• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Valleyhillls Angus

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
My buddy and I went through the cows they are dispersing on 12/07 in LLoydminister, Alberta. It went well except for my chapped lips from all the drooling-they've put years of work into a very solid set of purebred cows-nice to see some Angus cattle that are good on their feet and legs. There's some older cows that I really like-hopefully I can get a couple captured.

What kind of breeding are you most interested in? Interesting how much 707 is in that old 105 matriarch cow.
I'm going to miss Brian as a bull supplier. Definitely a no compromise type of breeder. I never hauled a bull from him to town that wasn't used up.
I used to ask him for a 1680 bull when he was first popular. He just said he didn't use him. After pestering him for a few years, he told me he went to look at the bull once. He thought the bull should have been cut as his feet were among the worst he had ever seen. That was the only time I heard him negatively comment on someone else's cattle.
I always considered his bulls a bargain as he never participated in the "I'll bid your lead off bull up if you come back and buy three heifers " deals.
Good people with well bred cattle. Hope they are rewarded for all the good work.

Brian and Elaine definately wrote the book on ethics-I like the cattle that go back to Nichols breeding-I've had good luck with them over the years-I'd use L56 again ina heartbeat if I could find some. Those 340 daughters are as good as I've ever-340's were productive cows and lasted well but could be a bit frail-these ones sure aren't. Some very good red cows too-I hope the sale is a runaway but has a couple soft spots so this peon can buy some cows lol. I wonder how many 1,000 calves sell up in my country out of their bulls-alot I'm betting.

I think you can get to the catalogue online at www.cattlemanagement.ca under Valleyhills Dispersal. If any of you stateside want to buy some cows and flush them let me know-I've got nothing but time and enthusiasm right now.

I'm sure they are fine cattle. My question is why sell everything and then get more. If I had to sell out I don't think rebuying in a week would be in my gameplan. More likely a job in town would be the gameplan.

I sold a couple semiloads and I'm thinking of buying two or three lol. A job in town has never been my game plan!!! Not knocking the peiople who do but just not for me.

If you go to the Valley Hills sale they post sale reports over on advantage cattle web site. I sure would appreciate it if anyone has time to do it.
I don't know if you will ever see a sale with only one prefix on the cows.

N R

You get those cows home and as a starting over gift I will donate 2 straws of EXT per cow just to keep you agile. :twisted: :twisted:

I think you know where you can put that-it might make you a bit more agile lol. The last EXT biatch got loaded on the truck Saturday and peace returned to the valley.

We ranch right beside Brian and Elaine, good people. This set of cattle are honest, hard working and could fit into any operation. Meadow hay is their diet from January on, before that they turn any left over frozen roughage into food. Grazing theirs and our swamps well into January.

Have sold them Genex Semen over the years, not looking for the top flavor bulls, but the ones that have their strict criteria.

They have never been competitors to our bull sales but ambassadors to all Angus supporters, putting a product forward that exemplifies the Angus Breed.

Wish them the best.

CA

Northern Rancher said:
I think you know where you can put that-it might make you a bit more agile lol. The last EXT biatch got loaded on the truck Saturday and peace returned to the valley.
Couldn't be that bad if you got her loaded while you were both still living!!! :D
That looks like a good sale, I hope i can make it on Monday.

I think they averaged just under $1600-I got three cows with elite status and three others. My neighbor Ivan Demmans-Nesset Lake Angus-bought twelve and pretty much creamed the sale. Brian and Elaine were happy with the results and ultimately that's all that matters.

Latest posts