• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

VaLentine Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Got the book work done to take to the Tax Accountant in Montpelier ID, had my wife take a few hours off work and ride over with me. We had lunch there at good Chinese Place. Got home and got the stock all fed. So been working on a Valentine Day dinner, baked a flourless Chocolate cake, been cracking and shelling some crab (BIL has a fishing boat in SE Alaska and keeps us stocked in seafood), made some homemade pasta linguine , going to just make a butter sauce to go with the crab and linguine, and also cook up some asparagus

Dear diary,

Here I sit all alone eating Mint Chocolate chip ice cream on an Eggo!

This day is just a cruel reminder that no one loves me!
Happy friggin' Valentine's Day!!

Dear diary,

I forgot to mention that today is also my birthday so I put candles on my ice cream.

For all you ladies out there
6c223301f7855366302404565d28cf4badc02.gif

Happy Valentine day!

SL

jodywy said:
Got the book work done to take to the Tax Accountant in Montpelier ID, had my wife take a few hours off work and ride over with me. We had lunch there at good Chinese Place. Got home and got the stock all fed. So been working on a Valentine Day dinner, baked a flourless Chocolate cake, been cracking and shelling some crab (BIL has a fishing boat in SE Alaska and keeps us stocked in seafood), made some homemade pasta linguine , going to just make a butter sauce to go with the crab and linguine, and also cook up some asparagus

Thats exactly what I wanted to fix but V_Key wanted to try-out a new Crawdad Place:( :(She didn't want to make me cook):

Their Garlic (sauce) Dads were not that good! but the sauce was great...
Good Snack but I'd starve if I had to live on Crawdads.

Jody - - How/Where did you learn to cook?

My mother was raised in a Hotel - everyone learned to cook.
On big holiday with her family the men did the cooking:)
The women watched TV...

My mother made me learn to do all the housework - at came in handy in later life.

In the 60's I was living in What I Call "The Rat Camp" in San Jose - I did most of the cooking!
A Colorado Cowboy (stationed at Fort Ord) use to camp and Rodeo with us on Week-ends.

Tim said he was from a Big Family and learned to care for himself when he was kicked out of the house to live in the Bunk House with the cowboys

Some of my Friends, including my Father, would starve if left-on-their-own.

Watched Mom cook for big hay crews in the summer, Family reunions, seemed like everybody had to bring their fanciest dish, and allot of the talk was about food. At college lived by myself and tried different stuff. Sue had a Fanny Farmer cook book we give one to each of the kids when they get out of High School. It really pushes the basics. I never really use a recipe other then as a guide. No satellite TV here when we are on a trip in a motel we end up watching the food channel for ideas, now with the internet I can Google something, like the chocolate rosemary short ribs, I had them at a board retreat last fall, and when I found it I changed it a little for what I had and used the lamb shoulder it turned out a big WOW.

Got to pick up the insulation for the attic, lunch at the Golden Corral and hubby bought me a new coat because the old one was too big and no longer kept the cold out.

Latest posts