represent ranchers and feeders and all those associated with raising cattle in Utah. I hope I can increase membership and get more producers to join us. If that happens I'll be plumb tickled. Wish me luck! And pray for Utah with me helping to lead this parade.

Well I think they got the right man for the job, I have no doubt you will excel in your position. Congratulations.

edited to add: Im also plumb tickled that high office has not yet caused you to forget who your friends are!

Went to an Wyoming Board of AG, meeting. It fit in well with the WSGA and WWGA winter meeting Monday. Listen to Joe Goggins talk Monday night , telling us we need to work together, we might have to move Cool, and check off the table with a couple other thing. Then the 90% of the problem we face we pretty much all agree on and should work together and stop bickering!
I skipped Tuesday and today. , couple family things at home and back at my old home need checking up on.

Latest posts